How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can be done, I work 8-1pm, so that's 5 hours, have to book a days holiday if I want that off, so basically that's giving them 3 hours. Plus we cant have a break that day. Normal days we only get 30mins break that has to be taken all at once, smokers arnt allowed 3 x 10 mins or whatever and no other breaks allowed at all. Which I'm sure isn't right when you are staring at a computer screen all day!

H & S guidance is short frequent breaks are better for screen users, but since it is guidance and not law I don't know if you could insist:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/faqs/vdubreaks.htm

I was reading up on that yesterday, seeing as I have been lumbered with H&S at work now :icon_roll

I used to do this at our place, kicked it into touch when i realised the responsibility for little extra remuneration. If you've been trained and accepted the responsibility you carry the can Cate ultimately. Read the small print and be careful what you sign.
Don't mean to worry you like.:icon_bigg

I used to do this at our place, kicked it into touch when i realised the responsibility for little extra remuneration. If you've been trained and accepted the responsibility you carry the can Cate ultimately. Read the small print and be careful what you sign.
Don't mean to worry you like.:icon_bigg

No training, no extra pay. I therefore will not sign anything! :icon_bigg

Serious lack of mOtivation this evening, got no end to do for three craft fairs friday and satdee and today I'm just too damn lazy to do owt... doesnt help that Skittle feels the need to kip on my lap ALL afternoon and I don't have the heart to move her, it's not often she is a fusspot.

No training, no extra pay. I therefore will not sign anything! :icon_bigg

Im my experience its very rare any responsibilty would lie with the h&s rep. If anything they are at the back of the blame queue. It is the director who ultimately carries the can but in the main it is departmental heads who would take the blame. H&S are only their for guidance if not they are doing it wrong.

Last edited:
Im my experience its very rare any responsibilty would lie with the h&s rep. If anything they are at the back of the blame queue. It is the director who ultimately carries the can but in the main it is departmental heads who would take the blame. H&S are only their for guidance if not they are doing wrong.

Good stuff! Thanks for that

Tired and pissed off!

Been in and out of the QMC since Wednesday, not had a lot of sleep or eaten much due to worry, firstly about my Girlfriend and also my friends 6mth old daughter being rushed into Intensive care yesterday. Has not been a good weekend.

And to top it off, I'm flying to Germany today with work, really not in the mood for that :icon_sad:

The train I got off yesterday was a virgin one, they all seem to have names.

I don't know who names them though- worryingly, this one was called the Virgin invader... :S

Very unwell. This morning my body ached so much when I just touched it with my finger it was agony. My head my chest arms and legs. It was a good hour before i realised I had broke my finger.

Last edited:
Very unwell. This morning my body ached so much when I just touched it with my finger it was agony. My head my chest arms and legs. It was a good hour before i realised I had broke my finger.

Sounds like a truncated version of the famous redhead joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to tomorrow being my last day at work this week (and hoping it goes tits up in my absence) :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48