Ian Dowie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this Davros Dowie thing might not be a bad idea you know... Stick the home dugout at the end we are defending at home, swapping round at half time and we would be guaranteed a clean sheet (In football terms of course) every home game. His hideous mug would be enough to put off even the hardiest of opposition strikers if he was patroling the technical areas behind the goal...

Sooner Kenton than Stearman right now, thanks

Johnson's shite but might be a useful back up on the bench. Can see why we went for him, but just didn't work out

Low is a complete wankpiece, and welsh is only a loanee and will be gone very soon methinks

Possiable his run in the team is simply to put him in the shop window. We need the money in Jan so I hope it is in a way.

Possiable his run in the team is simply to put him in the shop window. We need the money in Jan so I hope it is in a way.
I hope not, it's a shop window I'd certainly walk straight past

Hatchet job by the Sun on Dowie. If true he might make the situation worse. :icon_eek: :eek: :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_conf

Hatchet job by the Sun on Dowie. If true he might make the situation worse. :icon_eek: :eek: :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_conf

Its The Sun Steven....since when has the word the Truth and The Sun been linked

Wow, playing cricket in training. Real sackable offence.

Time for a new rumour... we are to merge with Leics CCC and play at Grace road. In all white (except on Sundays)

Time for a new rumour... we are to merge with Leics CCC and play at Grace road. In all white (except on Sundays)
The Leicestershire City Tigers.....

He was still contracted with Palace as a director of Football till October I think. I think if you get Dowie, his bro comes with him....

Not keen on that. :icon_sad:

Not keen on that. :icon_sad:

I remember him defo as a director of football, not sure on how long he stayed at Palace but he was there for a reasonable period after Dowie left.

The director of football is an invented job to get on the wage bill, I once watched F.Focus where they interviewed Bob Dowie, they say 'what do you do?' He replied with 'A bit of tactics, a bit of scouting'. Basically jobs people are already appointed to do.

Well, Dowie or not we definitely need some form of discipline with our side to get them to run, pass, shoot, and generally work hard. It is something that doesn't seem to be evident in the side at the moment. They need to be pulling in one direction (rather than the one where they take us down).

For a successful team, you need it to function as one, with others covering for team members when they make mistakes, whilst everyone working to the greatest of their ability should mean that the team becomes greater than the sum of its parts. A classic example of this is Bolton, and closer to home, us under MON. If the team gives us something to shout about, we will shout. All we get at the moment is apathy, so they get apathy back.

If the players that we have now aren't capable, then get rid, get us some that want a battle and want to succeed not just think that they have already as they have a nice car, nice house and a semi fat pay packet for 20 hours a week fitness work.

I think us fans just want to see a bit of fighting spirit, never say die attitude and some football. I don't care who the hell gets us enjoying our Saturday afternoons again, just give us something to believe in.

if all thats tuff is true i dont want him anywhere near my football club.

I think we are desperate for anything to tell you the truth... MM... dowie... a team that knows how to pass to someone in the same shirt... Just anything to stop the slow death...

i think dowie will get a call up to the 1 dayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669