Speculation If/When Enzo Goes, who do you want and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has said he wants to make sure that Leicester are properly compensated before he says yes.
£200 m compensation should do

Interesting all the early rumours were of a 2 year contract with an option for a 3rd, or a 3 year contract. But now it's widely reported they've landed on a 5 year deal. Maresca's agent clearly doing a job there.
5 year deal at £2m a year keeps them on the right track for FFP or whatever it’s called these days.

For all the accolades that Enzo gets, winning the Championship with the best, most expensive squad. Woever comes, if (and I doubt it) they keep usup, That will be an immensely more difficult challenge.

@Joe_Fox can you confirm this please?
I can confirm that I cannot confirm this at this stage. However I can confirm that I want Enzo to do the right thing and wipe his feet whilst he ****s off to the absolute circus scab **** club that is Chelsea.

Chelsea fan attempting to come here in peace.

First and foremost, just wanted to say that I truly admire Leicester City as a club. Obviously your story is incredible. Then, for giving a platform to one of my favourite players ever Kanté, and for stopping the Spuds from winning the league when you guys did win it.

I have heard a lot divided opinions about Enzo Maresca, so just doing a bit more information gathering. I'm quite interested in knowing, what you guys liked about Maresca, and what you think his weaknesses were? How tactically astute was he? I've read in a lot of places that he doesn't have a plan B, but from the few games I did watch at Leicester he seems to set up the team a little bit differently depending on opposition?

Understandably not everyone is a fan of possession football - similarly in the Chelsea fanbase there are those who hate it. But was just looking for some more objective opinions about whether you guys think he has the ability to do well.

I'm also quite interested in his man management skills. I have read some stuff from say Winks and Ndidi and that, but was wondering if I could have some more insight into that.

Truly appreciate any response here.

For all the accolades that Enzo gets, winning the Championship with the best, most expensive squad. Woever comes, if (and I doubt it) they keep usup, That will be an immensely more difficult challenge.

I believe the same. Can't take away what happened last season. It was part 1 of 2 and first of all, you gotta be in to win it, so to speak. Enzo did just that when it could've been far worse.

Now ready for part 2, then ideally some stability to start a new era.

I hope that Enzo doesn't take our better players with him - Vardy, Winks, Chilwell, Pereira, Hermansen, Drinkwater, etc.

First and foremost, just wanted to say that I truly admire Leicester City as a club. Obviously your story is incredible. Then, for giving a platform to one of my favourite players ever Kanté, and for stopping the Spuds from winning the league when you guys did win it.

I have heard a lot divided opinions about Enzo Maresca, so just doing a bit more information gathering. I'm quite interested in knowing, what you guys liked about Maresca, and what you think his weaknesses were? How tactically astute was he? I've read in a lot of places that he doesn't have a plan B, but from the few games I did watch at Leicester he seems to set up the team a little bit differently depending on opposition?

Understandably not everyone is a fan of possession football - similarly in the Chelsea fanbase there are those who hate it. But was just looking for some more objective opinions about whether you guys think he has the ability to do well.

I'm also quite interested in his man management skills. I have read some stuff from say Winks and Ndidi and that, but was wondering if I could have some more insight into that.

If the players buy into it and your board and fans give him time, IMO he will do a very good job for you, but those are big ‘ifs’

I'd say he did a very good job at building a team. The players gave the impression that they were in it together.

As for tactics, expect to see your right back joining midfield and the ball being recycled again and again. With your squad he may do very well but I think we would have got destroyed in the premier league with his approach. Also, this isn't bitter but I'm not bothered about him leaving. I found us quite dull to watch but then again, it's all been pretty dull since 'that season'.

Finally, Maresca will want two wingers who work incredibly hard with the ability to beat their man in a one vs. one situations.

Good luck to the guy. I think he may need it with your owner.

Chelsea fan attempting to come here in peace....etc
It wasn't always scintillating but Enzo did the job he was brought in to do at Leicester. He managed to remotivate the players and get them to buy into a different style which ultimately proved successful in the Championship. As Micky said, there were doubts it would work (with our players) in the PL.

Learn to embrace, nay love, the majestic beauty of the sweeping sideways or backwards pass - and you'll be fine.

P.S. We all loved Kante too

One of Enzo’s problems , was what went before he came here.
That **** BR, tried to get players to play out from the back.
There was no plan, players were inadequate, it was suicide football.
With Enzo, he got the players to buy into his way of playing out from the back.
It’s a risk and reward way of playing.
Yes there was **** ups along the way. That’s when the “I told you so” brigade shouted loudest (thick ****s!)

Look at the reward for a few **** ups along the way .

Put it like this, if you were told you’d win the Premier league but you was going to lose to Arsenal thanks to a **** up by your keeper, would you accept it?
Sometimes the football was scintillating, sometimes it was slow.
However I never found it boring .

If Fofana stays fit, he will excel under Enzo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58