HUME Next to Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
The loss of Hume & Stearman was predictable and probably inevitable.

These days relegated clubs usually sell off their best players and offset the financial implications of that relegation.

The net result is that we have lost two of our three or four decent players and closed the financial gap.

In my opinion we will have a middle of the road Third Division squad and i don't expect any immediate return to the Second Division.

People have generally underestimated the impact of relegation. Obviously, Milan didn't want to adversely affect ST sales by spelling out these implications. That's business; that's life.

Hume was nothing but a player that ran around and worked his socks off, he scored fukall and he was not consistant at all, and when he was, he was consistantly shit!

25 goals in the last two season, if that makes him shit then what does it make everyone else?

Hume was nothing but a player that ran around and worked his socks off, he scored fukall and he was not consistant at all, and when he was, he was consistantly shit!

Why is it everyone we are selling is suddenly shit.He scored a good few more than anybody else last season and if you think him leaving is a good thing then IMO you are off your Rocker but each to their own

This news should come as something of a relief to those with seats in Row Z, at least they can drink their Bovril in relative safety now.

selling all are best players , not looking forward to next season at all. really worry about this club now

Not much choice if they want to go, would you rather keep a bunch of unmotivated players and hope that they might perform better to get themselves in the shop window? We've dropped to a level lower than some of them are willing to be linked to.

A good clearout with the right new signings coming in is probably what we've needed since administration but we couldn't accept it at the time. We just have to hope that the right players are available and MM likes them!

This news should come as something of a relief to those with seats in Row Z, at least they can drink their Bovril in relative safety now.

Doubt there will be anyone sitting there by september

Why is it everyone we are selling is suddenly shit.He scored a good few more than anybody else last season and if you think him leaving is a good thing then IMO you are off your Rocker but each to their own

Fans trying to deny the obvious :icon_wink

Not much choice if they want to go, would you rather keep a bunch of unmotivated players and hope that they might perform better to get themselves in the shop window? We've dropped to a level lower than some of them are willing to be linked to.

A good clearout with the right new signings coming in is probably what we've needed since administration but we couldn't accept it at the time. We just have to hope that the right players are available and MM likes them!

You mean like last summer :102:

Oh no wait a minute we are in a lower league so the player we attract this summer wont be as good! :icon_eek:

Last edited:
I think Howard's wages were dropped by a certain percentage when we were relegated.

Not sure about that but it was reported they will be earning much lower bonuses in league 1 (however I can't believe they got many bonuses last year).

Last edited:
Not too sad to see the back of hume - always worked hard but has been played out of position this season.

We need to toughen up for league 1 - stears practically fell over in the wind and wouldn't have stood a chance! I'm looking forward to seeing who we can get in, who actually wants to stay and to seeing some of our so-called highly rated kids. We've had a few players on the verges for the last season or so, and they will now get their chance. Also think that Porter could do some real damage in league 1.

In addition, with circa £4m on the table from sales, and that amount possibly to rise, we should be able to spend if the kids don't work out. Also liking Pearson's contact - Newcastle and West Brom should be able to help out with a loan or two.

We've had a clearout and lots of new signings every summer since then, look where that's got us!

We've had a high turnover of players in previous seasons but the squad attitude seems to have remained because of a few hangovers imo, I couldn't care less if they all went now, it's all about who it is possible to recruit. Arguing aboout who should/could stay seems pointless as even Milan won't keep a player if the price seems right.

Well, as I said yesterday in another topic, I'm still convinced it would be virtually impossible to get most of the squad up and running while wearing a Leicester shirt given the recent unfortunate past.

If I worked for a company where I'd had 6 bosses in the last two years, each one of them promising me the world and then disappearing, I'd have a hard time getting excited about my job...and I'd probably try and find another one.

I think we are better off cashing in on these players and trying to rebuild the club with a winning attitude and hopefully a bit of stability.

I find it staggering..Stearman totally shit,Hume totally shit..McCauley totally shit:102:

Stearman - Championship
Hume - Championship
McCauley - Championship

Leicester - League One

As I said if they are shit, what does it make the players who aren't sold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669