Speculation If/When Enzo Goes, who do you want and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't always scintillating but Enzo did the job he was brought in to do at Leicester. He managed to remotivate the players and get them to buy into a different style which ultimately proved successful in the Championship. As Micky said, there were doubts it would work (with our players) in the PL.

Learn to embrace, nay love, the majestic beauty of the sweeping sideways or backwards pass - and you'll be fine.

P.S. We all loved Kante too
I didn't love him. I adored him and still do.

Chelsea fan attempting to come here in peace.

First and foremost, just wanted to say that I truly admire Leicester City as a club. Obviously your story is incredible. Then, for giving a platform to one of my favourite players ever Kanté, and for stopping the Spuds from winning the league when you guys did win it.
Easy for me. I talk shit but I also remember Chelsea fans cheering us on to win the league in 2016. You hate Spurs as much as I do.
I have heard a lot divided opinions about Enzo Maresca, so just doing a bit more information gathering. I'm quite interested in knowing, what you guys liked about Maresca, and what you think his weaknesses were? How tactically astute was he? I've read in a lot of places that he doesn't have a plan B, but from the few games I did watch at Leicester he seems to set up the team a little bit differently depending on opposition?
Having the most expensive squad in the history of the second tier of English football obviously worked in his favour; he had the luxury of players who should have been miles ahead of everyone else in the division (and didn’t really have any right to be anywhere near relegation in the first place), so had a bit of space to try his “philosophy” out against teams we “should” have been beating. Obviously football is football, so there was the chance it would **** up quickly and catastrophically (see: Paulo Sousa circa 2010). Failing to get Leicester back into the Premier League in 2024 should have been impossible, but there were brief spells where it looked like he might actually do it, and you have to wonder where that would have left his career.
Understandably not everyone is a fan of possession football - similarly in the Chelsea fanbase there are those who hate it. But was just looking for some more objective opinions about whether you guys think he has the ability to do well.
Sounds like some people are going to be unhappy, because it seems to me like Enzo’s teams will pass opposition to death where possible. It’s very frustrating watching your team patiently tap the ball around while a goal down in the 95th minute, but you may have to a few times.
I'm also quite interested in his man management skills. I have read some stuff from say Winks and Ndidi and that, but was wondering if I could have some more insight into that.

Truly appreciate any response here.
He inherited a squad that had turned in a series of feeble performances towards the end of the season and either thought they couldn’t play football or just couldn’t be arsed to. Battering Spurs 4-1 then going nine games without a win sums up that season. Fortunately, Darts Boy ****ed off pretty sharpish after, it turns out, we weren’t “absolutely fine” playing like we did against Southampton for the rest of the season. Enzo turned that can’t/won’t (delete as applicable) collection of twats into something a bit closer to what they should have been all along, and adjusted some players’ roles (eg Ndidi being used much higher up the pitch, Ricardo in a kind of right back / defensive midfield player, Vestergaard as a footballer etc). Turning shite into gold isn’t easy so he might just be a football alchemist.

That pretty much sums it up. I'd like to add that when it works, which last season was quite often, it's fantastic to watch, and there is room for players to improvise within the system.

First and foremost, just wanted to say that I truly admire Leicester City as a club. Obviously your story is incredible. Then, for giving a platform to one of my favourite players ever Kanté, and for stopping the Spuds from winning the league when you guys did win it.

I have heard a lot divided opinions about Enzo Maresca, so just doing a bit more information gathering. I'm quite interested in knowing, what you guys liked about Maresca, and what you think his weaknesses were? How tactically astute was he? I've read in a lot of places that he doesn't have a plan B, but from the few games I did watch at Leicester he seems to set up the team a little bit differently depending on opposition?

Understandably not everyone is a fan of possession football - similarly in the Chelsea fanbase there are those who hate it. But was just looking for some more objective opinions about whether you guys think he has the ability to do well.

I'm also quite interested in his man management skills. I have read some stuff from say Winks and Ndidi and that, but was wondering if I could have some more insight into that.

Wow. Thanks so much. He’s completely rigid in his approach. Fans hate him. Players hate him. His wife is just there for the money and he wishes all of you dead. Enjoy.

Hopefully we just crack on now and get someone in place quickly. I see it as an opportunity tbh. The wheels so very nearly came off last season and it was the squad not the style of play that got us through. It’s a blow no doubt to have to change manager again, but not the end of the world. We’ll hopefully get someone who has a plan B.

Hello Chelsea fan. Watch the first 80 minutes of our away game against Leeds last season.

If Enzo gets your players to perform like that consistently you will win the Premier League.
Also watch the last 10 minutes and marvel at how we ****ed that up.

The inverted full-back is the key upon which Mareca’s success or failure will be built on. If Reece James can ever maintain full fitness, the system will be successful. He is tailor-made for that role. I can’t see Chilwell doing it well from the left-side.

Flippin' eck! I mentioned Esteban Cambiasso on the second post in this thread as a jokey homage to the old TB trope that he single-handedly saved us from relegation in 2015 - and now he appears on the leader board! He's down the list - but still...
Obviously someone has found his magical Playbook detailing how to win the last 9 games, when Pearson didn’t have a clue!

No way Ruud Van Nistlewotsits comes here whilst Vardy is still at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00