In appreciation of Kasper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kasper turns 35 on Friday. If he plays against his former club next Sunday, it will be his 250th game for us in the PL.

He's a great player, a legend of a keeper. A wonderful servant to the club. I truly love the man.

But I really felt that he was from another era today. Ramsdale made him look like an old timer. A bit like when Ederson came into Man City and made Hart look like an ancient relic.

Whatever Kasper is, he isn't a keeper for the future. Goalkeeper is a position that is changing. Clubs like Man City, Liverpool and now Arsenal have moved with the times. We're asking an old school player to do new school things.

I've watched Ward enough to know that he's not the answer. He's old school too. I've watched Iversen a couple of times and he looks pretty iffy with his feet too. At some point relatively soon, we're going to need to make a difficult decision.

Only Fabianski is older than Kasper and playing regularly in the PL. It's not about making saves, he can still do that. It's just that the game isn't the one he learnt to play any more.

He was the only player on the pitch getting pissed off with our complete lack of urgency in the last 10 minutes today.

For that reason I say keep him forever.

Nine times out of ten it was his ****ing fault

Compare his fartarsing shite distribution to that of Ramsdale

BN is right - it’s a different game, and he’s not part of it

Calm down you lot. Everyone seems to have completely lost their shit over the Arsenal defeat. It was just a typical early kick off nightmare for us. Let's just move on and draw a line under it.

Side note. I wonder if having heard that Arsenal had sickness in their camp meant we subconsciously thought they were going to be knackered and substandard, hence our pedestrian start to the match.

That was our sixth early Saturday kick off under BR and the first defeat.
I knew we'd picked up a bit in terms of early kick off results but didn't know it was by that extent. Is it just me or do others always feel that we suffer from early kick offs more than other teams?

With the general consensus seeming to be all of the keepers at City are useless when do we start playing rush keeper?

I have a sneaking suspicion that due to being almost certainly the last of the title winners to be at the club, plus his closeness to the chairman & the received wisdom that keepers can play on almost forever he'll be here til he's 40.

Regardless of whether he can actually still play, or even walk or stand unaided by then. Probably still be first choice too.

I have a sneaking suspicion that due to being almost certainly the last of the title winners to be at the club, plus his closeness to the chairman & the received wisdom that keepers can play on almost forever he'll be here til he's 40.

Regardless of whether he can actually still play, or even walk or stand unaided by then. Probably still be first choice too.
How old was Brad Freidel when he threw in the towel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363