Howard signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still baffled we havent worked out that our problems lie with the lack of a creative player in central midfiled.

Still baffled we havent worked out that our problems lie with the lack of a creative player in central midfiled.

Hasn't Holloway said all along that we need someone to play alongside Clem?
It's only Jan 1st and we have signed two players but its not all going to happen overnight.

In the past IH has used two tacklers in midfield and left the creative stuff to wingers.

I think that is his plan.Kavanagh and Clemence in the middle and two attacking wingers.My guess is one of them might be the guy from Olympiakos who was here on trial

Last edited:
I think that is his plan.Kavanagh and Clemence in the middle and two attacking wingers

two old bastards who can't keep up with play and two wingers who are going to stand and do bugger all when we havn't got the ball. sounds like a disaster to me.

two old bastards who can't keep up with play and two wingers who are going to stand and do bugger all when we havn't got the ball. sounds like a disaster to me.

Have to wait and see:102:

clemence is not really an old b*stard who can't keep up with play.

Last edited:
clemence is not really an old b*stard who can't keep up with play.

i know! it's just that my glass is half full at the moment. i expected us to win today and feel let down!

Both Howard and hayles were a handful today and i think will be good signings. Howard won loads of knock ons and if someone had made the right runs off him loads more chances would have come.

The abscence of the midfield was a major problem again. Hoof ball all the way i'm afraid to say.

Both Howard and hayles were a handful today and i think will be good signings. Howard won loads of knock ons and if someone had made the right runs off him loads more chances would have come.
If Hayles was a handful today, shouldn't that be what he was doing?

Does it look like they'll play well together?

It's more annoying that the pair of them don't ask for the ball when a defender receives it, leaving the full-backs with little option but to launch it.

I am bringing a banner to the Derby game next year displaying 'It was an easy decision'.

Last edited:

It baffles me even more that the fans can see it (and that Cort was a waste of space) seemingly before the Management can. :icon_conf

It baffles me even more that the fans can see it (and that Cort was a waste of space) seemingly before the Management can. :icon_conf

I don't think that's true. More in that the player we need is a little harder to come-by than a big brutish centre forward!

If we got 2 quality wingers in (unlikely in our current predicament) then its not as necessary to get a creative midfielder in, as shown by a number of teams who play two defensively minded centre mids to allow their wingers to bomb on and not have to worry about losing the ball.

If one of those midfielders can make late runs into the box as well then thats an added bonus, but there is no point buying and playing Howard, unless we have some wingers who can get to the byline and cross the ball. Thats what Howard needs to score the 20+ goals he can do.

However, that argument is tempered by the fact that its unlikely we can find or attract two wingers of sufficient quality to provide Howard with the type of crosses he needs.

If possible I'd love us to go back to Derby and pick up Jones to play on the left but probably unlikely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670