Ian Dowie

Status
Not open for further replies.
What job would he do at Villa, exactly - they've already got O'Neill, Robertson and Walford

Selling programmes ?
Training the academy, just a thought :icon_wink

Rob Kelly got them playing like that, so why can't he carry on?
We demolished Barnsley in the last 20-25mins. They didn't have a clue what to do. If we can build the confidence of the back of these wins.

We need to take the game to Cardiff, they will be feeling how we were a couple of weeks ago.

Is that the same Rob Kelly who had them playing like they did against Sheffield Wednesday and Norwich?

RK has failed to get any sort of consistency out of the side, a run of good results seems inevitably to be followed by a run of poor results.

Is Dave Jones a bad manager then? Cardiff have dropped like a stone.

The Wednesday game was a tale of three excellent strikes. Ok it was Leveins favourite excuse but they were top drawer goals.

We have also had some injuries to key players, Williams is one of the first names on the sheet for me and we have missed a player like him to control the midfield.

Time will tell but i think its unfair to bomb RK out now. If he has proper backing from the board/MM rather than shopping at the bargain basement he might work wonders.

Admittedly RK had no money to spend inn the Summer but the Players he has brought in have been far from impressive,it didn't matter as much because they cost nothing or very little.However it hardly fills me with confidence that he will fare better when armed with some cash,if he is to stay on then I would prefer himjust to get a few in on loan and prove he has got an eye for a player

Admittedly RK had no money to spend inn the Summer but the Players he has brought in have been far from impressive,it didn't matter as much because they cost nothing or very little.However it hardly fills me with confidence that he will fare better when armed with some cash,if he is to stay on then I would prefer himjust to get a few in on loan and prove he has got an eye for a player

However, McAuley (based on his second half performance on saturday) could well be shaping up to be the best centre half we have seen at the club for some time

However, McAuley (based on his second half performance on saturday) could well be shaping up to be the best centre half we have seen at the club for some time

I could see his quality at teh Macclesfield game. I knew it would only be a matter of time before he broke into the team. To be fair he deserves to be in there more than PM.

Yeah McAuley granted but how about Johnson,Low,Welsh and Kenton

Nothing wrong with Kenton. Lots of people thought johnson was a good signing and could do a job.

McAuley and Low were risks as they were both from the same lower division. One worked and one didn't... Low was in the team of the year for that division so it was a calculated risk that unfortunately didn't work.

Welsh... well he will probably be gone at xmas.

Is Dave Jones a bad manager then? Cardiff have dropped like a stone.
The Wednesday game was a tale of three excellent strikes. Ok it was Leveins favourite excuse but they were top drawer goals.

We have also had some injuries to key players, Williams is one of the first names on the sheet for me and we have missed a player like him to control the midfield.

Time will tell but i think its unfair to bomb RK out now. If he has proper backing from the board/MM rather than shopping at the bargain basement he might work wonders.

No, Dave Jones does not become a bad manager when a team he has improved has a bad run. When, after almost a year, there is little if any noticeable improvement in a team then the manager's credentials have to be questioned.

Agree with you about Williams, needs some quality support in midfield though.

Sooner Kenton than Stearman right now, thanks

Johnson's shite but might be a useful back up on the bench. Can see why we went for him, but just didn't work out

Low is a complete wankpiece, and welsh is only a loanee and will be gone very soon methinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669