Hypocrite Holloway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had not realised that Ian Holloway had taken the credit for signing Charlie Adam. When did he do that? It seems out of character ssince he has always given so much credit to the player.
Putting a silly price on Charlie Adam is simply a way of saying "hands off". The nightmare for Ian Holloway is that rich clubs cherry-pick his players and they go down.

I think Blackpool have been a breath of fresh air in the Premier League. No doubt there is more to this than Ian Holloway but having a chairman who gave him a pre-season will have played a part. Perhaps next season or the season after Blackpool will struggle through sheer economics. If so I hope that Blackpool fans remember Ian Holloway's achievements.

There are Leicester fans who rightly or wrongly put more of the blame for Leicester's relegation on Holloway than they do on Martin Allen, Gary Megson, Milan Mandaric or the players. Some of them - I hope none on this forum - let themselves down by unsavoury chants when he returned to the Walkers.

The real fact is that Holloway like others made errors of judgement when he was at Leicester City. For that reason some people at the time made sweeping judgements about his managerial ability.

We all make mistakes - I was one of those who early on had real doubts about O'Neills ability and who later welcomed the appolintment of Peter Taylor. The secret is to be willing to change your mind.

There was an old time football commentator called John Maynard Keynes who once remarked "When the facts change I change my opinions. What do you do?"

I'm lucky I got my chance to tell him to his face I thought he was doing a shit job....and that was before the Stoke game!

All he could say to me was things weren't going as planned... no shit Sherlock!

I hope IF he ever manages a team here again he gets very loudly BOOED.

Blackpool have been a breath of fresh air in the Premier League.

SkySports cliché #483,343.

There are Leicester fans who rightly or wrongly put more of the blame for Leicester's relegation on Holloway than they do on Martin Allen, Gary Megson

Martin Allen I can kind of understand there is a flimsy argument for (though I still think Holloway was far more responsible), but who the **** is arguing that Holloway was less responsible for relegation than Megson?!

Megson was a twat who walked out on us and played the most boring football I can ever remember as a Leicester fan, but he only had 7 league games for us and had no chance of singing/selling any players. I fail to see what he did really which added towards our relegation and I'm utterly bemused at how people can think he was more to blame for our relegation than Holloway.

Donald Duck, duck a l'orange, orange peel, John Peel, Collins John, John Collins, Joan Collins, Linda Evans, Roy Evans, Roy Walker, Des Walker, Des O'Connor, Gary O'Connor, Gary Glitter, Jonathan King, King Kong Bundy, Ted Bundy, Ted Rogers, Dusty Bin.

As usual I am in awe of Blue Maniac's erudition. I had to go to Wikipedia for Roy Walker and King Kong Bundy but even that proved fallible. The only Gary O'Connor it mentions is a Scottish footballer who seems too obscure for this list.
Who is or was Gary O'Connor?

As usual I am in awe of Blue Maniac's erudition. I had to go to Wikipedia for Roy Walker and King Kong Bundy but even that proved fallible. The only Gary O'Connor it mentions is a Scottish footballer who seems too obscure for this list.
Who is or was Gary O'Connor?
An obscure Scottish goalkeeper. But in this instance I spelled Garry wrongly.

SkySports cliché #483,343.

Martin Allen I can kind of understand there is a flimsy argument for (though I still think Holloway was far more responsible), but who the **** is arguing that Holloway was less responsible for relegation than Megson?!

Megson was a twat who walked out on us and played the most boring football I can ever remember as a Leicester fan, but he only had 7 league games for us and had no chance of singing/selling any players. I fail to see what he did really which added towards our relegation and I'm utterly bemused at how people can think he was more to blame for our relegation than Holloway.

Things usually become a cliche because they are true.

I do not think the Martin Allen argument is flimsy and for me he is the chief culprit although I also blame Holloway and Milan more than I blame Megson. When a team is relegated it is usually worth looking at the pre-season.

While not giving Megson as much blame as the others I do think his departure was significant. I remember being in Spain when the news broke - for me out of the blue as I had missed a couple of weeks in Leicester. I came out with a most un-David word. A friend asked what was the matter and my reply was "I think my football club is having a nervous breakdown." To this I got the appalling reply "Oh |I thought it was something important."

We desperately needed stability after the hyperactive Martin Allen. I thought then and I still think that Gary Megson going left us as a club in crisis. I certainly feel that Ian Holloway should have done a great deal better - the crisis in the club had not then been reflected in our league position.

It is nice of Beaumont to tell the story of how when she was rude to Ian Holloway he was polite back. I wonder what Martin Allen's reaction would have been. It is a particularly significant story because I know that otherw*s* she very critical of Holloway.

Beaumont's hoped that Ian Holloway would be booed when he came back. My reference was not to booing but to "unsavoury chants" . These were obscene and cowardly. They were cowardly because he could not respond in kind. It is pleasing that neither Profondo or Beaumont have defended these.

Things usually become a cliche because they are true.

I do not think the Martin Allen argument is flimsy and for me he is the chief culprit although I also blame Holloway and Milan more than I blame Megson. When a team is relegated it is usually worth looking at the pre-season.

While not giving Megson as much blame as the others I do think his departure was significant. I remember being in Spain when the news broke - for me out of the blue as I had missed a couple of weeks in Leicester. I came out with a most un-David word. A friend asked what was the matter and my reply was "I think my football club is having a nervous breakdown." To this I got the appalling reply "Oh |I thought it was something important."

We desperately needed stability after the hyperactive Martin Allen. I thought then and I still think that Gary Megson going left us as a club in crisis. I certainly feel that Ian Holloway should have done a great deal better - the crisis in the club had not then been reflected in our league position.

It is nice of Beaumont to tell the story of how when she was rude to Ian Holloway he was polite back. I wonder what Martin Allen's reaction would have been. It is a particularly significant story because I know that otherw*s* she very critical of Holloway.

Beaumont's hoped that Ian Holloway would be booed when he came back. My reference was not to booing but to "unsavoury chants" . These were obscene and cowardly. They were cowardly because he could not respond in kind. It is pleasing that neither Profondo or Beaumont have defended these.

He wasn't polite and I wasn't rude how I worded what I thought of his job performance. He said it as if it were funny which I thought was a bloody twattish attitude to have given that the people telling him their concerns cared about the future of the club and where it was going a lot more than he obviously did.

This was at the play of the year do the evening after the Sheff Weds game- he was playing the joker as usual saying everything would work out fine, nothing to worry about.

Plenty of folk that night pointed out a few things that were indeed enough to worry about and to be brutally honest- he didn't give a f*ck that we were worried sick about the Stoke game....

edit: You know the thing about that Stoke game that pissed me off more than anything(apart from getting relegated obviously!)

That when the final whistle went...that TWAT fecked off down the tunnel and left his players and coaching staff on that pitch to be surrounded by Stoke neanderthals.......please don't ever try and tell me he cared cos that more than anything showed me he gave precisely feck all consideration for the players, the club and us idiots who had gone the game.
The tosser should've cleared his desk the minute he got back to the WS.

Last edited:
Looks like Adam has put in a transfer request, good luck in getting the £46m Ian.

Blackpool have rejected his transfer request

How funny :icon_lol:

Holloway - "Adam can repalce the void left by Alonso"

Let him go for £5million you twerp.

:icon_lol: Oh dear, look at him feebly trying to put the price up.

I hope Adam refuses to play unless they play him so they have to accept the bid or something.

:icon_lol: Oh dear, look at him feebly trying to put the price up.

I hope Adam refuses to play unless they play him so they have to accept the bid or something.

Really? I thought you wouldn't want to go even further down the road of player power. He has a contract with Blackpool, he should honour it.

Really? I thought you wouldn't want to go even further down the road of player power. He has a contract with Blackpool, he should honour it.

Player power? It's general employee decency. In most jobs, if you had the offer of a better position on better pay, your current employees wouldn't/couldn't block you from taking it.

Regardless of any claims of "overpaid prima donnas" etc. etc. and any other criticisms footballers get, they are still just people who want to excel in their particular line of work and they should be allowed to move on to another more illustrious position with better pay if they want to. I would see nothing wrong with Adam forcing his employers to let him have a chance at a bigger club, especially given how short a footballer's career is and this could be the only chance he gets.

I have no idea what your line of work is, if any, but if you were offered a pay rise and a better position than your current job would you turn it down saying that you "work at this job and should honour your current contract"?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670