How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to think I shouldn't have posted my FB status asking someone to explain the AV to a simple person......

I've had a West Brom fan, a QPR fan, A Blackburn fan, and two Leicester fans in heated discussion for 131 comments!

My head hurts.........and I'm still none the bloody w*s*r........

And no, that's not an invite for you lot to help me understnad- I don't. And never will when people on the same side of the vote are all saying different bloody things.

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH

I need to look at photos of Oakley now to calm me down so I can sleep and dream of doiing things to his lushness.......

Last edited:
It's simple BF, would you sooner have a system where you could look at Oakley's arse OR Mossa's.

OR would you prefer a system where you could look at Oakley, but, if he wasn't available could look at Mossa or if he wasn't available, look at someone elses.

Simples

Starting to think I shouldn't have posted my FB status asking someone to explain the AV to a simple person......

I've had a West Brom fan, a QPR fan, A Blackburn fan, and two Leicester fans in heated discussion for 131 comments!

My head hurts.........and I'm still none the bloody w*s*r........

And no, that's not an invite for you lot to help me understnad- I don't. And never will when people on the same side of the vote are all saying different bloody things.

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH

I need to look at photos of Oakley now to calm me down so I can sleep and dream of doiing things to his lushness.......

Just vote 'NO'. That's all you need to know:icon_wink

Just vote 'NO'. That's all you need to know:icon_wink

:018:

Zb9tJ.png

But there is more than one coffee shop people could visit. Why aren't they split like the pubs?
What the poster is trying to say is the Tories are the only ones serving coffee, whereas everyone else wants you pissed as a **** so you can't recognise what a bollocks up they're making.

I think.

Last edited:
FPTP gives you coffee when 70% of you would rather go down the pub

1. AV could mean that you would still get coffee.

2. AV could mean that you will finish up in the Red Lion, the Castle or the Queen's Head when 80% of you wanted to go elsewhere.

Why do the pro-AV lobby have to use deceitful arguments for a system that will benefit only themselves?

Last edited:
1. AV could mean that you would still get coffee.

2. AV could mean that you will finish up in the Red Lion, the Castle or the Queen's Head when 80% of you wanted to go elsewhere.

Why do the pro-AV lobby have to use deceitful arguments for a system that will benefit only themselves?

If they didn't then they wouldn't get any votes?

But most of those 80% would want to drink beer, so they'd rather go to any pub instead of the coffee shop.

I don't think there's anything deceitful about it.
I don't know if AV will benefit me, but I support it because it's better than the current system. The current system only makes sense if there are only two candidates. AV is slightly better.

In the past I've found myself voting for candidates I didn't really want to win, but because I thought they were the only one who could beat the one I liked even less. The AV system would mean people could vote for the candidate they want to win without having to vote tactically.

I don't think there's anything deceitful about it.

An argument which sets beer against coffee is a deceitful irrelevance.

In the final analysis the only person really qualified to be elected is the one who has the support of over 50% of the electorate; that can't happen when so many people choose to stay at home rather than registering their vote. It means that politics remains little more than a game, played mainly for the benefit of those who play it - and those who want to play the AV game no better than those who believe that proper nouns should be allowed in Scrabble.

An argument which sets beer against coffee is a deceitful irrelevance.

Obviously the beer coffee thing was done to use an example that didn't show any political bias. It could have said "candidates on the left" and "candidates on the right" instead, but if it had done that people would have complained about it.

In the final analysis the only person really qualified to be elected is the one who has the support of over 50% of the electorate; that can't happen when so many people choose to stay at home rather than registering their vote.

Maybe more people would vote if they thought their vote could make a difference.

Obviously the beer coffee thing was done to use an example that didn't show any political bias.

No. It was done to appeal to baser instincts, has nothing to do with the subject in hand and is deceitful.

Maybe more people would vote if they thought their vote could make a difference.

Maybe if 'none of the above' was included as an option, politicians would start to understand what people really think of them and their antics.

If what you are trying to suggest is that AV will result in more people voting, I think you are sadly mistaken.

Last edited:
No. It was done to appeal to people's baser instincts, has nothing to do with the subject in hand and is deceitful.

Do you really think the people who came up with that thought people would be influenced by showing beer as a yes vote? Anyone who is influenced that way is likely to be too pissed to put their x in the right box anyway!

If what you are trying to suggest is that AV will result in more people voting, I think you are sadly mistaken.

I am certain that it would make more people vote. There has been at least one occasion in the past when I didn't vote because it seemed pointless, but AV could have made a difference.

I don't really understand it all to be honest but then I'm a non voter so I really couldn't give a shit. I just cant see the point in getting worked up about which lying, cheating, thieving ****wit **** is in charge of ****ing up the country and screwing me over for the next however many years.

Do you really think the people who came up with that thought people would be influenced by showing beer as a yes vote?

Do you really think they didn't?

I am certain that it would make more people vote.

The proof of the pudding...

I don't really understand it all to be honest but then I'm a non voter so I really couldn't give a shit. I just cant see the point in getting worked up about which lying, cheating, thieving ****wit **** is in charge of ****ing up the country and screwing me over for the next however many years.

And your vote of disapproval will continue to go uncounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69