Ian Dowie

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcelonafox

Heard on BBC on saturday that Ian Dowie turned down the managers job at Hull as he is set to take over at the Walkers when MM takes control!

The MM deal will go through, hes a business man and will just be trying to get the best deal for himself. So by end Jan we will have both MM and ID

Because he is extremely over rated. Never rated him at all, he did however do well to get palace up.

Dont think he is the right man for the job, dont know who is, but theres no point apointing him just for the sake of getting rid of Kelly.

Because he is extremely over rated. Never rated him at all, he did however do well to get palace up.

Dont think he is the right man for the job, dont know who is, but theres no point apointing him just for the sake of getting rid of Kelly.

I would whole-heartedly agree with your last point, however Dowie strikes me as exactly the type of man to get this club up and running again. All about team spirit with him and determination.

As a certain Jon Barber once said- ''There is no vacancy''.

I would whole-heartedly agree with your last point, however Dowie strikes me as exactly the type of man to get this club up and running again. All about team spirit with him and determination.

Maybe i am just blinded by the fact he is incredibly ugly?

For some reason I dont like him, I just feel we need a charactor who will instill confidence and get the team playing football, which for 20mins on saturday we showed we can do.

Maybe i am just blinded by the fact he is incredibly ugly?

For some reason I dont like him, I just feel we need a charactor who will instill confidence and get the team playing football, which for 20mins on saturday we showed we can do.

Against a poor side however.......

Against a poor side however.......

Very true, but it proves the ability is there to be tapped into, and as has been said before we have struggled to against poorer sides, it just proves what confidence and hard work can do. With confidence Williams had prob the best game hes had in a City shirt, which in turn made Hughes step up his game. I think with the right man, that could be how we play most if not all weeks, I feel Dowie is not that man, just cant think of who it would be?

What are his options?

He won't go to he premier.

You can cancel out almost every club in the championship because they have either oppointed new managers or are happy with the sucess their manager has given them.

Bizarre to turn down a job when there are such few options....unless of course?

Rob Kelly got them playing like that, so why can't he carry on?

We demolished Barnsley in the last 20-25mins. They didn't have a clue what to do. If we can build the confidence of the back of these wins.

We need to take the game to Cardiff, they will be feeling how we were a couple of weeks ago.

Talksport announced on Saturday that ' Dowie had rejected the opportunity to manage Hull and was bound for Leicester'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669