Important message for MDV 'boo-boys'

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is happening with Fryatt? - allegedly no training with the first team yet MA was singing his praises some weeks ago....has he upset the club by wanting a move or has he turned down a move to earn their disappproval.

maybe he has been given a second chance (same as MDV) and has blown it. MA talks about attitude and maybe he feels that Fatty's is damaging to the rest of the squad

im going to boo MDV at every opportunity.

MDV did play along side Connolly, and that is exactly the same reason why I had the same opinion of Connolly as I do of Hume. That little pikey gimp couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo and was greeted with heroic status everytime he hit the post and MDV was booed for far lesser crimes.

Let's face it, city fans are easily duped. If you run around a lot and give the impression you're working hard for the club, you will never do any wrong, whatever your results (Connolly, Dickov, Hume).

But if you appear to be a player who doesn't appear to give 100%, you will be forever berated whatever your results.
Melton,

I don't know if you went to the match but I think you're spot on with Hume. He actually gives us a problem because he's neither an out-and out attcker or good enough in mid-field.

I've not been a MDV fan but he looks fitter and hungry to play well so I'm up for him to prove me wrong., he could actually do with using his weight to more affect if he thought about it.

I think MDV will start on Sat and should be partneed by DJ.

Sappleton look good when he came on as well.... was also impressed with Clemence more as the game went on.

Dunno.... might a season coming up with some good performances in it. lets hope so..

yea mate great plan, lets drop our highest scorer.

yea mate great plan, lets drop our highest scorer.
Dont get me wrong I like Hume , he has a great first touch and never gives in....

but .... I think other combinations could produce more this season.

who would you partner him up front with ?

Dont get me wrong I like Hume , he has a great first touch and never gives in....

but .... I think other combinations could produce more this season.

who would you partner him up front with ?

Dont know who id partner him with, the one thing i do know is that he is the number 1 striker. MA didnt give him a 3 year contract extension for nothing.

Dont know who id partner him with, the one thing i do know is that he is the number 1 striker. MA didnt give him a 3 year contract extension for nothing.
agree- MA clearly wanted to keep him... but footie's all about opinions (mine dont pick the side but.. hey.. it'd be fun to do so..)

I think we will do well this season whether Hume is in the starting line-up or not... I also think we will need to have more of a physical presence up front this year - we were too lightweight last season.

Dunno if he's too young but the fella Sappleton looked ok...

we'll see.... I dont think Hume will be our top scorer this season...

Im willing to put money down that hume will indeed be our top scorer with a total nearing 20

As far as I'm aware it wasn't MA who gave him the 3 year deal:icon_conf

When talking to him at the Player of the Year do, he said that he was in talks about extending his contract by at least three years cos he loved it here and his family were settled.

Im willing to put money down that hume will indeed be our top scorer with a total nearing 20
..... you like him dont you...

dont matter how close to twenty he gets ... he wont be top scorer ...

I'll match a small wager with you -- £twenty ... for the "craic"

... the seasons gettin interestin already...

lets hope if dont matter -- 'cause we've gone up !!

Agreed, Hume is our best striker, i guess DJ would be the first choice atm, although I'm still convinced Fryatt can be great when fully fit and when he's got a bit of confidence

He's about the same age Heskey was when he started playing for us.

Looks like him as well:icon_eek: (Well I think so)
.. yeah agree, he reminded me a bit of "Bruno"... great if he's anywhere near that good...

whats going on with Fryatt !!... dont think he was even on the bench on Sat.

it's a bit scarey... but i actually feel optomistic after all the crap we've had since Taylor screwed this club up...

All those fickle boneheads who get on the backs of any of the lads Sat'day need a week stuck in a shed with Homer, in the dark.

De Vries joined us in Jan 05, Connolly left at the end of August 05. So they had a half a season together (during which MDV scored once) then a couple of games at the start of the next one including the 4-2 win against Stoke in which Connolly got a hat-trick and MDV got one. At that time they started looking like a partnership.

Well connolly actually played a few games for us that season before leaving so he could well have!

MDV did play along side Connolly, and that is exactly the same reason why I had the same opinion of Connolly as I do of Hume. That little pikey gimp couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo and was greeted with heroic status everytime he hit the post and MDV was booed for far lesser crimes.

Let's face it, city fans are easily duped. If you run around a lot and give the impression you're working hard for the club, you will never do any wrong, whatever your results (Connolly, Dickov, Hume).

But if you appear to be a player who doesn't appear to give 100%, you will be forever berated whatever your results.

Nice one lads. I just could not get which year the pikey left us. I am with Melton on this Connelly to goal scoring was what Fred West was to patio laying

All those fickle boneheads who get on the backs of any of the lads Sat'day need a week stuck in a shed with Homer, in the dark.
totally agree, some of the idiots near me on Sat compalined the whole game any time someone made a mistake or a pass didnt quite happen... "Supporters" ... lol !

give everyone a chance, support and encourage -- I've not played in front of a crowd anywhere near the sort of size these players do.... but i do know negative stuff from the lines really f**ks with your confidence....

the team that goes out on Sat with with tryin like s**t to get the result.... Back Em..... 'cause if you dont - you might as well stay at home and watch Sky Sports and shout "yeeessss"... when City score & leave the "negative stuff" away from Walkers this year please.

Come on City....

However, just because he's made a couple of decent PSF appearances doesn't hide away the fact that he let us down badly.

His body language on the pitch together with his constant moaning and complaining to refs was embarrassing.

Part of this is that he got constantly penalised in the Championship for shielding the ball and backing into players - which he rightly complained about. Against Spurs, when he was allowed to do that without penalty, we all saw his skill.

And for so long, McCarthy, Nisse and Stearman punted balls at his head - where he wasn't strong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00