How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relieved and excited, got a call from the QMC yesterday to confirm when I will be having the operation on my shoulder to pin / plate my collar bone. Relieved because it has taken since March this year to get the date and hopefully this will stop me breaking it, 6 times on the left one is a little OTT I think! :icon_bigg And excited because, well basically I like having operations, the thought of being cut open and the uncomfortable pain, strange but I like it. Plus I will get time off work! :038:

I've gone completly deaf in my right ear for no apparent reason.

Last edited:
Now, the nerves have kicked in. I think this feeling is for the better when the eventual verdict of six more weeks in cast or an operation is required has been given.

Well that was slightly odd. An appointment where the doctors (and 2 assistants) were completely non-committal. Just that the cast is off and they are sending me for a CT scan to see if the wrist is healing. Tbf, it does feel better (there's a recultance to do so much with it but not the very weak feeling I was expecting)...so I can only hope the CT is just confirmation and the 'six weeks' timeframe is to allow the knitting to continue.

Relieved and excited, got a call from the QMC yesterday to confirm when I will be having the operation on my shoulder to pin / plate my collar bone. Relieved because it has taken since March this year to get the date and hopefully this will stop me breaking it, 6 times on the left one is a little OTT I think! :icon_bigg And excited because, well basically I like having operations, the thought of being cut open and the uncomfortable pain, strange but I like it. Plus I will get time off work! :038:

You like the pain from being operated on?:icon_eek::icon_eek:
Strange man.

Erm... Nope, doesn't need editing.

Shut it you.:icon_roll

Well that was slightly odd. An appointment where the doctors (and 2 assistants) were completely non-committal. Just that the cast is off and they are sending me for a CT scan to see if the wrist is healing. Tbf, it does feel better (there's a recultance to do so much with it but not the very weak feeling I was expecting)...so I can only hope the CT is just confirmation and the 'six weeks' timeframe is to allow the knitting to continue.

I shouldn't start knitting again until it has properly healed.

No, I like the pain after being operated on :) I'm not going to turn down anesthetic, just the uncomfortableness afterward is quite enjoyable. :icon_bigg

What, after you come round from the anesthetic? Its horrible, you can barely move an hour and it made me throw up last time.

They did give me some morphine or summink before they knocked me out though which was cool.:033:

What, after you come round from the anesthetic? Its horrible, you can barely move an hour and it made me throw up last time.

They did give me some morphine or summink before they knocked me out though which was cool.:033:

What can I say, im weird! Altho I'm not entirely sure I'll be on a general or local? Lad I know just had his shoulder pinned and he was awake throughout the op and watched. However I may have to have bone taken from my hip to put in my shoulder, so I may well be put under :102:

Morphine is the Mutts Nuts tho, if it is on offer it will be taken. :038:

What can I say, im weird! Altho I'm not entirely sure I'll be on a general or local? Lad I know just had his shoulder pinned and he was awake throughout the op and watched. However I may have to have bone taken from my hip to put in my shoulder, so I may well be put under :102:

Morphine is the Mutts Nuts tho, if it is on offer it will be taken. :038:

Well I was knocked out twice for a re-broken arms (different occasions ;)), so I guess you'll get the general.

If not, plenty of drugs.

Having the day from hell, stressed up to the eyeballs and it doesn't help that I'm not sleeping :(

Well I was knocked out twice for a re-broken arms (different occasions ;)), so I guess you'll get the general.

If not, plenty of drugs.

Altho its not a re-break, the bones havnt dropped back into place so havnt fused back together, so really my bone is still broken. Its crazy, ive not been able to play football in case of an impact dislodging the bones, but have been able to weight train, however I cant sleep on my left side as it's uncomfortable, locks up and I have to crack it in the mornings to get it moving again :icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669