HUME Next to Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky Fox

And the Mercury understands that 27-year-old Canada international Hume is due to have a medical at Oakwell.

Barnsley manager Simon Davey is known to be a big favourite of Hume, as well as his sometime City strike partner Matty Fryatt.

A source close to the Championship club said: "Simon has made little secret of his admiration - he says Hume always plays well against him."

In fact, Hume scored the winner in the last meeting between the two clubs - City's 1-0 win in south Yorkshire back in April.

Hume, one of the most popular players at the Walkers Stadium, signed a three-year contract with City in June 2007 after finishing the 2006/07 campaign as the club's leading scorer with 14 league and cup goals.

Last season, he made 44 appearances, scoring 11 goals, but featured in an unfamiliar wide role under former manager Ian Holloway.

Hume joined City on transfer deadline day in August 2005 from Tranmere for £500,000.

Just heard this on radio leicester they say he is "close" to agreeing the move.

they can have fryatt for anoth 300k on top of the million if they want!

Last edited:
There is no way that Hume is 27 years old.

Never been his biggest fan, but I'd be disappointed to see him leave.

Especially to Barnsley FFS.

If rumours are right that will be about £4 million in fees coming in.

I'd be suprised i f pearson got more that 500 of that.

We will swap places with Bransley next season, then hume will regret his move, least he will finally get to play as a forward which he wants

OH FFS!!!! this next 2 week period will be very depressing :bang: Hume to Barsley, bunch of bollox:bang::bang::bang:

Who needs Hume when we've still got Hayles?

:icon_wink

I think we have to look at this properly. £1M for an average striker. I think it's superb business.

Whilst he did have a good work rate, thought he upset the balance of the team. (Not always his fault I know)

Shows how fecking good our payers really are if we are losing them to Wolves and Barnsley, not Villa and Fulham......

I personally think its a disaster and he's the one player i hoped wouldn't be sold

where has the £1M price tag come from? If true it's a good deal.

I'm not holding my breath for any quality replacements though...

This is the top half of the Mercury story that was missing from post 1 ...

Leicester City's Richard Stearman has today joined Wolves in four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

And striker Iain Hume is set to complete a £1million move to Barnsley.

Stearman's switch to the Championship club has been confirmed by City.

Chief executive Lee Hoos said: "Richard is an emerging talent who we were keen to hold on to. However, his representatives made it clear that they were not interested in discussing new terms due to our League One status, which is very frustrating to us."

The Market Harborough-born defender, who had a year remaining on his contract, has spent 10 years at City and was voted player of the year last season.

:038::038::038:

Last edited:
Yes Notts, £1m is a great bit of business - but who the feck are we going to be able to replace him with for £1m or less?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669