How Much Longer?

How Much Longer Has Levein Got?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
drummindefender said:
how much longer should we stick with Levien? vote now gentlemen.

As long as we aren't in the relegation places end of next season, this is effectively his first season with a squad of his making.

I suppose its all about what your expectations are.Tomorrow night many will say 'We should beat them,they are only Brighton' but IMO the days of us expecting to win games have well since gone.We are now rated alongside The QPRs,Brightons,Crewes,Cardiffs.I watch quite a bit of Championship Football on SKy and believe me its all much of a muchness,very average sides who on their day can beat it each other.Watford may be doing Ok now but wait til Injuries and Suspensions start kicking in,weren't QPR going well early on last season? only to sink down as the season drew on.

i have to say i agree with you on that Lazzer.
at Wolves i had a lad behind me who was about 18/19. he spent the first 30 minutes slagging off MDV and Levein and the Club then buggered off til about 20 minutes into the second half where he carried on his slagging off, but this time adding stuff like 'we should be easily beating teams like Wolves' and going on about where we should be(the Prem)

tbh i didn't know he was about that age til it was time to leave,cos if i had turned round i would've said something that in hindsight might not have been wise! but as soon as i saw how young he was and from what he was saying i thought to meself...."another one who thinks we have some God-given right to be in the top-flight because of MON"

i'm as disappointed as the next person about how the season is going so far,but i never thought that it would all suddenly be hunky-dory once this season got underway(though i was hoping it would be a bit better than this!)

thats the frustrating thing HF you dont have to play that well to be up there as the standard is piss poor and we are below it :102:

beaumontfox said:
tbh i didn't know he was about that age til it was time to leave,cos if i had turned round i would've said something that in hindsight might not have been wise! but as soon as i saw how young he was and from what he was saying i thought to meself...."another one who thinks we have some God-given right to be in the top-flight because of MON"
When are people going to stop comparing the present to the past? If they aren't going to, why not compare it to 'The Pleat Years', and count your lucky stars?

highland fox said:
I suppose its all about what your expectations are.Tomorrow night many will say 'We should beat them,they are only Brighton' but IMO the days of us expecting to win games have well since gone.We are now rated alongside The QPRs,Brightons,Crewes,Cardiffs.I watch quite a bit of Championship Football on SKy and believe me its all much of a muchness,very average sides who on their day can beat it each other.Watford may be doing Ok now but wait til Injuries and Suspensions start kicking in,weren't QPR going well early on last season? only to sink down as the season drew on.

That's right because these days virtually all the quality players are at prem clubs - reflecting the huge difference in revenue/ wages between the prem and the fizzy league.

What has happened since our last relegation and what is different from our previous relegation is that we now have a lower league playing staff - sometimes posters talk up individual players but basically they are only here because no one in the prem wants them and, in some cases, couldn't cut it in the SPL. This is what Levein or any other manager has to contend with now.

DurhamFox said:
Have you been to any games recently?

Sorry for the delay in getting back Durham - I have been out working!

No I have not been to any games this season. I am making my judgement watching the Sheff U game on Sky, listening to some radio commentary and talking to my friends and family that still live locally and go to games. I only get down to see them between 2-4 times a season now.

If I take my family down it is £1k air fair, plus hire car, petrol, hotels (unless friends or family put us up), etc. If I drive down it costs £250 in petrol and probably means four days away (two travelling and two in Leics), so not cheap and very time consuming when I am trying to build a business up here.

I remember the dark days of Pleat and predicted we would have a difficult start. Who do you think we should get in that would do a better job?

I still think Levein will get it right if he is given the time.

i'm prepared to give him the rest of this season, and pre season. then if we're still at the standard we are at now then maybe it should be time for him to leave. BUT i don't think it'll come to that. most of the players he's brought in have done ok.

i feel we're a couple of decent signings away from being a much better team!

I can remember the crap we were being served up pre-Christmas last year by a certain MA. If you change managers without allowing him to develope his own team we will finish up playing the long ball crap and hoping for someone young enough to catch it. It might not be going as well as I had hoped but at least we are a better footballing side than under MA, so lets just persist for now and see if it improves. We certainly need to be stronger physically as well so that crap side like QPR don't out muscles us.

We're not a very good football team. That's it... Changing CL will make feck all difference...

Got to give the guy at least another 12 months. He is doing a good job at club level, ie. bringing down salaries, average player age etc.
He is even giving youth a chance at reserve level, he is seeing how the younger lads perform against some strong reserve teams, instead of just paying them a wage for 3 years whilst playing at junior levels and then finding they are not good enough when finally given their chance..Reeves, Stevenson et al.

Ask Coventry fans if it works changing your manager every 12-18 months.
They are still shite and near the bottom of the championship after how many management changes?

Granite Fox said:
Sorry for the delay in getting back Durham - I have been out working!

No I have not been to any games this season. I am making my judgement watching the Sheff U game on Sky, listening to some radio commentary and talking to my friends and family that still live locally and go to games. I only get down to see them between 2-4 times a season now.

If I take my family down it is £1k air fair, plus hire car, petrol, hotels (unless friends or family put us up), etc. If I drive down it costs £250 in petrol and probably means four days away (two travelling and two in Leics), so not cheap and very time consuming when I am trying to build a business up here.

I remember the dark days of Pleat and predicted we would have a difficult start. Who do you think we should get in that would do a better job?

I still think Levein will get it right if he is given the time.

Wasn't having a dig, it's obvious its tough to get to games from all the way up there. What I was poiting is that it's a common misconception that CL has turned us in to a passing side. He did for a while but we havbe long since reverted back to hoof ball.

So if you were going to change it, who would you bring in? The problem is that no one springs to mind and also given the dearth of talent nationally playing wise, bringing in a manager that has been successful in the "lower leagues" would not mean they could hack it anywhere else. What players would he attract? Would he be able to turn Joey and Tiatto (Adams Signings) from headless chickens into footballers, could he find a natural goal scorer (big mistake by the board selling Connelly)? Can he stop mindless players from seeing the red mist.

The other problem is Leicester supporters are moaning bastards. How much stick did Steve Guppy get under MON? Weren't we cosidered negative (The Grinders) under MON, Who wanted thim sacked after a few games? Who thought PT was a good appointment (till it went wrong).

Probably a point missed is that good old 'Arry Bassett is the man to blame for the current situation as he accepted relegation from the Prem after 10 games, despite inheriting the bulk of the sqad that had done so well under MON. By the way good old 'Arry Redknapp! did the same at Southampton, and look where they are now.

So, sack the manager, bring in someone new, who then says
" this is the hardest job I've ever faced in football, if we survive it will be a miracle". Relegation guaranteed!

By the way, I bet De Vries and Maybury wished they had stayed at Hearts now!

Spot on Purplehaze, we as fans must take a long hard look in the mirror, there has been a lot of criticism levelled at both the management and players as regards the performances and results, and whilst overall they have not been good enough, have we as fans made a positive or negative contribution to this seasons efforts.

IMO opinion, we are too negative, under Adams we complained of the hoofball style and a lack of younger players at the club, when CL came in it was a long term plan and we all seemed fairly positive with what he was trying to achieve, also in the summer people were fairly confident progress was being made. We started the season playing some excellent football, but this lead to us conceding a fair few goals and dropping points, cue the first murmurings of disatisafication, CL then tries to steady the ship by making us a little more robust but by sacrificing some of the open style we had adopted in the early games, cue more disatisfaction that we had now resorted back to the hoof.

Rival managers must now target stifling us at home knowing that after 15 minutes the crowd will become restless and start to become impaitent, this then transposes back to the players who then become scared of making mistakes, it is a vicious circle. Already players like Kisnorbo, who has only just returned after a lenghty lay off, McCarthy, who is now being questioned for being reckless - reminds me of a young Walsh, Gilbert, who already has been written off as a no hoper, are being identified as the next batch of scapegoats.

We must become the 12th man, get behind the team and start turning defeats into draws, and draws into victories, we can help by supporting and encouraging the team throughout the whole 90 minutes, this will lift the team and definately improve performance. Lets make the Walkers an intimidating place to come. Win, lose or draw, tonight lets get the spirit back into Leicester and lets get behind the team right the way through the rest of the season. Lets make all the other teams in this division be envious of our loyal support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669