How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loyal to his work then :icon_conf
I'm of the belief that very few people actually owe their employers loyalty. When I was in Brisbane, I worked for a company who were paying for a guy to do nothing while he was in rehab for a heroin addiction*. That is an act that should earn loyalty. Giving someone a pittance in return for the majority of their waking week is not.

[*As it happens, when he returned he repaid them by getting high as a kite while he was supposed to be working, getting drunk and shagging a top salesman and subsequently scaring the shit out of him with generally weird/obsessive behaviour, and verbally abusing several customers.]

I'm of the belief that very few people actually owe their employers loyalty. When I was in Brisbane, I worked for a company who were paying for a guy to do nothing while he was in rehab for a heroin addiction*. That is an act that should earn loyalty. Giving someone a pittance in return for the majority of their waking week is not.

[*As it happens, when he returned he repaid them by getting high as a kite while he was supposed to be working, getting drunk and shagging a top salesman and subsequently scaring the shit out of him with generally weird/obsessive behaviour, and verbally abusing several customers.]

You're probably right, he just pisses me off the arrogant little shite :icon_lol:

Have an interview in two and a half hours - so my stomach is fluttering.

I think I'm more nervous about my car making it there and back again than I am about the gig itself.

Have an interview in two and a half hours - so my stomach is fluttering.

I think I'm more nervous about my car making it there and back again than I am about the gig itself.

Good luck, although I'm sure you don't need it. Turning up in your motorcycle gear not an option? :icon_bigg

Good luck, although I'm sure you don't need it. Turning up in your motorcycle gear not an option? :icon_bigg

Thinking about it tbh. Still need to fit a fan belt and sort the heater matrix so I reckon I'll strike the car off as a bad job, it's simply not getting done in the next hour or so.

Reckon I'll sort myself a breakfast instead. Nomnomnom.

no...but I discovered today he left without working his notice. Loyal to his work then :icon_conf

My contract has a 6 month notice period, if I resign there is no way I'm working that (however if they want to get rid of me I'll be taking the cash :icon_wink)

Thinking about it tbh. Still need to fit a fan belt and sort the heater matrix so I reckon I'll strike the car off as a bad job, it's simply not getting done in the next hour or so.

Reckon I'll sort myself a breakfast instead. Nomnomnom.

Good call, breakfast will settle those butterflies.

By rights I should be at work until January 3rd - but I argued that seeing as it was effectively constructive dismissal they could either let me have gardening leave or face an embarrassing and costly court case.

Hey presto, gardening leave.

Shame I hate gardening.

Relieved. Mrs SJN had her regular scan yesterday ... came back all clear, that's a whole year in remission. :026::026:

(The blood clot on her lungs mind you, is a whole different ball game but they're not worried about it so we're not going to either).

Relieved. Mrs SJN had her regular scan yesterday ... came back all clear, that's a whole year in remission. :026::026:

(The blood clot on her lungs mind you, is a whole different ball game but they're not worried about it so we're not going to either).

happy days son!:038:

:038::038:

Well done to Mrs SJN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58