Honest people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost my phone in London today, and lo and behold by the time I got home soneone had found it and rang my home number up. They are sending it back to me. I didnt think there were many honest people left, it has made my day!

So let me just get this straight, some stranger in London is in possession of your phone, you aren't going to get your sim card switched off and you've now given them your address?

what would you have done then?
I wouldn't have lost it, but then again I'm not a million miles short of perfect.

I suspect most sensible people would have blocked it, reported it to the phone company and got a new one sent out.

Of all the people I know, you are the closest in terms to me with your patience and acceptance of stupid people.
IMO there are two categories of Stupid People:

1) Those who are so stupid, they are to be pitied

2) Those who think they're clever

I think we know which category the not-rights on here fall into, and it's not all the same one :icon_wink

I wouldn't have lost it, but then again I'm not a million miles short of perfect.

I suspect most sensible people would have blocked it, reported it to the phone company and got a new one sent out.
well having never lost one before I didnt know what to do. and no we cant all be like you MR PERFECT

IMO there are two categories of Stupid People:

1) Those who are so stupid, they are to be pitied

2) Those who think they're clever

I think we know which category the not-rights on here fall into, and it's not all the same one :icon_wink
3) Those who are so stupid they should be ridiculed and set upon at every opportunity

I lost my phone in London today, and lo and behold by the time I got home soneone had found it and rang my home number up. They are sending it back to me. I didnt think there were many honest people left, it has made my day!

he didnt have time to get it blocked?

well having never lost one before I didnt know what to do. and no we cant all be like you MR PERFECT
Acknowledgement of your inferiority always helps towards rebuilding your life :icon_wink

You could have started a new thread on here entitled "Mobile Phone - Lost" and hoped by some major miracle a genius would come along and tell you what course of action to take, just as some nugget heads do.

I feel the art of using your common sense is a dying one

Last edited:
Acknowledgement of your inferiority always helps towards rebuilding your life :icon_wink

You could have started a new thread on here entitled "Mobile Phone - Lost" and hoped by some major miracle a genius would come along and tell you what course of action to take, just as some nugget heads do.

I feel the art of using your common sense is a dying one
i have blocked the phone, probably too little too late but its not been used.. Im going now before I get shot!

I lost me phone on Monday night, had it clean pinched of me bar table by some thieving gypo. My fault for being drunk.

Phoned the network. I went in to the cop shop reported it stolen, got a crime number. Went to a reputable company, new phone and sim card All on the way to work.

Thieving gypo did me a favour as I have a better phone.

Reckon thats what you should be doing instead of playing the waiting game for a "do gooder stranger" to send it back. If the phone does turn up Merry Xmas!!

I lost me phone on Monday night, had it clean pinched of me bar table by some thieving gypo. My fault for being drunk.

Phoned the network. I went in to the cop shop reported it stolen, got a crime number. Went to a reputable company, new phone and sim card All on the way to work.

Thieving gypo did me a favour as I have a better phone.

Reckon thats what you should be doing instead of playing the waiting game for a "do gooder stranger" to send it back. If the phone does turn up Merry Xmas!!
cheers mate, dont know what happens as I was on contract, no insurance so I hope the phone does turn up, its blocked now anyways

i have blocked the phone, probably too little too late but its not been used.. Im going now before I get shot!
They'll be on the way up from London now in case you forgot to lock your house as well.

Failing that, they'll have contacts in Wigston that are on their way round as we speak.

If they are as honest as you think, they're after a reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669