HUME Next to Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stearman - Championship
Hume - Championship
McCauley - Championship

Leicester - League One

As I said if they are shit, what does it make the players who aren't sold?

They won't be sold because nobody wants them..simple as.The likes of N'gotty,Hayles,Kishishev will still be here.

We've had a high turnover of players in previous seasons but the squad attitude seems to have remained because of a few hangovers imo, I couldn't care less if they all went now, it's all about who it is possible to recruit. Arguing aboout who should/could stay seems pointless as even Milan won't keep a player if the price seems right.

But our better players last season were the ones who have been here for a while. So surely it's the new players that were the problem, not the old ones.

If there is a common factor in the poor performances over the last few years, maybe it's not the players, but someone or something else causing it. I bet the tea lady has been spiking their drinks.

They won't be sold because nobody wants them..simple as.The likes of N'gotty,Hayles,Kishishev will still be here.

Are you arguing the same point as me? :102:

Or are you suggesting we are better off selling Stearman, Hume and McCauley and keeping N'Gotty, Hayles and Kishishev?

EDIT: Just read your post in the Clem thread and realise we are arguing the same point :icon_wink

Last edited:
Are you arguing the same point as me? :102:

Or are you suggesting we are better off selling Stearman, Hume and McCauley and keeping N'Gotty, Hayles and Kishishev?

I'm agreeing with you:icon_roll.I'm saying that any player we have who is half decent will be sold and we will be left with the ones who nobody wants and we can't even give away

But our better players last season were the ones who have been here for a while. So surely it's the new players that were the problem, not the old ones.

If there is a common factor in the poor performances over the last few years, maybe it's not the players, but someone or something else causing it. I bet the tea lady has been spiking their drinks.

Management was the main problem last year as we all know, if we had a decent manager we wouldn't be slating and losing all these players. The common factor is LCFC which has been sinking slowly for years, we're in the lifeboats now and have to hope the new captain has sighted a decent landfall. (or some other trite bollux)

Stearman - Championship
Hume - Championship
McCauley - Championship

Leicester - League One

Yes - it's as simple as that.

There is no way that we are going to bring in better players than the above three.

I accept that as inevitable but people are foolish if they think there is anything positive about it - unless they are the club's bankers.

Management was the main problem last year as we all know, if we had a decent manager we wouldn't be slating and losing all these players.

So why do you think we need a clearout of players then?

Have they been infected by the managers, so players who may have been OK have now got Allen-Megson-Holloway syndrome and will never be good again?

Have they been infected by the managers, so players who may have been OK have now got Allen-Megson-Holloway syndrome and will never be good again?

Because they don't want to be at the club and/or Milan doesn't want to pay them what they are contracted at!

Yes - it's as simple as that.

There is no way that we are going to bring in better players than the above three.

I accept that as inevitable but people are foolish if they think there is anything positive about it - unless they are the club's bankers.

But where did we get all of these players from? Hume, Fryatt and McAulay all came from Leagues One and Two and Stearman came through the ranks. Ok so we have the problem of now replacing them but, if some decent money is made available (and to be fair there are doubts on that), I do think that we can build a good team using a mix of our youth players and signing some players who will 'do the job'.

MM is now under the spotlight because the fans will want to see if he will put his money where his mouth is. He's promised us he has now found his man so let's see him give some proper backing. I want to see the next Matt Elliott playing for City not Fred Elliott.

But where did we get all of these players from? Hume, Fryatt and McAulay all came from Leagues One and Two and Stearman came through the ranks. Ok so we have the problem of now replacing them but, if some decent money is made available (and to be fair there are doubts on that), I do think that we can build a good team using a mix of our youth players and signing some players who will 'do the job'.

MM is now under the spotlight because the fans will want to see if he will put his money where his mouth is. He's promised us he has now found his man so let's see him give some proper backing. I want to see the next Matt Elliott playing for City not Fred Elliott.

Not sure its a case of MM putting his money where is mouth is but more getting the players to come here.He can bid 2 million for Jerome but Jerome sure as hell won't want to come here

Last edited:

I'd love to see Fred Elliott playing for city, it'd be a comedy classic imo.

Weird as it may sound Jeff, thats exactly what I think. The lack of success/stability at the club means that many of the players have a hard time performing in a city shirt.

Some will no doubt do well in new surroundings but from a City perspective they've shot it.

Doesn't say he's gone! Says Barnsley have had an offer accpeted, but Hume has to agree to their terms etc... however what it does say is that Hume has basically made it clear he wants to go..

So whether it's to Barnsley or Barcelona who ever is prepared to pay Milans asking price will get the green light to talk to him. One things for sure he's as good as gone.....somewhere!

Because they don't want to be at the club and/or Milan doesn't want to pay them what they are contracted at!

I'm sure a lot of our current players don't want to leave, and other clubs won't be able to pay them what they're on here.
So do you think we should have another round of contract pay-offs, for the likes of Kishishev, N'Gotty etc?

Not sure its a case of MM putting his money where is mouth is but more getting the players to come here.He can bid 2 million for Jerome but Jerome sure as hell won't want to come here

Yeah but that's MM making silly bids like that - a man proven to have less football knowledge than my Nan. Players like that our way out of our league, literally. There is no reason though why we can't raid teams from our league and league two for their best players. O'Neill made international players out of players playing at our level now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669