How to bring stablility with players & manager leaving...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so I'm calling for the kids to be given a chance with a few old heads including a couple of new signings. Here's who I'd have for a league 1 campaign.

Goal/Defence
Henderson/Logan
J Chambers
Worley
new signing
new signing

Gradel
Weso
King
new signing, but possibly Hayes or Porter

Hume
Ashley Chambers/Odiahambo/Sappleton

(I'm assuming another club will snap up Bell, whilst Stearman, Mattock, McCauley & Kinsboro' will all leave - the latter after recovering from injury.)

Last edited:
Need an old head or two in the middle of the park IMO

Last edited:
IMO they need a couple of players who are no nonsense & never give up as opposed to being technically sound. Getting a CB and a DM with a never say die attitude can galvanise a team who at the moment are like a rudderless ship. We have the players to go straight back up, we just need some grit and determination added.

We also need a manager who will not accept anything less than 100% commitment and will not hide behind excuses and humour. Stability can only be good if we start winning football matches.

I don't think there is room for both Oakley & Clemence. They are too similar. They & other senior players should have been the ones to inspire last season but instead the went hiding which is not good enough.

I don't think there is room for both Oakley & Clemence. They are too similar. They & other senior players should have been the ones to inspire last season but instead the went hiding which is not good enough.

I agree, that's why they are not on my list a couple of posts above to be retained - I prefer Weslowski to both of them (who is a similar defensive midfielder). Besides which I think they'll probably want to go, though their wages may be a deterrent to another club. They hardly looked like they were worth it did they to any scouts or other managers? Oakely is the better of the two, which isn't saying much. So it's Clemence I'd prefer to see leave of the two if one had to stay, but I wouldn't mind at all if they both left.

Last edited:
I have been thinking about this and, whilst I would like this to be the time that our young players come to the fore, I don't think that it will be. The reason is that Milan is in a rush. If you play young players, you have to expect mistakes; points are going to be dropped. I suspect that Milan will want an experienced team. I hope that I am wrong, but....

I make you right Diken, but perhaps one could take a leaf out of Warnock's book at what he's achieved by playing the kids at Palace..

i hear Andy Cole is available......... or is that just a wank move? (havent see him play for a while).

jock wallace went down the play the kids route,did not do us any harm.

players like wesolowski and stearman are 2 players we must try to keep,as they get stuck in and have the potential to improve.

but it really depends on the manager as holloway like mickey adams prefers 'experience'

Oakely is the better of the two, which isn't saying much. So it's Clemence I'd prefer to see leave of the two if one had to stay, but I wouldn't mind at all if they both left.

have to disagree, although clemence was poor at times he was never fully fit imo, and oakley was dyer, he put in 20 odd heartless 'performances' which, for me, apitamised aseason in which with the exeption of afew, nobody played for the fans, club or the badge. atleast clems had the stones to commit himself to us next year.

as for oakley, he can **** off to a cushy, overpaid job at a promotion chasing championship club

Last edited:
have to disagree, although clemence was poor at times he was never fully fit imo, and oakley was dyer, he put in 20 odd heartless 'performances' which, for me, apitamised aseason in which with the exeption of afew, nobody played for the fans, club or the badge. atleast clems had the stones to commit himself to us next year.

as for oakley, he can **** off to a cushy, overpaid job at a promotion chasing championship club

Totally agree...

but whos gonna buy him? his wages alone would put a lot of clubs off

but whos gonna buy him? his wages alone would put a lot of clubs off

maybe a club with a feckless manager and money that they dont know how to spend probably

IMO its who will play better alongside Weso, its Clem for me although a distinc lack of creativity but that could come from wide positions(Bell+ an other)

IMO its who will play better alongside Weso, its Clem for me although a distinc lack of creativity but that could come from wide positions(Bell+ an other)

i do like bell, but i wouldnt mind seeing some raw pace on the wings, i have been going to city regularly for about 7 years or something, and i havent seen one exciting winger that goes past people, time has been wasted trying to recreate steve guppy, lets just stick some scrawny little ****er that skins people for fun on the wing!

Long title I know!

Whilst stability is something to aspire for at some point, there are a couple of facts of life that will happen in the short term that will produce turbulance rather than stability in the immediate future. After this turbulance & it's attendant changes are over with, this is when we can hope to see some stability. The short term changes that can and will happen are:
1) departure of Ian Holloway (of which I approve)

Leicester City will sack Ian Holloway, this was decided long ago but Milan has decided to wait until June, as any earlier sacking would lead to higher severance payment due to terms of the contract.
The man to replace him is. Mike Newell

Last edited by a moderator:
Long title I know!

Whilst stability is something to aspire for at some point, there are a couple of facts of life that will happen in the short term that will produce turbulance rather than stability in the immediate future. After this turbulance & it's attendant changes are over with, this is when we can hope to see some stability. The short term changes that can and will happen are:
1) departure of Ian Holloway (of which I approve)

Leicester City will sack Ian Holloway, this was decided long ago but Milan has decided to wait until June, as any earlier sacking would lead to higher severance payment due to terms of the contract.
The man to replace him is. Mike Newell

How do you know?

Last edited by a moderator:
i just do, but i am not prepared to say anymore than that>

Holloway said it all "culture of defeat" and "no leadership". These issues need to be addressed just as much as the building the team . No good bringing on or in new players if the culture is that of defeat and/or we have nobody capable of leading the team from the front even when its really tough.

Changing attitude and culture is not done with a two week training course. This sort of change is a slow growing bloom and the seeds need sowing months in advance. You show its changing with your own behaviour and the role model you present. I don't think Holloway can do it.

One way of changing culture is to ship all out with that culture ie. the entire squad but mega expensive to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669