Hume

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite agree with this view, which seems to represent the majority of our loyal fans opinion. Get rid ASAP. He's not good enough for Leicester. We should sign Rooney or Henry as a replacement.

INCREDIBLE!!!!! :tumbleweed:

Call me picky if you like but to be honest Henry is getting on a bit !

I quite agree with this view, which seems to represent the majority of our loyal fans opinion. Get rid ASAP. He's not good enough for Leicester. We should sign Rooney or Henry as a replacement.

INCREDIBLE!!!!! :tumbleweed:

Exactly, Hume is far and away our most useful attacker.

There is a touch of nastiness about how some people are deriding him in some of these posts. We have brought in DJ for a lot of money and he never plays; Cort was just an absurd mistake; Collins John has no interest whatsoever in playing for City so we are left with Fryatt and Hume. Both of these put in the effort yesterday and generally Hume gives of his best.

Its like his critics here are taking out their frustration on Hume because they resent the fact that he is relatively popular but isn't a top class striker - well he isn't but he's the best we've got and the crowd will always need some sort of 'hero' figure and Hume fits the bill currently because he at least tries and scores the odd goal.

I think he would make an acceptable sqaud player at a number of struggling prem clubs and that if he leaves we will be in more serious danger of relegation than ever.

No he isn't. Fryatt is

Difficult to compare them.

Fryatt has good awareness; usually a decent first touch - but unfortunately lacks the crucial pace to be a really good striker. I thought he had real potential once but I doubt if he will progress that much now.

My gut feeling is that if we had the players to be challenging for a play off place (next season or whenever) then Fryatt would be only a squad player.

Hume is a limited busy bee type player and as I implied above would not get a regular first team spot above our league.

On a test of transfer value; Fryatt would only command a decent fee if another manager still believed that he was buying potential and he would need to take a big chance on that; with Hume you could rely on his industry and a bit of adaptability. In our struggling position I think those attributes are the more important.

Hume is a strong headless chicken, fights for everything, unlike Kenton and Sheehan yesterday, and worthy of a place in our midfield. He is not a centre forward.

both of our first choice forwards are never going to tear up any trees in this division. difference is hume has picked goals from here and there in matches whereas fryatt just looks shite. if we spend the rest of the season with fryatt and ???? up front chances are we'll be just as shite as we are now, if not much worse

Hume is a strong headless chicken, fights for everything, unlike Kenton and Sheehan yesterday, and worthy of a place in our midfield. He is not a centre forward.

Except he never seems to have a clue about what any of his team-mates are doing - which doesn't help in a midfielder.

Yes - I have to say that i thought Sheehan was awful yesterday. Mattock is clearly not ready for a regular run at left back and despite his youth, I'm not sure that he ever will be. But Sheehan is just not up to the standard even for the dire standard of the fizzy league. I also think that playing Kenton in midfield just shows what a mess we are in - it's incredible how so many players were brought in during last summer for so little good effect.

Hume bashing is back in season then :icon_roll
Anybody with half a brain would know that "Hume bashing" is a new phenomemenon.

I have been criticising him for years and always been slammed and attacked because of it. Now he's being found out, people are seeing it and entitled to say so.

So, it's never been "in season" really, has it?

Anybody with half a brain would know that "Hume bashing" is a new phenomemenon.

I have been criticising him for years and always been slammed and attacked because of it. Now he's being found out, people are seeing it and entitled to say so.

So, it's never been "in season" really, has it?

My main gripe is his lack of control, if he could actually stop the ball in one go and pass it to someone else he'd be good for us. The number of times the balls hits his foot, bounces 3 ft forward and allows a player to make a tackle is ridiculous.

All I see is a player who gives 100% everytime he steps out for us who gets nothing from his teamates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00