improve Atmosphere

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i sat in L1 when we played burnley i saw wannaby hooligans throwing money at the away fans for no reason at all. you said dont talk about things i no nothing about, how do you no i no nothing about it
I use to sit on the other side of the away fans. I moved away because of the wanker Leicester fans around me. They spent all game pushing their way pass me and my mrs to gesture the wanker sign at the away fans for missing a chance. They would then walk back past us to their seats.

If they wasn't pushing past us they were gesturing and shouting abuse for the whole of the game across our view.

If the police had surveillance cameras the majority of our fans in that area would spend the game pulling faces and the wanker gesture at the cameras.

The majority of them are 25-40 years old and sometimes with children

There are idiots, there are trouble makers and I for one don't imagine anybody getting kicked out of our ground for no unjustifiable reason (other than mistaken identity, which is subject to human error)

Last edited:
I use to sit on the other side of the away fans. I moved away because of the wanker Leicester fans around me. They spent all game pushing their way pass me and my mrs to gesture the wanker sign at the away fans for missing a chance. They would then walk back past us to their seats.

If they wasn't pushing past us they were gesturing and shouting abuse for the whole of the game across our view.

If the police had surveillance cameras the majority of our fans in that area would spend the game pulling faces and the wanker gesture at the cameras.

There are idiots, there are trouble makers and I for one don't imagine anybody getting kicked out of our ground for no unjustifiable reason (other than mistaken identity, which is subject to human error)

There is two flipsides about where do you place the away fans? Next to the Family Stand where families are viable to abuse and troublemakers sitting next to them or do you place away fans next to other city fans where trouble is more likely.

There is two flipsides about where do you place the away fans? Next to the Family Stand where families are viable to abuse and troublemakers sitting next to them or do you place away fans next to other city fans where trouble is more likely.
I'm not complaining I think the siting of all sections is currently correct. The one change I might make is to move the away fans next to the Kop, but thats it, if at all.

I was just stating why I don't like being near the away fans. Not because of them, they are great and sometimes the banter is good. It's our tossers what forced me to move

I know where you are coming from Melts as on the few occasions that I sat in that area I watched with disgust the idiots making wanker gestures and it only encourged the kids to do the same and think that it is an okay thing to do, the actions of these parents will always be wrong as it will turn their little ones into future hooligans.

The language coming from the lady behind me made even me blush. I guess its to be expected in the Kop though. The fact she had two toddlers with her as well made it worse.

If/when i have kids i will take them in the family stand. Especially with the outlaws being prudes when it comes to swearing (which i don't disagree with).

The language coming from the lady behind me made even me blush. I guess its to be expected in the Kop though. The fact she had two toddlers with her as well made it worse.

If/when i have kids i will take them in the family stand. Especially with the outlaws being prudes when it comes to swearing (which i don't disagree with).

ive been over this with Mrs newton and if you think about it kids will hear bad language anywhere these days , ie school tv people in the street ,as long as they know it is wrong and its not to be used outside of football ground then you should not have any problems ,i spent a season in the family stand with my kids and they hated it due to the lack of singing and so on plus some old gits moaning (not you melts :icon_lol: ) about shouting and clapping to loud FFS so we moved back to the kop where we have all enjoyed it alot more you want to hear some of the peeps in the family stand they fing and blinding it at times :icon_conf :)

Last edited:

Personally my outlook is that its part of growing up, when a kid goes a footie match and he sees these blokes swearing, it used to make me smile. It was yours and Dads secret. Any swearing outside of the stadium in front of any family member is forbidden.

maybe we should put away fans in the F block next to the kop and move L1 to the other side of them mite work better :102:
I think the away fans are deliberately situated in the nearest part of the ground to the main "exit" from the stadium area, thus discouraging them from wandering around, mingling with City fans and potentially causing bother... oooh, those troublesome rascals!

It would take everyone in the cop moving to the L1 area to acheive a half decent atmosphere, IMO.

I think the away fans are deliberately situated in the nearest part of the ground to the main "exit" from the stadium area, thus discouraging them from wandering around, mingling with City fans and potentially causing bother... oooh, those troublesome rascals!

It would take everyone in the cop moving to the L1 area to acheive a half decent atmosphere, IMO.

This is part of the design of virtually all new & rebuilt grounds - locate the away supporters where they can, if necessary, be got to/from the ground most easily. (Millwall is the prime example, with its entrance straight onto the station platform). Also, the layout of turnstiles and internal structure is set up to allow a self-contained area for refreshments, toilets, etc, usually with an adjacent area that can be easily switched between home & away. It therefore becomes a "fixed", & any rearrangement becomes expensive.

Similarly, the most vociferous home area of grounds (like the Kop) are usually structured differently to make smaller units for easier crowd control and are therefore not easily moved either.

A grounds safety certificate will depend in part on these sorts of arrangements being incorporated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00