Important message for MDV 'boo-boys'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes they were, there were a couple of blokes a few rows behind us who moaned every time that MDV got the ball. They even slagged him off after setting up Hume!

We had one bloke next to us who moaned every time MDV had the ball.

As far as I'm concerned, he's got himself fitter than ever, pulled his weight pre-season and the slate is now wiped clean for the upcoming season.

Personally I think Kelly should've given him another chance last summer like he did a couple of the others but seeing as he shipped him out on loan about a week after Levein left I wasn't surprised that he wasn't given the opportunity to change fans views of him.

I was never one of those slating the bloke, even though at times he infuriated me, Connolly pissed me off even more and I never booed him either!
You could see glimpses of the sort of player he COULD be in some of the cup games where we played Prem opposition, but it also helped that the rest of the team were up for those games, where let's face it, the last couple of years in the CCC you couldn't really say that about many of the lazy sods could you?

I'm hoping that whatever happens this season, MDV can redeem himself in the eyes of the boo-boys, but with some of them, he could score 40 goals and they'd still find something to slag him off about!

I am sorry but he's lost a good stone or more in weight and generally looks up for it.

I'd have had a lot more respect for the man if he'd done that 2 years ago when we really needed him. Not now, when he's in the last year of his contract and needs to deliver to get a job somewhere.

I'd have had a lot more respect for the man if he'd done that 2 years ago when we really needed him. Not now, when he's in the last year of his contract and needs to deliver to get a job somewhere.

He was obiviously in a comfort zone which Levein allowed. I wouldn't find him the probelm for that. In his half of season with a pre-season behind him, he scored 9 goals....our top goalscorer at the time....Hume and Joey overtook him with 10 or 11.

However, he was very average and then scapegoated.

For a start, I've never once booed MDV. His initial appearances were promising and I encouraged him as much as anyone.

However, just because he's made a couple of decent PSF appearances doesn't hide away the fact that he let us down badly.

His body language on the pitch together with his constant moaning and complaining to refs was embarrassing. His finishing was consistently poor. His confidence drained far too easily. He was lumberingly slow, dire in the air and all round a total shambles at the point when we sent him out on loan. By the accounts I've read, he was bloody awful on loan too (coming on as sub usually and then getting sent off/subbed again/not impressing).

If MA has performed a miracle with him, fantastic. But let's not forget that were very good reasons why he wasn't popular and he's got to deliver the goods consistently to change most people's opinions, including mine.

And Hume doesn't do the same thing?

Confidence is all important in a striker, and whether you agree or not, the more fans get on a players back, with some of them it DOES start to affect their mindset and imo makes them play worse.

For example, look at what happened to Jordan Stewart at that Stoke game? The section of fans who barracked him continuously during that game should've been ashamed of themselves, you could actually see Stewart getting worse and worse every time he touched the ball because the abuse was so vociferous.

I think he deserves to be given a chance, he's used this pre-season to get himself sorted and the manager has been impressed with how he has done it.

He might well be absolutely blinking useless next season and all the boo-boys can say 'told you so' but until then he should be allowed the opportunity to change people's minds about him.

Sorry guys, you will have to find yourselves another target for this season.

The guy was awesome today. He chased, everything, robbed the ball off of some of the Prem's best defenders, held it up to give options to others and made great passes all over, including, for the second match I have seen, another amazing inch perfect pass for Hume to slot home another goal.

It was quite obvious as well by the congatulations that MA gave him when he subbed him at 80 mins, that he is very impressed by his performance as well. You can be the best forward in the team if all you do is create all the chances for those around you to simply put away!

I think the boo-boys will just have to accept that this guy is going to lead the line as second on the team sheet after Clemence and it will be Hume and Campbell that will be competing to join him! Fryatt, Cort and Elvis are not going to get a look in!

I agree 100% held it up, spread it wide, and did some smashing through balls, we need that from him and i hope he continues to deliver. Starting with Cambridge tomorrow and Blackpool on saturday.

I never really understood the amount of abuse that MDV got. Prior to leaving he for the first time he was our top scorer and had just had the game of his life against Tottenham.

The following season he was sent out again following on from which we signed four players non of whom were strikers. All last season we were crying out for abit extra up front when we had a resonable striker playing else where but still costing us money. A big fcuk up by Kelly.

MDV isnt great but he was no better or worse than some of the other players we have/had. I think it was any easy thing to do for some of our fans to jump on the band wagon and slag him off.

I think most fans have to have someone to dislike. I spent all of last season wishing Steven Hughes would fcuk off and I think this is more justified that the abuse MDV has taken in the past.

If Martin Allen thinks he is good enough then great. I am quite happy to have him in and around the squad, he aint that bad at this level. Some fans who think hes shite need to get a realality check and realise we are still in the championship.

I would never boo someone who is actually trying and doing his best. If he's too bad and shouldn't be playing then it's the manager's job to see that, and if he doesn't it's the manager who should be slagged off.

I would never boo someone who is actually trying and doing his best. If he's too bad and shouldn't be playing then it's the manager's job to see that, and if he doesn't it's the manager who should be slagged off.

good point well made. i've just read some of the shite on 'the other forum' and its putting me off going next saturday, I can't be arsed going if the stadium is going to be full of ****s who moan about players before they've kicked a ball in the competitive season

He has enough talent to make a mark in this division if we play to his strengths and the fans give him a chance.

He got off to a dream start in the SPL, scoring four for the Jambos on his debut against local Edinburgh rivals Hibs. He could do now worng for the Jambos fans after that.

Unfortunately it took him about 9 games to get off the mark for us and the boo boys had already started to wreck his confidence by then. It would be good if he could prove a few of them wrong this season. I can't see him ever being good enough for the Prem though.

good point well made. i've just read some of the shite on 'the other forum' and its putting me off going next saturday, I can't be arsed going if the stadium is going to be full of ****s who moan about players before they've kicked a ball in the competitive season

What have they been saying to put you off?
I don't go on there but it can't be that bad surely?

What have they been saying to put you off?
I don't go on there but it can't be that bad surely?

just morons going on about not wanting him to play even though they haven't seen him preseason. but want campbell instead, which is interesting as they couldn't have seen him either. i'm sitting in a different seat this season and my biggest fear is to be stuck next to a complete arse (other than my dad)

just morons going on about not wanting him to play even though they haven't seen him preseason. but want campbell instead, which is interesting as they couldn't have seen him either. i'm sitting in a different seat this season and my biggest fear is to be stuck next to a complete arse (other than my dad)

Campbell with who? I do not see a pairing of Hume and Campbell, they are both similar and vertically challenged. Campbell obviously has far more skill than Hume who often resembles a headless chicken on steroids trying to barge his way through a defence!

I fancy MDV and Hume to start with Campbell as second half substitute till he is match fit.

Goals win you games and we need two strikers next season that will be banging in the goals!!

Isn't that what a midfield is for?? :102:

if you have the players for it. heskey used to do a lot of the running for Cottee and Izzet to finish the moves off. I think hume and MDV could cause damage in this division, hopefully DJ shows some good touches and finishes from the bench which is probably the idea. on the subject of heading ability, we don't have anyone who is dominant in the air upfront as far as I can tell. MDV should be (or so people think) due to his height, but in a challenge v Hume I'd put a generous bet on Hume to win. hopefully with good link up from midfield and on the floor passing to one of the two strikers it will be better to watch and more productive than we have seen

Campbell with who? I do not see a pairing of Hume and Campbell, they are both similar and vertically challenged. Campbell obviously has far more skill than Hume who often resembles a headless chicken on steroids trying to barge his way through a defence!

I fancy MDV and Hume to start with Campbell as second half substitute till he is match fit.

I would have thought: D J is a better finisher than Hume but not much to choose between them on other skills ( Hume might just have the edge);

I always thought that Kelly made a mistake in losing the services of MDV last season on the basis that we had very little else up front - and a rejuvenated MDV is certainly worth a place amongst the 16;

What is happening with Fryatt? - allegedly no training with the first team yet MA was singing his praises some weeks ago....has he upset the club by wanting a move or has he turned down a move to earn their disappproval.

At least Hammond seems to be sinking from view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00