How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feck me i thought our place was bad. If any of my lads told me their mrs as in hospital and needed the time i would have sorted something out like you say you are not much to them. Bastards.

Feck me i thought our place was bad. If any of my lads told me their mrs as in hospital and needed the time i would have sorted something out like you say you are not much to them. Bastards.

Our place is as bad but like you say a decent boss will sort something out or just not disclose it.

Yeh well I don't expect much from them, any way of getting more out of you. Every other Friday I finish at 1, however if we book it off we have to book a whole days holiday, so basically we are giving them half a day for free. Wankers

Yeh well I don't expect much from them, any way of getting more out of you. Every other Friday I finish at 1, however if we book it off we have to book a whole days holiday, so basically we are giving them half a day for free. Wankers

and you tolerate that? Please tell me you just take the whole day off.

i'm fortunate, my manager just don't give a shit so long as the works done. The other managers in the department are right sticklers for the rules but he ignores them.

the only time ive had issue is with holiday at end of december which is year end so, i was sort of wishing rather than expecting the time off.

Last edited:
and you tolerate that? Please tell me you just take the whole day off.

What can be done, I work 8-1pm, so that's 5 hours, have to book a days holiday if I want that off, so basically that's giving them 3 hours. Plus we cant have a break that day. Normal days we only get 30mins break that has to be taken all at once, smokers arnt allowed 3 x 10 mins or whatever and no other breaks allowed at all. Which I'm sure isn't right when you are staring at a computer screen all day!

Normal days we only get 30mins break that has to be taken all at once, smokers arnt allowed 3 x 10 mins or whatever and no other breaks allowed at all. Which I'm sure isn't right when you are staring at a computer screen all day!

If your working day is at least 6 hours you are entitled to a 30 minute break for which you are not entitled to be paid. That should be taken away from your place of work. Your employer cannot require you to take it at the end of your shift. Any other breaks are at the discretion of your employer and may be unpaid.

What can be done, I work 8-1pm, so that's 5 hours, have to book a days holiday if I want that off, so basically that's giving them 3 hours. Plus we cant have a break that day. Normal days we only get 30mins break that has to be taken all at once, smokers arnt allowed 3 x 10 mins or whatever and no other breaks allowed at all. Which I'm sure isn't right when you are staring at a computer screen all day!

30 mins a day, to let an employee suck smoke down his throat? What do the non smokers get?

30 mins a day, to let an employee suck smoke down his throat? What do the non smokers get?

Im not suggesting they get extra time, I mean they are not allowed to split their 30min Lunch over 3 10min breaks or even 2 15min breaks. Maybe I am wrong, but surely it's not going to hurt anyone (apart from themselves obviously) if they do it that way?

Last edited:
Im not suggesting they get extra time, I mean they are not allowed to split their 30min Lunch over 3 10min breaks or even 2 15min breaks. Maybe I am wrong, but surely it's not going to hurt anyone (apart from themselves obviously) if they do it that way?

Same here for smoking. You can smoke in your half hour break but not on your tea break :102: Thats why i packed it in or i would have been sacked by now.

Which is fair enough, they smoke in the allocated breaks. Why should they be allowed to do it any other way? The smokers might then want to take their 30 mins at 6 x 5 mins, the whole place would be in chaos.

Very pleased as I passed my final insurance exam to gain my Cert CII qualification.

Actually more pleased about the tidy little bonus that will be in my pay packet in time for christmas.

annoyed that somehow my old email address (that I hadnt deleted) spammed a few people - so if you've received an email (those of you that had the address) I apologise! Account now deleted.

An AOL account?

I received an email from my mate a few days ago from an e mail account the he had closed due to it being "hacked".

Not looking forward to going out for lunch with one of the most negative, miserable people I know....the worst part is that I havent seen her for around 8-9 months, so I have a good couple of hours of misery to endure :icon_sad:

Not looking forward to going out for lunch with one of the most negative, miserable people I know....the worst part is that I havent seen her for around 8-9 months, so I have a good couple of hours of misery to endure :icon_sad:
"Sorry, I can't come today. You're just an awful person to spend time with. I hope you understand."

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48