Hume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I would be....to me his body language says he's frustated and increasingly becoming tired of our weaknesses. He obiviously feels he's doing a job.

I'd say he's more annoyed at being played out of position, or being told thats where his future lies as a winger.

When he was shoved up front a few weeks ago he looked much happier than for the previous 70mins.

and IMO is getting increasingly pissed off with the other players at the club.
He's been like that from day one!!! I picked up it very early. His shoulders drop when a pass doesn't come to him, he rolls his eyes when another player fcuks up and various other universal gestures representing "these are rubbish players, I wish they were as good as me"

He's been like that from day one!!! I picked up it very early. His shoulders drop when a pass doesn't come to him, he rolls his eyes when another player fcuks up and various other universal gestures representing "these are rubbish players, I wish they were as good as me"

I need your seat, or eyes.

Hume and Joey are one and the same. They huff and they puff and in the side that is mediocrity the fans lionise them. In truth neither of them are particularly good players, and yes Mr Hume I know you read these forums, I have seen you live. :icon_conf

IMO Ian Hume is a good player, he is idolised for appearing to actually give a feck about wearing the shirt.

IMO Ian Hume is a good player, he is idolised for appearing to actually give a feck about wearing the shirt.
I wouldn't say he is a "good" player because he isn't consistent enough.

But on his day, he can be a bloody excellent player.

Maybe it is the players around him like you say, who knows, I don't. But like Ian Holloway, Iain Hume is always offered every excuse possible.

I think both Ollie and Hume are deserving of a few more excuses than most, although for varying reasons.

I think both Ollie and Hume are deserving of a few more excuses than most, although for varying reasons.
Aye, I think Mark Bright would also agree!!

(not a dig at you alex, I know you are intelligent enough to have real reasons)

Hume and Joey are one and the same. They huff and they puff and in the side that is mediocrity the fans lionise them. In truth neither of them are particularly good players, and yes Mr Hume I know you read these forums, I have seen you live. :icon_conf

Whats that mean Stevo?

Whats that mean Stevo?

From what I remember, BF was talking to Hume at one of those end of season dos and he said he was aware of criticism but was not happy at those that criticise him having only listened to the radio or read about the match. :icon_wink

BF was talking to Hume at one of those end of season dos and he said he was aware of criticism but was not happy at those that criticise him having only listened to the radio or read about the match.

Ergo, he's happy to accept it from those who go. That's OK then.

Very funny Spion, although I am not an arse-licker, HF is, although not of the groveling kind...

Excuses:

Ollie - He has an excuse in that we need him and stability and that's it, another shake-up would be catastrophic. Also, he is bereft of a culpable squad following Mandy and Martin's summer madness.

Hume - A good player with no support, he shows effort and commitment and most players must hate playing against him. I believe he wants this club to succeed more than most within the squad and if he had a few players around him to share the responsibility of winning matches then he would be a cracking player.

Very funny Spion, although I am not an arse-licker, HF is, although not of the groveling kind...

Excuses:

Ollie - He has an excuse in that we need him and stability and that's it, another shake-up would be catastrophic. Also, he is bereft of a culpable squad following Mandy and Martin's summer madness.

Hume - A good player with no support, he shows effort and commitment and most players must hate playing against him. I believe he wants this club to succeed more than most within the squad and if he had a few players around him to share the responsibility of winning matches then he would be a cracking player.

Sums it up for me.

Where would you play him alex? Up front with one partner or in midfield?

If you play him up front he drops deep and leaves his partner very isolated. His contribution from deep is not good in terms of his pace, passing etc. Granted he can hit a nice shot now and again and makes a pest of himself when he's in the mood. He's not prolific enough in this league to score you any more than 15 goals max as a centre forward in the Championship (including pens). In the Prem, that probably equates to 6-8. Therefore, you need to have a goal machine, who can play on his own, alongside him to counter balance him.

In midfield, he cannot hold his position whether wide or central. He has poor passing skills, has no pace, his tackling is poor. He gets wound up when challenged by opponents far too easily. I just don't see the point?

I genuinely haven't got anything against Hume. I just don't see the point of him in a 4-4-2 system. IH isn't going to change that system for him so he's got to fit into it somewhere.

I would ideally play a 3-4-1-2 formation with Hume dropping behind the front two....at home anyways.

Where would you play him alex? Up front with one partner or in midfield?

If you play him up front he drops deep and leaves his partner very isolated. His contribution from deep is not good in terms of his pace, passing etc. Granted he can hit a nice shot now and again and makes a pest of himself when he's in the mood. He's not prolific enough in this league to score you any more than 15 goals max as a centre forward in the Championship (including pens). In the Prem, that probably equates to 6-8. Therefore, you need to have a goal machine, who can play on his own, alongside him to counter balance him.

In midfield, he cannot hold his position whether wide or central. He has poor passing skills, has no pace, his tackling is poor. He gets wound up when challenged by opponents far too easily. I just don't see the point?

I genuinely haven't got anything against Hume. I just don't see the point of him in a 4-4-2 system. IH isn't going to change that system for him so he's got to fit into it somewhere.

My thoughts exactly. I think he is a good player but he strays from his position to much. I certainly dont think the team should be built around him as a 3-4-1-2 system would suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00