How far would you go to watch LCFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine any particular uproar over that, unless they were injured during the journey to where ever they were playing.

What else would there be to complain about the fact that they got injured abroad?

"We demand that all players be in the UK if they're going to get injured!"

If it was the week before a title decider of champions league final there would be uproar!:icon_cool

If it was the week before a title decider of champions league final there would be uproar!:icon_cool

There'd be no more uproar than if the match had been played in the UK, what difference would it make?
The match would still have to be played.

There'd be no more uproar than if the match had been played in the UK, what difference would it make?
The match would still have to be played.

But not played on the other side of the world, I understand the demand however but a whole round of matches would be inpractical

But not played on the other side of the world, I understand the demand however but a whole round of matches would be inpractical

:102:

I'm not in favour of the idea, not in the slightest.

I'm just saying that it makes absolutely no difference where in the world a player might be geographically located if he gets injured, there would be no more, or less, 'uproar'.

:102:

I'm not in favour of the idea, not in the slightest.

I'm just saying that it makes absolutely no difference where in the world a player might be geographically located if he gets injured, there would be no more, or less, 'uproar'.

Say Liverpool were playing bolton a month before the 2010 world cup, in some far off place like singapore and gerrard comes on for the last 10 mins and gets injured, the tabloids will have stories like Rafa Why Did You Play Him? Etc Look what happened with Beckham and then Rooney

Say Liverpool were playing bolton a month before the 2010 world cup, in some far off place like singapore and gerrard comes on for the last 10 mins and gets injured, the tabloids will have stories like Rafa Why Did You Play Him? Etc Look what happened with Beckham and then Rooney

That won't happen because it won't have started by then, and the matches are due to be played in the middle of the season anyway.

But even if it did happen, how would that be any different to if the match was played at Anfield?
And why would Gerrard only be on the bench?

Well I disagree, I think the Premiership should merge with the World Cup, the Jules Rimet Premiership sounds good to me.

It's obviously gonna happen because that way all the English teams could fly all around the world, East Timor or Iran for example, and play a league match and while they're there they could play for England.

It's called progress, get over it, it just makes logical sense

Look what happened with Beckham and then Rooney

Yes and that happened at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge. Also in late March, early April. This game I understand from the proposal would be in the middle of the season and the weekend would have a week break either side of it.

Still bollocks though....I think the Football League should feck off and leave the Premier League be. In fact we could have our own version where it's 5 seaside holiday resorts. Imagine it - we would restore the pride back in our coastline and Billy Butlin would pay millions for it. Scunthorpe v Plymouth in Skeggy!

......and anyway, Gerrard, Beckham & Rooney don't even play for Singapore, r u fick or summink?

BOOO YAAH!!!111 SLAP DOWN!!!1

Yes but Jordan is American and it's his first game.
Can't wait to finally meet up with him after nattering to him on the OS for years!

But Biff has....no.....must resist.....will not give in......Biff is....no...not happening....la la-la la laaah.....I never said anything

It's already happened. Football already makes more from its TV deals than it has ever made through the gate. The game is no longer for the benefit of the people that go to the match.

This proposal is almost entirely for the benefit of the four big clubs. They have an international market and can capitalise on it.

People like Gold (Birmingham) and Megson are totally deluded - there would be no interest in their participation - only as foils to the big four like the Harlem Globe Trotters exhibition matches. The likes of Birmingham and Bolton will only benefit if they get lucky and draw a fixture with Man U etc.

I don't think it will happen mainly because national FAs will probably be able to block it - but it may provide the big four with an excuse to turn mardy and push on with a Euro league initiative.

well the big 4 fcuking off would be great for the league imo

This proposal is almost entirely for the benefit of the four big clubs. They have an international market and can capitalise on it.

People like Gold (Birmingham) and Megson are totally deluded - there would be no interest in their participation - only as foils to the big four like the Harlem Globe Trotters exhibition matches. The likes of Birmingham and Bolton will only benefit if they get lucky and draw a fixture with Man U etc.

I don't think it will happen mainly because national FAs will probably be able to block it - but it may provide the big four with an excuse to turn mardy and push on with a Euro league initiative.

Would that be such a bad thing?

I know everyone was horrified when it was first threatened, but the result of stopping it has been that the rest have been paying ever increasing amounts of danegeld. And the smaller / lower the club the more it has cost them.

Ok if they pushed off then the vast raft of international superstars would by and large be lost to the league, but how many people actually get to see them live anyway. Those who like that sort of thing would be able to get a regular diet of it on TV. The upside would be a more competitive league and cup competitions, more chances for home grown talent ( and more incentive to develop it) and a probably better distribution of cash, with more incentive to the lower divisions. Fans would probably relate to their clubs and the players a bit more like they used to.

At the moment I'm reluctant to trael 3 miles to the home matches so going abroad is the most stupid of ideas ever, fact!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669