How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mightily pissed off. for some reason ive been taxed 40% of my bonus?? i dont earn anywhere near enough to warrant that. how longs that going to take to get back? tosspots
Providing your code number is correct, the tax that has been stopped is correct. However, as it is a one-of addition to your pay it should adjust out next month. That's the way PAYE works, I'm afraid. As I say, it all depends on whether your code number is correct. If you quoted the exact figures ( which for obvious reasons you won't do! ) I could tell you if the figures are right, wrong or indifferent. The people you need to speak to are your payroll department.

Providing your code number is correct, the tax that has been stopped is correct. However, as it is a one-of addition to your pay it should adjust out next month. That's the way PAYE works, I'm afraid. As I say, it all depends on whether your code number is correct. If you quoted the exact figures ( which for obvious reasons you won't do! ) I could tell you if the figures are right, wrong or indifferent. The people you need to speak to are your payroll department.

I know its fairly simple just a ballache that the numpties got it wrong. although the student loan element is right but extortianate this month:icon_roll

I know its fairly simple just a ballache that the numpties got it wrong. although the student loan element is right but extortianate this month:icon_roll
Ah, student loan repayments, that really hits when you income goes up, even if it's a one-off. Ah well, at least you are helping reduce the budget deficit, look at it that way.:icon_wink

Last edited:
Crap.

Third day of toothache and by far the worst pain. Ringing the dentist tomorrow but due to stuff, I probably can't get there till Tuesday afternoon.

If it continues at the current rate of progress, I am pulling it out myself.

If it continues at the current rate of progress, I am pulling it out myself.

Cool. Can you post a link to the video when you do it :icon_bigg

(Joking aside, I really feel for you. Toothache is no fun at all.)

:icon_cry: My sister's dog has kidney failure and is likely to be put to sleep this week.

:icon_sad::056:

This happened to Ben's parents dog, worst of all we were looking after her whilst they were on a holiday and although she had been given about 4 months by the vet, that week she just went downhill fast, because of the kidney failure, she couldn't wee and according to the vet, this meant the build up of toxins in her blood stream meant her nervous system was breaking down rapidly. In the end on the day before they were due to fly home(this was a satdee and Ben was out working all day) she starting fitting.

It was awful, and I never want to see that again. I'll never forget the look in her eyes as she stared at me after the fits stopped each time, it was like she was asking me to help them stop and I couldn't do a damn thing.
Felt like hours before Ben finally got home, his aunt arrived about the same time and we took the dog to the PDSA where she was put to sleep almost straight away.
It was the most upsetting thing I've had to go through and it makes me dread the day when I might well have to see my cats be put down.

I really feel for your sister and her family.

Last edited:

This happened to Ben's parents dog, worst of all we were looking after her whilst they were on a holiday and although she had been given about 4 months by the vet, that week she just went downhill fast, because of the kidney failure, she couldn't wee and according to the vet, this meant the build up of toxins in her blood stream meant her nervous system was breaking down rapidly. In the end on the day before they were due to fly home(this was a satdee and Ben was out working all day) she starting fitting.

It was awful, and I never want to see that again. I'll never forget the look in her eyes as she stared at me after the fits stopped each time, it was like she was asking me to help them stop and I couldn't do a damn thing.
Felt like hours before Ben finally got home, his aunt arrived about the same time and we took the dog to the PDSA where she was put to sleep almost straight away.
It was the most upsetting thing I've had to go through and it makes me dread the day when I might well have to see my cats be put down.

I really feel for your sister and her family.

Just reading that has made me :icon_cry: I feel so sorry for my sister... I hope my kittehs dont have anything horrid to go through.

Ok let's not think about animals being put to sleep....it's Marley & Me all over again(and I am NOT watching that film ever again)

I am knackered, despite having 8 hours kip last night- which is probably why I feel out of sorts cos I normally only get 3/4 hours sleep.

Which means I won't go sleep til gone midnight, and then I'll be up just after 3am to make sure Alex gets away alright......

Last edited:
Ok let's not think about animals being put to sleep....it's Marley & Me all over again(and I am NOT watching that film ever again)

I am knackered, depsite having 8 hours kip last night- which is probably why I feel out of sorts cos I normally only get 3/4 hours sleep.

as soon as I heard that was how the film ended I wouldnt watch it. Far too painful :( I'm too sodding soft...

Have yourself a nice vodka or three.. that will help ;)

Last edited:

Yes, the most upsetting of experiences to go through - but the greatest service that you can give to a pet who has given you so much over the years.

as soon as I heard that was how the film ended I wouldnt watch it. Far too painful :( I'm too sodding soft...

Have yourself a nice vodka or three.. that will help ;)

mmmmm Vodka......really shouldnt as I've got orders to finish :icon_roll

Yes, the most upsetting of experiences to go through - but the greatest service that you can give to a pet who has given you so much over the years.

I agree, makes me laugh how you can put an animal out of it's suffering when it's clearly in such distress yet when a human ASKS for it it's illegal...
that is true, they give so much love and enjoyment.

I don't want my kittehs to die:icon_cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670