Hull 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have a good solid powerful midfield in Abe, King and Wellens that can boss the park. And a good backup in Oakley. So midfield sorted.

We have two wingers in Gally and Dyer that are good technically but cannot complete a full shift at top speed.

We have one forward in Vassell who can take/create opportunities but also runs out of steam later on. We have another forward in Waghorn who runs around a lot but is not yet tuned in to where passes are coming from.

And we desperately need a powerful centre back to take charge and dominate our sometimes shaky defence when any combination of Davies/Vitor/Hobbs and Morrison are not on top of their game.

So as a minimum we need a Woodgate, Beckham and Heskey or their equivalents? And Shay Givens.

Last edited:
:icon_cry:

I know it's good to win etc but once they were down to 10 men why weren't we all over them more?

The possession stats on the BBC implied they were dominating and we were lucky.
No. Hull were awful and didn't deserve anything from the game. My mate said they were lucky they werent hammered.
Cunningham's got a broken tibia and will be out for at least 4 months according to Sven.
Was an awful moment. Poor kid. Hope he recovers asap.
Well deserved against a poor side. Should have been three or four. Gally and Dyer guilty of spurring great chances.

Hull is also the biggest dump in the country, full of fat, ugly and thick people the who don't mind displaying casual racism when they start losing.

Defence got their confidence back winning all the header. We worked for each other today. Abe and Wellens did a lot of graft. Vassell worked his socks off in giving Gerrard and Zayette a reet going over. Waghorn continued that too. Scratching my head at Gallagher's constant selection.

Not all of them are:p

I thought Morrison and Hobbs looked happy to be back together. Weale didnt have much to do. Hull played like weve been playing away this season.

Might watch the FL show inabit. Then might not!

No. Hull were awful and didn't deserve anything from the game. My mate said they were lucky they werent hammered.

Was an awful moment. Poor kid. Hope he recovers asap.

Not all of them are:p

I thought Morrison and Hobbs looked happy to be back together. Weale didnt have much to do. Hull played like weve been playing away this season.

Might watch the FL show inabit. Then might not!

have fun :icon_bigg

It is good to see Morrison back in the team and in a defence that kept a clean sheet. It is easy to forget that unlike Davies, Mee or Vitor hew is actually a Leicester player.

There is a tendency to forget that he has the ability to be a very good championship defender and IMO has the potential to play in the Prem.

Morrion's first two years away from non-league were an unqualified success. He did surprisingly well in his first season especially in the second half when we were without Tunch.
It was his second season in the Championship that was really impressive. It looked as if rightback would be a weakness but he ousted an experienced right back and turned it into a strength.

Things went wrong for him at the start of the season as they did for so many players under the baleful influence of Paulo Sousa. The difference was that the other players who did badly were usually more experienced. His error against Portsmouth was dreadful though IMO Vitor's error was worse.

Morrison is a young man who has made great progress. I would guess that this means he has the ability to listen which is so important for young men. He needs to be gently and calmly told how he can regain his form. He should not be sold to Sheffield Wednesday for a derisory sum.

I hope that in twenty years time I will be able to go to a match and see Alan Birchenall (still without a grey hair) introduce Hobbs and Morrison a centreback partnership from Leicester's Prem years as legendary as Sjoberg and Cross or Elliot and Taggart.

It is good to see Morrison back in the team and in a defence that kept a clean sheet. It is easy to forget that unlike Davies, Mee or Vitor hew is actually a Leicester player.

There is a tendency to forget that he has the ability to be a very good championship defender and IMO has the potential to play in the Prem.

Morrion's first two years away from non-league were an unqualified success. He did surprisingly well in his first season especially in the second half when we were without Tunch.
It was his second season in the Championship that was really impressive. It looked as if rightback would be a weakness but he ousted an experienced right back and turned it into a strength.

Things went wrong for him at the start of the season as they did for so many players under the baleful influence of Paulo Sousa. The difference was that the other players who did badly were usually more experienced. His error against Portsmouth was dreadful though IMO Vitor's error was worse.

Morrison is a young man who has made great progress. I would guess that this means he has the ability to listen which is so important for young men. He needs to be gently and calmly told how he can regain his form. He should not be sold to Sheffield Wednesday for a derisory sum.

I hope that in twenty years time I will be able to go to a match and see Alan Birchenall (still without a grey hair) introduce Hobbs and Morrison a centreback partnership from Leicester's Prem years as legendary as Sjoberg and Cross or Elliot and Taggart.

:038:

Hallelujah! Top post.

Not saying I don't think Morrison can be a good player. I'm saying I don't have a great deal of faith in a pairing with Hobbs.

It is worth noting that both players are right footed and both partnerships the wonderfully verbose David points out have a lefty in them. A left footed centre back provides balance. It's a damn shame Tunchev got injured. It's worth noting Mee is left footed.

all the best Greg looked pretty nasty, lets see what your dad has to say about it on the football league show tonight!

Leroy Rosenior is Greg Cunningham's dad?! He must be gutted that his son's leg was broken by his other son Liam... :icon_wink

Very happy with the result and our performance, we still should have hammered four of five past them though. Shame about Cunningham, looked like an awful challenge, hope he gets better. Hopefully 2011 will be a better year for us City.

Great support from the Blue Army all game long!

Last edited:
Very happy with the result and our performance, we still should have hammered four of five past them though. Shame about Cunningham, looked like an awful challenge, hope he gets better. Hopefully 2011 will be a better year for us City.

Great support from the Blue Army all game long!

I didn't think it looked a really bad challenge as in I don't believe he meant it. Both players went for a 50/50 ball. GC just got their slightly quicker.

I didn't think it looked a really bad challenge as in I don't believe he meant it. Both players went for a 50/50 ball. GC just got their slightly quicker.

It was a poor challenge but didn't appear to be malicious. The highlights on the FL Show showed their player being more concerned about what he saw as a harsh red rather than concern at having smashed some kid's leg. Hopefully that was just how it was edited.

As I missed the highlights(ahem) I don't know how much was shown of the aftermath, but it ended up with Morrison squaring up to one of their lot whilst the poor lad was being treated.
What also annoyed me was when the stretcher was taken to a Hull player who had feck all wrong with him first, when it was clear to everyone in the stadium that the serious injury was to Cunningham.

As I missed the highlights(ahem) I don't know how much was shown of the aftermath, but it ended up with Morrison squaring up to one of their lot whilst the poor lad was being treated.
What also annoyed me was when the stretcher was taken to a Hull player who had feck all wrong with him first, when it was clear to everyone in the stadium that the serious injury was to Cunningham.

Yes, Powell was having a 'reet go at the medics. Who was it down handbag Bullard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669