Hypocrite Holloway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Dennis w*s* was unpleasant. So rather than get tense by filling my head with images of him I prefer to fill it with thoughts of Leicester City victories, great architecture and Nigella Lawson.

Vile woman. Anything that resulted from Nigel's ballbag is instantly hateable

She likes footy ...

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifestyle/article-23698531-nigella-lawson-football-stirs-me.do

This phrase, in particular, caught my eye ...

it's amazing how many hours I can lie flat on my back

nigella-lawson-415x289.jpg

It is a farce, what is the limit on the number of changes a manager can make then? Why name a 25 man squad if you can't use it?

apparently clubs had the option to remove the 'play your stongest side rule' when the 25 man squad limits were agreed and they chose not to, which does seem strange.

Even if he did not get a Premiership job there are a lot of Championship clubs who would love to have a manager as good as Holloway. We are lucky we are one of the few clubs whose manager is even better.

There is a lot of hatred aimed toward Holloway. This is foolish since to hate something is to give it power over you.

If you cannot like Holloway the answer is to wish him luck and move on concentrating on those people you do like. I cannot like Neil Warnock so he does not bother me and I can concentrate on people like Harry Rednapp, Martin O'Neill and Ian Holloway who I do like - oh and of course Sven as well.

I think the real test of Holloway will be if and when he joins a 'big' club.

He's show with Plymouth and Blackpool he can thrive with an underdog but conspicuously failed at Leicester.

It may be this - and not his lack of a pre-season - which meant he failed.

(I say this as someone supportive of Holloway to the bitter end.)

apparently clubs had the option to remove the 'play your stongest side rule' when the 25 man squad limits were agreed and they chose not to, which does seem strange.

I Expect the smaller clubs wanted to make sure the big teams field the star players when they come to visit, to ensure maximum gates.

I think the real test of Holloway will be if and when he joins a 'big' club.

He's show with Plymouth and Blackpool he can thrive with an underdog but conspicuously failed at Leicester.

It may be this - and not his lack of a pre-season - which meant he failed.

(I say this as someone supportive of Holloway to the bitter end.)
I agree completely. The pre-season argument is drivel, always has been. Expectation is what caused him to crack. He was terrible precisely because he was required to be the opposite.

I agree completely. The pre-season argument is drivel, always has been. Expectation is what caused him to crack. He was terrible precisely because he was required to be the opposite.

It would be interesting to know why the pre-season argument is drivel.
I have always believed in the five Ps - "Proper preparation prevents poor performance" and therefore the pre-season has always seemed to me important to every season but particularly one in which there is a new manager. Holloway certainly thought so in a book written before he became manager.

This year a poor pre-season left us with a team that was uncompetitive and a number of new players who were not good enough. I believe and cannot prove that had it been Sven rather than Paulo in the pre-season we would be battling for automatic promotion.

All he had to do was win more game, even one more point was suffice in avoiding relegation. He could have done that and City fans would have gave him a chance (tbf, he did quite well off the relegation - the condemnation of him wasn't that loud).

They were plenty of occasions to achieve that but he failed to motivate the players and improve our goalscoring rate.

Failing to see off Cardiff, Charlton, Bristol City and Colchester at home really cost us. These were games we were completely in control of but couldn't find a goal.

There was so the rather tame 'fightbacks' against Watford away who had gone to ten men but ended 1-0 to them and the last two games of the season, Wednesday at home...what a chance and Stoke away where he left two attacking subs until the 88th minute!!

Them three games were substanial proof that he couldn't cope with pressure and I reckon he's going the same way at Blackpool as the sharks begin to circle.

I have always believed in the five Ps - "Proper preparation prevents poor performance" and therefore the pre-season has always seemed to me important to every season but particularly one in which there is a new manager. Holloway certainly thought so in a book written before he became manager.
The reasons I say it are thus: he had fit, although not very good, players at his disposal when he arrived. He had a full transfer window in which he replaced several poor players with some even worse ones. His team plainly did not want to play for him - the utterly spineless performances against Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Colchester, Plymouth and Watford showed that the players not only didn't know what Holloway wanted them to do, but a lot of them didn't care either. They didn't believe in him. Several simply didn't like him (if you ever get an opportunity to speak to Richard Stearman, ask him for his thoughts on Holloway's management style). He took on a job he could not do - pre season or no pre season - and it got the better of him.
This year a poor pre-season left us with a team that was uncompetitive and a number of new players who were not good enough. I believe and cannot prove that had it been Sven rather than Paulo in the pre-season we would be battling for automatic promotion.
I agree. But that would have meant a lot of the early part of the season, where a lot of the damage was done, wouldn't have happened.
All he had to do was win more game, even one more point was suffice in avoiding relegation.
It's worth remembering he wasn't brought in to avoid relegation. The drop wasn't even an issue when he was appointed. The fact is he made things worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669