How far would you go to watch LCFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sandwiches are made in Melton, that I can confirm (95% anyway), and I also believe the Ginsters Melton Mowbray Pork Pies are made here.

What a fascinating discussion this is. :icon_wink

So it looks like we've established that their traditional pastry based products are made in Cornwall, and the more recent products - which probably go under their name to take advantage of the brand recognition, are made in Melton.

Good work people. Keep it up.

Anyone know where they make the breakfast bars. They seem to have a more Northern taste. A little bit Lancashire, possibly Morecambe?

What a fascinating discussion this is. :icon_wink
This site is not just about swapping and appreciating different opinions. It's also about education and information.

Talking Balls, an encyclopedia of football, life and service station snack opportunities.

From Sky...Redknapp talking sense, but Megson proving what a wanker he is:

Harry Redknapp has hit out at the Premier League's radical plan for an 'international round' of matches, but Gary Megson is backing the scheme.

The league stunned the football fraternity with their proposal to add an extra fixture for every club, with the matches due to be played in major cities in the Far East, USA or Australia.

Points gained will count towards the final league table, with the scheme due to begin in the 2010/11 season over one weekend in January.

The Premier League announced that all 20 clubs had given their unanimous agreement to further examine the proposal, as they look to expand their global reach and fan-base.

While club chairman may all be in favour of the scheme, not all managers seem as keen to add to an already congested fixture schedule.

Harlem Globetrotters

Portsmouth boss Redknapp said: "I don't know why the Premier League want to mess with things.

"This is not ideal, is it? And what happens if you are unlucky enough to get Manchester United or Arsenal - surely that's not fair. But it looks as though the plan is done and dusted.

"Frankly, I'd be very surprised if it stays at one game a season. Eventually you will see two, three or even more going abroad - and I don't like that."

He added on talksport: "In the end we'll be playing one in England and the rest will be around the world. It will be like Harlem Globetrotters.

"It's all about making money. Why else do these people buy football clubs? The owner used to be the local butcher, baker or candlestick maker.

"Now people are buying clubs and it's all about investment. Don't tell me that's not why all the Yanks are coming over. They want a return on their money."

Great

But Bolton manager Megson is fully behind the proposal and believers the doubters need to give the idea time.

He told The Sun: "I think it's great. If it was organised properly it would be taken to an area where there is maybe not a massive amount of football but the exposure is there in terms of TV. It's similar to the NFL playing a game in London.

"I don't think it will be a huge problem and the benefits will far out-weigh the cons.

"The exposure the Premier League gets from television is fantastic and the interest in places you wouldn't think there is interest is huge.

"In principal it's a good thing. There have been some things I thought at the time were duff ideas but turned out to be a benefit - things like banning keepers from picking up a back-pass."

From Sky...Redknapp talking sense, but Megson proving what a wanker he is:

Once this happens it will cease to have any even slightly tenuous connection with sport and will be purely about finance and entertainment.

Although how Megson could be associated with an 'entertainment' product is beyond my comprehension.

Megson's comment and his "we all know where I managed before, big deal" statement just about sum him up. A total misunderstanding of what football means to the supporters. I really hope that Bolton are relegated and we never hear from him ever again.

Week by week my interest in the Premier League reduces, the results of the top 4 are 95% predictable. Leicester City is now my main interest in football.

Yes we have plenty of them "badger in mating season and all of that crap"

Milan is keeping him away on this subject though because he tends to make a fool of himself some times in front of the press, he is funny though!
It's a shame that it has come down to our Chairman having to vindicate what Hollobrian has been saying about why he left, I dont mind him going to a better job and a bigger club but to lie about it is not on.

Have a good game i will enjoy it!

You don't know what 'vindicate' means do you?

What will happen if one or more of the games gets called off. Long way to go for a re-aranged fixture :icon_conf

What will happen if one or more of the games gets called off. Long way to go for a re-aranged fixture :icon_conf

I don't think the idea is that fans will actually travel to these games - they are being staged for the pleasure of the locals, and to satisfy the increasing greed of those involved in the game at that level.

Friendlies and smaller tournaments outside UK - fine. For me playing competitive Premier League games in other parts of the world is crossing the line.

Unless it's in Sweden of course...:035:

I don't think the idea is that fans will actually travel to these games - they are being staged for the pleasure of the locals, and to satisfy the increasing greed of those involved in the game at that level.

Even if the fans dont go,the players do, what will they do if the games rained off or something.Do they share the points, 1.5 each ? Not been thought through imo.

Play games abroad by all means, but no points awarded.

Even if the fans dont go,the players do, what will they do if the games rained off or something.Do they share the points, 1.5 each ?

Replay the game, same as always happens? :102:

...Not been thought through imo.

It didn't take me very long, but I'm gifted, or something

Imagine the uproar if a Ronaldo or Drogba got injured playing thousands of miles away papers would have a field day!

I can't imagine any particular uproar over that, unless they were injured during the journey to where ever they were playing.

What else would there be to complain about the fact that they got injured abroad?

"We demand that all players be in the UK if they're going to get injured!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670