Speculation If/When Enzo Goes, who do you want and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Mail, discussions are dragging on because Enzo wants a team of 10 elite coaches with him. That will cost Chelsea a packet if they decide to sack him after 6 months and they are all on 5 year contracts. Still if Enzo registers them all, he will at least be able to put out a team if the petulant players tell him to f* off!

I am really struggling to understand the following that David Moyes has on here. His style of football is totally different to that we have been playing so, presumably, a large turn over of players (we don't have any funds), he plays football that makes an Enzo team look like vintage Brazil and, according to a coterie of West Ham fans around me, he likes a mature team and doesn't play the youngsters...

I know it’s unlikely but if Enzo doesn’t get the Chelsea job, do we really want him here given that he’s shown that he doesn’t want to be here?

I am really struggling to understand the following that David Moyes has on here. His style of football is totally different to that we have been playing so, presumably, a large turn over of players (we don't have any funds), he plays football that makes an Enzo team look like vintage Brazil and, according to a coterie of West Ham fans around me, he likes a mature team and doesn't play the youngsters...
- Took a West Ham team to top 10 finishes for two consecutive years
- Won a European title with West Ham
- Is a very solid premier league manager at a time that we are still a bit in turmoil
- Is a realistic target

Is it that complicated?

Former Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy, 47, is a contender for the Leicester manager's job. (Mirror)

Seemed to do a decent job with PSV previously, who were second when he resigned citing a lack of support.

No idea on his coaching style.

Former Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy, 47, is a contender for the Leicester manager's job. (Mirror)

Seemed to do a decent job with PSV previously, who were second when he resigned citing a lack of support.

No idea on his coaching style.
Treating everyone like shit & losing the dressing room apparently. A Dutch Rodgers.

According to the Mail, discussions are dragging on because Enzo wants a team of 10 elite coaches with him. That will cost Chelsea a packet if they decide to sack him after 6 months and they are all on 5 year contracts. Still if Enzo registers them all, he will at least be able to put out a team if the petulant players tell him to f* off!
Nice to see him looking after his future by starting a travel business on the side.

Is it because they're giving him such a massive contract that he's trying to bring everyone along with him for a massive pay day?

Interesting all the early rumours were of a 2 year contract with an option for a 3rd, or a 3 year contract. But now it's widely reported they've landed on a 5 year deal. Maresca's agent clearly doing a job there.

I know it’s unlikely but if Enzo doesn’t get the Chelsea job, do we really want him here given that he’s shown that he doesn’t want to be here?

He's already got the job - it's his, they're just doing negotiations.

So if he ended up not going and staying here, then that would suggest he does want to be here Vs whatever Chelsea had offered?

Also, 90% of footballers/managers "want to be here", whichever club that is, because it's the biggest club they can go to that will pay them the most.

If he ends up staying, very unlikely, I don't see that as a reason to then on him.

He's already got the job - it's his, they're just doing negotiations.

So if he ended up not going and staying here, then that would suggest he does want to be here Vs whatever Chelsea had offered?

Also, 90% of footballers/managers "want to be here", whichever club that is, because it's the biggest club they can go to that will pay them the most.

If he ends up staying, very unlikely, I don't see that as a reason to then on him.
Once a managers head is turned he is never “committed” to his original club afterwards.

Of course, that’s not to say that anyone would s 100% committed to their role and perhaps will always have “an eye” on alternatives, but once someone has gone through a full interview process with a potential offer close by, they’re finished as far as I’m concerned.

That’s just my opinion of course.

All gone quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00