If you were God..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is a belief backed by evidence and reason, yours are backed by dogma

you're right there is no point you trying to change my beliefs, not because they might not change, but that you are incapable of debating the issue

funny how you were going on about restricted freedom of speech, but now praising freedom of religious choice

What evidence have you got to support your "beliefs" your word not mine because as you said before atheism is not believing in God.

Mine belief is backed by the bible and I was talking about people having the right to believe in what they want, after all that's freedom of thought.

The right to state their belief is freedom of speech, as is the right to say anything about any topic. Which is what we have on this forum.

The difference is that I really don't mind what you believe but you seem a bit annoyed that I believe in God. Too bad. I'll always have faith in God and I'll always defend other people's rights to believe what they want.

As for the Alsatian, would you like to see women having half dog half human offspring? Would you like to have your girlfriend paying a visit to the local pound every few days?

We'd end up with all these strange half animal half human creatures roaming around the place. What a freak show. :icon_conf

If you take the whole thing in a purely literal sense, of course

But then that would be missing the whole ****ing point

What other way is there to take it?

and what is 'the whole ****ing point' that I am missing?

What evidence have you got to support your "beliefs" your word not mine because as you said before atheism is not believing in God.

Mine belief is backed by the bible and I was talking about people having the right to believe in what they want, after all that's freedom of thought.

The right to state their belief is freedom of speech, as is the right to say anything about any topic. Which is what we have on this forum.

The difference is that I really don't mind what you believe but you seem a bit annoyed that I believe in God. Too bad. I'll always have faith in God and I'll always defend other people's rights to believe what they want.

As for the Alsatian, would you like to see women having half dog half human offspring? Would you like to have your girlfriend paying a visit to the local pound every few days?

We'd end up with all these strange half animal half human creatures roaming around the place. What a freak show. :icon_conf

As DV previously said, you are incapable of debating the issue.

What other way is there to take it?

and what is 'the whole ****ing point' that I am missing?

The point of individuals who choose to see precisely what they want to within a religious text

Whether you take some of it literally or interpret the whole bloody thing as parable and allegory created at a time when that type of 'storytelling' was the norm.
That is their purpose - to inspire faith/belief in whichever way you choose to create it

Or not, as the case may be

As DV previously said, you are incapable of debating the issue.

Not incapable, just tired, it's nearly midnight here and my brain hurts, goodnight. I'll just leave you with this thought: If the commandment "thou shalt not kill" exists in the bible how can you say the bible advocates murder. Also "thou shalt not steal" was a law we adopted. "thou shalt not commit adultery". Need I go on? Anyway my bed beckons, goodnight. :tumbleweed:

Not incapable, just tired, it's nearly midnight here and my brain hurts, goodnight. I'll just leave you with this thought: If the commandment "thou shalt not kill" exists in the bible how can you say the bible advocates murder. Also "thou shalt not steal" was a law we adopted. "thou shalt not commit adultery". Need I go on? Anyway my bed beckons, goodnight. :tumbleweed:

Don't want to piss on your chips, old bean, but I think people might have come up with one or two of those without the bible having to tell them to

Maybe not the 'craven image' one, though..

If the commandment "thou shalt not kill" exists in the bible how can you say the bible advocates murder. :

because it contradicts itself in other places and says kill (see previous bible quote)

as for evidence of everything being created in six days

1) carbon 14 dating
2) polonium dating
3) radium dating
4) Uranium-Lead dating
5) meteorite dating
6) the fact that knowing how long a day is before the earth & the sun exist is pretty tricky, in fact if you assume the earth and the sun are formed after the universe, it's logically impossible

:102:

I find the whole 'disproving God thing' pointless; anyone arguing against religion adopts an analytical stance whereas your godly folk fall back on the emotive response.

It's like trying to convince my wife to go for the two-ladies in a bed experiment thing.

What the hell is wrong with it, huh? God-boys? What the hell have I done to your ****ing God that she would spite me so. Half a sodding hour, that's all I wanted and I promised not to make phone contact afterwards...

Bleeding christian assholes.

I find the whole 'disproving God thing' pointless; anyone arguing against religion adopts an analytical stance whereas your godly folk fall back on the emotive response.

It's like trying to convince my wife to go for the two-ladies in a bed experiment thing.

What the hell is wrong with it, huh? God-boys? What the hell have I done to your ****ing God that she would spite me so. Half a sodding hour, that's all I wanted and I promised not to make phone contact afterwards...

Bleeding christian assholes.

Is that what you turn to as an alternative ? :icon_conf

I'll just leave you with this thought: If the commandment "thou shalt not kill" exists in the bible how can you say the bible advocates murder.

Easily, because time after time the Bible explicitly condones murder.
In fact, God actually commands it and not in any kind of parable or allegory, he explicitly commands rape, pillage, murder etc.
It's just another example of the Bible contradicting itself, endlessly.

But surely you know that already, you did say you'd read the Bible.

Need I go on?

Probably best not to.

Anyway my bed beckons, goodnight.

Nighty night, sleep well & don't forget to say your prayers.

Last edited:
Person 1:

Believes in the following: Virgin birth, woman was created from a mans rib, a man can part the oceans with a gesture of his hands, an all ecompassing being that nobody has ever met created everything, water into wine, walking on water, die and then being restored, killing is fine as long as it's for religion, a geezer rescued all them animals in a boat and then sat on a mountain for 40 days............etc

Person 2:

Hears voices in his head.

Question: Which one is considered insane and gets locked up?

Last edited:
Person 1:

Believes in the following: Virgin birth, woman was created from a mans rib, a man can part the oceans with a gesture of his hands, an all ecompassing being that nobody has ever met created everything, water into wine, walking on water, die and then being restored, killing is fine as long as it's for religion, a geezer rescued all them animals in a boat and then sat on a mountain for 40 days............etc

Person 2:

Hears voices in his head.

Question: Which one is considered insane and gets locked up?

That was the point I was attempting to make earlier, just I decided to highlight the more miltant area of it all.

Speed dating is fine, but not on the sabbath or you'll burn for all eternity in the fires of Hades.

I travelled back from Nottingham today via the scenic route and found myself on Hades Lane - FACT!

I travelled back from Nottingham today via the scenic route and found myself on Hades Lane - FACT!

was there a three-headed dog on it?

did you cross a river?

did you have an obol under your tongue to give to a skeleton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69