How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good good. I would rather my vote not being counted than be wasted voting for a twat politician, I'd rather not be associated with any of them.

I wasn't suggesting for one minute that you should be required to vote for a "twat politician". It is your disapproval that is uncounted.

So where do I vote for 'Non of the above'?

You must have missed my "maybe if...". If it's any consolation I am fully in sympathy with your feeling on the matter.

And Boc, please don't read my posts as being argumentative, I genuinely didn't know that a spoiled ballot counted as disapproval

I don't honestly think that it does - and I didn't think you were being argumentative either. There are many people who hold similar views to yours; there is little they can do to express there disapproval.

You must have missed my "maybe if...". If it's any consolation I am fully in sympathy with your feeling on the matter.

I am glad I'm not the only one, a chappy at work is Labour and he views it as a crime not to vote, he wont even acknowledge you if you say you aren't going to bother.

Yes I did miss this.....

Maybe if 'none of the above' was included as an option, politicians would start to understand what people really think of them and their antics.

And having now read it, I agree a 'none of the above' option should be included, however I'm not sure what difference it would make. At the end of the day, they get paid a decent amount, more than I will ever earn anyway, claim for as much as they want and if at the end they screw up their job, they don't get voted in next term. Why should they give a shit what people think? Its all about Money and Power.

I don't honestly think that it does - and I didn't think you were being argumentative either. There are many people who hold similar views to yours; there is little they can do to express there disapproval.

So I shall carry on not bothering then, if there is nothing I can do, why waste my time and energy?

I vote cos I was brought up to think if I didn't, I have no right to whinge and moan about ANYTHING those shifty twofaced lying gits say about running the country.
Still don't understand a whit of it though.
They contradict their own people on both sides of this anyhoo!

The other day a YES woman was on about how you vote with this order of preference malarky, and then she said if you wanted to just pick one like you did before then you can- which makes me think if you could carry on how you voted before, what's the bloody point in changing the voting system anyhoo?

I vote cos I was brought up to think if I didn't, I have no right to whinge and moan about ANYTHING those shifty twofaced lying gits say about running the country.
Still don't understand a whit of it though.
They contradict their own people on both sides of this anyhoo!

The other day a YES woman was on about how you vote with this order of preference malarky, and then she said if you wanted to just pick one like you did before then you can- which makes me think if you could carry on how you voted before, what's the bloody point in changing the voting system anyhoo?

But if you voted them in, then you can't moan either as its your fault :icon_wink

:018:

Zb9tJ.png

Why didnt they just ask the question "do you want beer or coffee"

Then when the beer voters got the nod then say to which pub?

Why didnt they just ask the question "do you want beer or coffee"

Then when the beer voters got the nod then say to which pub?

Because that would then represent a constituency with only two candidates.
The example given demonstrates how AV is inherently fairer where there are more than one candidate.

Enjoying the stirring that is going on at work and for once, it isnt me doing it :icon_bigg:038:

With my very limited knowledge of politics, that graphic is telling me that 4 of the parties offer exactly the same political things, just under different names. So why don't the 4 parties that all offer exactly the same thing, in this case beer, merge into one big party and hey presto, beer wins and the majority are happy? :)

Because that would then represent a constituency with only two candidates.
The example given demonstrates how AV is inherently fairer where there are more than one candidate.

so why don't they offer more coffee shops and the type of coffee. Me I would take Jamacian Blue Mountain over certain beers any day, but then again I would prefer a guiness over a Latte.

So why didn't they just ask the question " coffee, beer, milk shake or hot chocolate" then discuss where to get it from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69