If Kelly goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have not criticised RK to the extent that you are saying, he's done aswell as he can. Sadly my fortune-telling skills tell me

a) I don't think he's good enough
b) He doesn't like the limelight
c) MM wants his own men

I am sad to say but Johnson, Kenton, Welsh, Low and Maculay are not very very good. 3 of them I think are not good enough for this league and they are currently passangers. 2 are only adequate.

There were other players available on the marker, Chopra and McPhail were both frees for Cardiff. The players are out there, a wheel and deal with Sheff Utd would have seen us gain a couple of decent players and various other Premier clubs.

A great thing what makes me laugh is Adams. Has-Beens he bought for one season again a mistake he learnt being a manager in that situation for the first time. As Taylor has but sadly the arrogant bugger done the same at Palace with a potful of money. This bloke got us promoted in similar circumstance to now, some of the players he had are still available and playing at this level or even higher.

Stewart, Dickov (bought from Man City Ressies), Deane (similar to Shipperley's situation now), Sinclair (between than Kenton and Maculay at this level), Mckinlay and Summerbee (both freebies).

I might be wrong about haven't we gone back since we sacked Adams?!? So if Adams could wheel-deal this well to get us up. Then why isn't Kelly, even suggesting the same?!?!? Because at least Adams had a good idea of his set-up, Summerbee, Impey, Stewart for example all crossers of the ball and then Deane wins headers. Dickov chases. Izzet the creater and McKinlay the ball winner.

I see Kelly's buys and see no cohesion.

Maculey - We had an adequate centre-half in Gerraband
Kenton - Stearman and Maybury - No better than them pair
Welsh - Potter same quality
Johnson - Midfield Rock?!? Carthorse!?!? Brought nothing to the team
Low - Not good enough, had enough right-midfielders anyway.

I would have brought in a left-back - Whittingham from Villa, Nils great job at the minute but hes a centre-half and then allowed Gerraband to go. Left-Winger with some zip, a loanee from a big Premier club would be the trick ie. Paul Anderson and Lee Martin. A big target man - De Vries sadly not the answer - Shipperley ideal, Sutton was available at one stage. A ball-winner Bircham at QPR on loan deal with permanent fee subject. Wallwork was available a few days ago.

Kelly IMO is a rabbit caught between the headlights. I think he's fully aware that his days will probably be numbered under MM.

I still support him now and I think he's done a decent job but not the brilliance I expect and want for my lovely and favourite football club at this level.

Ah the Championship Manager dream relights itself.

Any thoughts about the wages for Chopr? although McPhail is a good player though i give you that and wouldn't have been on much.

As for Adams, he inherited a Premiership squad with players like Izzet, Elliott, Taggart, Dickov etc etc, McKinlay and Summerbee were no more than bit players.

As for the rest of your loans, Premier League players we can't afford, Some of them are clearly not available, some of them went to teams better/bigger than us so wouldn't have joined anyway and Sutton was asking for money that Brum couldn't afford!

Get of the old PC and get in the real world Hazzman. We got McCauley, Kenton, Low, Johnson and Welsh because they were cheap and available, if we had money to get players like Chopra and Sutton I've no doubt we would have done instead.

Last edited:
Just what we need right now is someone with a track record of spending absolutely millions, being completely and utterly tactically inept, and a habit of losing it and going mental :icon_roll

What we need is someone who can get promoted. Keegan has achieved that at every club he's managed. I don't care how tactically inept he is if he can run away with the league like he has previously.

We brought in what we could afford

You pay peanuts and you get monkeys - and we therefore have a team full of complete chimps

Can't blame Kelly for that

Why is every one attacking RK,

It is not his fault that the club has no money and that we are short of players, so how can you blame RK for our current situation IMO he has done well with the resources available. When RK has done something that draws any blame, then criticise him until then get of his case.

I would rather see Kelly stay on and given the opportunity to prove him self under the right circumstances. Than get in some self centred, egotistic manager, who thinks he knows it all, yet knows nothing and wastes any money MM may spend on players.

Remember PT, (£23 million and cant admit he made mistakes)
Remember DB, (I am here, I wont do anything but be here)
Remember MA, (Bunch of has been’s he bought)
Remember CL (Was so laid back he was horizontal)

All where crap, all where suppose to be experienced, all where suppose to be good for city, not one was. They where crap, every one of them was so full of their own self importance that they forgot what they where suppose to manage city. We have all been there before, and the last thing we need is another shity manager to screw up a once in a lifetime opportunity.

RK may not have the tactical ability of MON but like MON he is not an over confident, cocky arrogant big headed manager. He is down to earth, knows he has a lot to learn and takes a cautious approach to his decisions and that is what we need. We do not need some big name manager with a pre-conceived plan that has failed many times before to come in and waste money buying a bunch of under performing tosser’s.

When RK fails then I will be the first to criticise but until he does get of his case and go back to moaning about the price of the pies.

:038: Give him a chance to prove himself with the money.

If we could have afforded better players we would have bought better players.

Last edited:
We brought in what we could afford

You pay peanuts and you get monkeys - and we therefore have a team full of complete chimps

Can't blame Kelly for that

I don't think the whole team is bad.

Logan is ok, Hendo is just about ok and Douglas is poor.

Back 4 are decent, Johannson, Kisnorbo, McCauley and McCarthy are all good enough at this level and maybe higher, Stearman needs to find some form but he's only 19 and has shown enough over the past 2 years to suggest he's good enough.

Midfield is the weakest area only Wesolowski looks good enough on a regular basis and he's injured the majority of the time. Williams looks good for 20 minutes out of 90 and Hughes, Welsh, Low and Johnson don't look good enough to win us games.

Up front, Hume is playing really well, Fryatt is a mystery having looked so good last season, he's either unfit, injured or has no confidence (or a combination of all 3). Hammond isn't good enough and O'Grady probably isn't either.

So if our first 11 is fit, the major problem is in the final third and unfortunately you need money or quality youngsters to improve it and Chambers/Odihambo and Dodds are a bit too young and raw and we have no money.

Logan

Stearman Kisnorbo McCarthy/McCauley Johannson

Hughes Williams Wesolowski Porter/Welsh/Tiatto

Fryatt Hume

That 11 is a match for most teams in the division but we've just not been able to pick it much due to injury.

What we need is someone who can get promoted. Keegan has achieved that at every club he's managed. I don't care how tactically inept he is if he can run away with the league like he has previously.

Personally if he had the desire and hunger to be successful like he had at Newcastle and Fulham especially then he would be superb.

Unfortunately I don't think he's got any great hunger to get back into football anymore and it would be a poor poor decision.

Ah the Championship Manager dream relights itself.

Any thoughts about the wages for Chopr? although McPhail is a good player though i give you that and wouldn't have been on much.

As for Adams, he inherited a Premiership squad with players like Izzet, Elliott, Taggart, Dickov etc etc, McKinlay and Summerbee were no more than bit players.

As for the rest of your loans, Premier League players we can't afford, Some of them are clearly not available, some of them went to teams better/bigger than us so wouldn't have joined anyway and Sutton was asking for money that Brum couldn't afford!

Get of the old PC and get in the real world Hazzman. We got McCauley, Kenton, Low, Johnson and Welsh because they were cheap and available, if we had money to get players like Chopra and Sutton I've no doubt we would have done instead.

I havent played on a new version of Football Manager ages, so it's irrelevant, all I done was put down players who were available and I reckon we could of got. All players I mentioned in my team were either on the transfer list, young lads looking for a loan, one player now on loan and a player Whittingham who wanted out at Villa and was talking to Wolves in the summer. I am not making any outlandish comments, I havent suggested Chopra for us. The players are out there, Luton picked up Emmanuel from Bradford on a free, ripped us apart first game.

I am sorry to say I disagree with the money lark, I think Leicester have been plain stupid, the board made a tit-ups of when Maybury was off to Sunderland which could have provided funds. The 'we couldnt afford loan' claim could be upstaged by the fact we brought in Welsh and then hinted at another player coming in aswell. A bid for Kisnorbo in the summer from Wigan as good as he is, do you sell him and then get in a couple of more players knowing Maculay is on his way here?

I think this is where I question Kelly's management, too much of a nice guy and not willing to make big decision.

lets see if we can tempt m'o'n back here :p never going to happen but i can allways dream

I havent played on a new version of Football Manager ages, so it's irrelevant, all I done was put down players who were available and I reckon we could of got. All players I mentioned in my team were either on the transfer list, young lads looking for a loan, one player now on loan and a player Whittingham who wanted out at Villa and was talking to Wolves in the summer. I am not making any outlandish comments, I havent suggested Chopra for us. The players are out there, Luton picked up Emmanuel from Bradford on a free, ripped us apart first game.

I am sorry to say I disagree with the money lark, I think Leicester have been plain stupid, the board made a tit-ups of when Maybury was off to Sunderland which could have provided funds. The 'we couldnt afford loan' claim could be upstaged by the fact we brought in Welsh and then hinted at another player coming in aswell. A bid for Kisnorbo in the summer from Wigan as good as he is, do you sell him and then get in a couple of more players knowing Maculay is on his way here?

I think this is where I question Kelly's management, too much of a nice guy and not willing to make big decision.

Did we ever actually recieve a bid for Maybury or was it all paper talk?! And although we did recieve interest for Kisnorbo, I suppose the worry was how McCauley would do at a higher level than he's ever played at before.

Curbs, with RK as his right hand man would be absolutely fantastic. Ive always thought that after MON left, the closest thing to the old Leicester was Charlton. If MM could just lure him...maybe he wouldn't mind a challenge, he certainly seems the type to want to be challenged. He's had a very good record a Charlton and maybe he can learn from whatever mistakes he made there, and be wiser n stronger if he was to come here. Plus he's not been outta footy for too long.

Yes, I think Curbishley is pretty much first choice

Oh yes

Just what we need right now is someone with a track record of spending absolutely millions, being completely and utterly tactically inept, and a habit of losing it and going mental :icon_roll

Except that KK would be such an icon that he would light up the whole club and I could see promotion happening on the back of that.

As Jeff seems to imply, you don't have to be a tactical genius to win the so-called 'championship' - high tempo and plenty of goals and your'e likely to do it.

One of the depressing facets of our last couple of managers is their (partly understandable given their crap playing resources) focus on defence. We have been getting more than our fair share of draws and everyone knows that since the change in the points system that they are not much use.

When i first started going to Filbert Street, Leicester City was renowned as an attacking force - we even had 'attacking defenders' e.g. Jack Froggart...the crowds loved it and I think it would be great to see it again.

But don't worry Homer - it ain't going to happen!

When i first started going to Filbert Street, Leicester City was renowned as an attacking force - we even had 'attacking defenders' e.g. Jack Froggart...the crowds loved it and I think it would be great to see it again.

He played at no 11 in my first game. And scored the only goal to beat Man U.

Happy days.

I think Keegan would be a decent choice, I'd like to see us go for Curbishley - who knows? might be tempted to drop a divison if he knows theres some cash available..

At least you know that Keegan's teams will put a smile on your face (perhaps not always for the right reasons), but I honestly can't remember when I've actually really enjoyed a football match, for it's content rather than purely for the result, since we've been at Filbert Way.Only the Spurs cup game maybe came close and we all know that was a complete freak.

The only think i can see putting Curbishley off is MM's reputation for chopping and changing managers, AC will want to have have a long term plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566