Huddersfield Town 2-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought a snowball was man muck being thrown between two mouths. Never thought it was a proper drink

If you taste it you'll discover you weren't that far from the truth. So I'm told :icon_wink

:)What a great day out!:)

Me and my son were picked up from home by my mates from Leicester and the 4 of us then headed for the delights of just over the border in West Yorkshire using my mates new SatNav.

A few drinks in a great watering hole called the Gas Club:icon_cool packed to the rafters but they served the drinks real quick then a short walk to the ground and although the first half was very uninspiring as soon as Fryatt scored that first goal it was game on. At 2-0 we looked like we were coasting and then that deflected first goal for Huddersfield put them on the front foot and where was the marking was for the 2nd goal I don't know.

But this is the new Leicester City and we played on to win -which to give them credit so did Huddersfield - and Lloyd Lloyd Dyer was there again to get the winner which may have took a deflection:icon_bigg but what the heck.

Took ages to get out the car park and Huddersfield itself no thanks to the SatNav which told us to do a u turn TWICE:icon_eek: on the same road but when you win and you're top of the league it doesnt really matter:icon_lol:

Me and my son were picked up from home by my mates from Leicester and the 4 of us then headed for the delights of just over the border in West Yorkshire using my mates new SatNav.

A few drinks in a great watering hole called the Gas Club:icon_cool packed to the rafters but they served the drinks real quick then a short walk to the ground and although the first half was very uninspiring as soon as Fryatt scored that first goal it was game on. At 2-0 we looked like we were coasting and then that deflected first goal for Huddersfield put them on the front foot and where was the marking was for the 2nd goal I don't know.

But this is the new Leicester City and we played on to win -which to give them credit so did Huddersfield - and Lloyd Lloyd Dyer was there again to get the winner which may have took a deflection:icon_bigg but what the heck.

Took ages to get out the car park and Huddersfield itself no thanks to the SatNav which told us to do a u turn TWICE:icon_eek: on the same road but when you win and you're top of the league it doesnt really matter:icon_lol:

Nice write-up Motown. Good times.

Sounds like a great day I missed out on. I got more enjoyment reading your post than listening to real commentary on RL which I switched off after 5 mins......:038::038::038:

I didn't hear the game as I now live down in London but there's just been a Huddersfield fan on with Stan Collymore on Talksport complaining that the referee was giving us the decisions and that when we had the penalty, the referee initially gave a corner but then pointed to the spot when our players complained. He said the officials did everything to help Leicester win. He also said Huddersfield were better than us.

I may be wrong but I'm sure Howard had another goal disallowed and we had an offside decision against us that wasn't offside? Sooooo biased!

I suppose it was ok them getting plenty of decision going their way then? Like Howard getting absolutely feck all from the ref despite being shoved off, having his shirt tugged, being held etc etc.
And several of the offside decisions were utter rubbish, even the local commentary on Howard's goal were a bit bemused that it was disallowed.

It hit the defenders arm and went behind. so as far as I'm concerned it was a penalty. The only thing that the ref gave us was not sending Howard off when it looked like he could've done.

Huddersfield were imo the best we've played in terms of trying to playing football, but they were also a very dirty team as well. Lots of niggly fouls which weren't given.

Huddersfield were imo the best we've played in terms of trying to playing football, but they were also a very dirty team as well. Lots of niggly fouls which weren't given.

Sounds like we've learned some lessons from the Millwall game then.

Maybe i'm getting carried away, but i'm beginning to think that the play-offs will be worst we do this season.
Lets face it, there is nothing to frighten us in this league:102:

Maybe i'm getting carried away, but i'm beginning to think that the play-offs will be worst we do this season.
Lets face it, there is nothing to frighten us in this league:102:

Such a thought is lurking in the back of my mind too, but I keep trying to repress it. I live in London so have only seem them 4 times so far (MK, Fulham, Leyton, Colchester) and my only real worry is what benefit Howard's inclusion gives us. His first touch stinks. He's been weak with his bonce. He's slow so can't run into space. If he's not the target man, then what is he there for? The only positives I can see are his occasional slotted passes for Dyer/Fryatt which have shown good awareness.

I know others think he does a great deal off the ball to pull defences around and create gaps, but all I see is him giving away free kicks all the time (whether they be harsh treatment or not).

Looked like he had a cracking shiner in the photos tho.

Where has Scarbs disappeared to just when we need his Pearson stats sig?

Hope I can help:

O'Neill P-223 W-85 D-68 L-70 Average points per game = 1.44
Adams P-111 W-41 D-32 L-38 Average points per game = 1.40
Levein P-72 W-20 D-26 L-20 Average points per game = 1.20
Ollie P-24 W-6 D-6 L-12 Average points per game = 1.00

Pearson P-13 W-9 D-2 L-2 F-23 A-8 Average points per game = 2.23 !!!!!

I'm not used to this good stuff. I keep thinking it will all go very very wrong.

I didn't hear the game as I now live down in London but there's just been a Huddersfield fan on with Stan Collymore on Talksport complaining that the referee was giving us the decisions and that when we had the penalty, the referee initially gave a corner but then pointed to the spot when our players complained. He said the officials did everything to help Leicester win. He also said Huddersfield were better than us.

I may be wrong but I'm sure Howard had another goal disallowed and we had an offside decision against us that wasn't offside? Sooooo biased!
We heard it, and we laughed and called the bloke some very naughty names, and asked if his spectacle prescription was up to date.

I saw the ref signal the penalty pretty quickly, he didn't look to signal a corner at all.

Someone, methinks, has been on the sour grapes after taking his bitter pill.

Illegal picture

You do realise that it's an offence to take pictures inside a football league ground?
Now that you've posted that image, talkingballs is complicit in your law breaking and the site is probably going to be shut down by the authorities.
I hope you're happy.

You do realise that it's an offence to take pictures inside a football league ground?
Now that you've posted that image, talkingballs is complicit in your law breaking and the site is probably going to be shut down by the authorities.
I hope you're happy.
And there's a f**king Ginge right in front of the camera FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669