Chelsea v Reading
Everton v Birmingham
Liverpool v West Ham
Villa v Fulham
Man City v Derby
Blackburn v Newcastle
Portsmouth v Sunderland
Middlesborough v Bolton

I had a go with the help of Excel's random function at generating the ties randomly, separating the top 5 as they are now (the mrs is out and I am clearly quite sad). The result was the above. Man U and Chelsea clearly benefit the most out of these fixtures.

Under the terms of the proposal cities bid to host 2 of the ten games not specific games so each city would get one of the top 5 fixtures and one other over the weekend.

Would be gutting if you were an Arsenal fan and Man U pipped you to the title by a point. On the other hand you could argue there are 38 other games in the season to decide it.

Edited to add current proposal is no top 5 protection so if it was completely random potentially you could get 2 of the top 4 playing each other.

all not very cracking ties which i suppose on reflection no neutral fans would be too bothered about missing :icon_lol:

let the far east be purely for making our shirts and footballs, not for hosting our football for ****s sake

It's a crap idea, football should always be about the fans, not about marketing to people thousands of miles away who have no connection with the club.
If people from other countries want to see English football they should come here, not expect it to go to them.

:038::038::038:

If football ever goes that way, I'm off.

I would want to get a ticket beforehand because i think the idea is to fill the stadium with football fans in the area where it's played. I dont know what the allocation would be for fans of the actual teams.

It may also affect the season ticket prices for the team playing at home.

Yes we have plenty of them "badger in mating season and all of that crap"

Milan is keeping him away on this subject though because he tends to make a fool of himself some times in front of the press, he is funny though!
It's a shame that it has come down to our Chairman having to vindicate what Hollobrian has been saying about why he left, I dont mind him going to a better job and a bigger club but to lie about it is not on.

Have a good game i will enjoy it!

It's a little bit retarded when you have to post twice because you can't work out how to either edit your post or post correctly in the first place.

i'll be the first to start chants for hollobrian on saturday, sounds like a right slag....either that or he is not actually real

"woooooo"

i'ld go to the Walkers, thats it, based on our current crappy from.

If we got into a play-off final (NOT this season, stupid!) I'd feel duty bound to get a ticket and see City at the new Wembley.

It's odd that if we somehow managed to get auto promotion in the next X years (maybe from League 1!) I wouldn't feel the need to fly half way round the world, but if we finished 3rd-6th and then won a couple of games I'd be straight on the phone ordering plane tickets...

As it stands now, the next time I see City "in the flesh", as it were, might not be until next season :icon_sad:

i'll be the first to start chants for hollobrian on saturday, sounds like a right slag....either that or he is not actually real

"woooooo"

I believe Hollowbrian has a very hollow life. He's certainly not the messiah.

You can talk to me, my fellow bumpkin.

I too come from a place famous for pasties, pies and farming and they can't get their heads around my superior intelligence either.

Also like you I haven't yet boarded the Holloway rollercoaster, but unlike you I am not anti Holloway. But I can respect and understand your reasons.

Anyway, I'm off to polish my 3 three point linkage system on the back of my Massey.

Don't ginsters get made at samworth's in melton?

"I stand corrected" said the man in the orthapeadic shoes
Don't be too quick to stand corrected, Samworth Brothers and Ginsters are all part of the same group, and Samworth Brothers, Melton does make products for Ginsters, albeit possibly not pasties.

Either way, we own the southern weirdos now, and we'll own the southern weirdos tomorrow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669