HUME Next to Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure a lot of our current players don't want to leave, and other clubs won't be able to pay them what they're on here.
So do you think we should have another round of contract pay-offs, for the likes of Kishishev, N'Gotty etc?

Really, I think most footballers don't give a stuff who they play for as long as they get paid. Players who are passed it and on too much money or have not proved themselves will be staying if they have contracts because no one will want them.

I really don't care about the squad at the mo, I'l lwait until the league starts to consider how things have gone in the closed season.

selling all are best players , not looking forward to next season at all. really worry about this club now

Selling all the crap that got us into the position we are in - now looking forward to next season - really pleased to see some action to stop the rot.

25 goals in the last two season, if that makes him shit then what does it make everyone else?

They're shit as well. We have had far too many players not playing to their potential. If they don't want to do it, they can go elsewhere with my best wishes - and we'll get somebody else in that does want to make the effort.

I'm pleased to see an attampt being made to get to the root of our problems.

So do you think we'll improve with our better players gone, and the possible of more MM style signings to replace them?

I certainly have no problem in seeing *any* of our players going, There's not one of them who has been worth what he has been paid over the past few years. My hope of course is that the signings that we do make do not follow the pattern of recent deals and that we will be able to see them clearly as NP signings.

I certainly have no problem in seeing *any* of our players going, There's not one of them who has been worth what he has been paid over the past few years. My hope of course is that the signings that we do make do not follow the pattern of recent deals and that we will be able to see them clearly as NP signings.

Remarkably optimistic - but unrealistic in my opinion.

There used to be a saying: "Buy Third Division players and you will finish up a Third Division side".

As I see it we have sold some of our few Second Division standard players and i don't believe Nigel Pearson, Mandaric or the Man in the Moon will sign better quality replacements.

I'm all for a good clear out, but that is not exactly the same as getting shut of the better players and being stuck with the absolute dross that no one will take.

Of course, we shall see who is right when the season starts and I hope you are proved right but I fear that I shall be right rather than you.

You will have noted that I wrote about my hope and not my expectation.

I prefer to deal in facts rather than hopes.

The facts are:

Mandaric was shipping losses before relegation and we are now adrift of any prospect of returning to the money fields of the Premiership

we've been relegated to a division which decent players don't & won't want to play in

the ST early bird tickets have been sold in numbers before the better playerss started to be sold off

this asset stripping , better players exodus coincides with the appointment of a new manager so it deflects some responsibility from Mandaric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669