How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Racist is a word that needs to be used very sparingly.

As for sheepshagger there is something to be said for laughing at it. I seem to remember Cardiff fans singing "1-0" to the sheep shaggers. Tractor boys began as an insult to Ipswich fans.

"Whig" and "Tory" began as insults and were adopted with pride. In 1914 the Kaiser dismissed the British forces as "a contemptable little army." When I was a young man there were still people around who were proud of being "an old contemptiable" and right to be proud.

If you are offended by those who are bad mannered then you give them the reaction they want. Laughing is definitely not what they are hoping for..

There are a lot of posters on this forum whose views I look forward to reading and Rhydal is one of them.

To get my personal bias out of the way first. I voted against AV but would have voted for The Supplementary Vote (used for mayoral elections) which I believe is the most democratic.

That is the system used for mayoral elections in Mansfield. At Friday's count the 'Independent' mayor clearly lost the first vote. Second choices were distributed and he 'won' by 67 votes.

The 2nd time in 3 elections he won after losing the first round.

It doesn't taste like democracy I can tell you.

That is the system used for mayoral elections in Mansfield. At Friday's count the 'Independent' mayor clearly lost the first vote. Second choices were distributed and he 'won' by 67 votes.

The 2nd time in 3 elections he won after losing the first round.

It doesn't taste like democracy I can tell you.

Maybe the candidate that won the first vote is like marmite, 40% might have voted for him but 60% hate him. The peanut butter in second place was liked by more voters, so he gets to be mayor. Sounds fairer to me.

Maybe the candidate that won the first vote is like marmite, 40% might have voted for him but 60% hate him. The peanut butter in second place was liked by more voters, so he gets to be mayor. Sounds fairer to me.
Sounds like someone's hungry to me.

In 1914 the Kaiser dismissed the British forces as "a contemptable little army."

Aye - but he never were very good at spelling.

When I was a young man there were still people around who were proud of being "an old contemptiable" and right to be proud.

But... but... but... I've never heard of a Brit getting it wrong. Nor of them failing to capitalise the initial letters.

Brilliant... northern sales mong has handed his notice in :038:

One mong down, one to go :icon_bigg

do you know where he's going, already got a lot of northern sales mongs at my place

Yep, he's going to work for the ex-MD... who also keeps pestering me to go work for them too. Like I'd want to work with those idiots again... :icon_lol:

Cold - Southern hemisphere winter kicking in. Electrics buggered up in my "serviced" flat about 10 mins after management buggered off home. I can't even make meself a brew.

Computer battery almost flat. Shit happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00