In appreciation of Kasper

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I see our fans complaining about Kasper, I realise what a spoilt, self-entitled bunch we've become.

What an absurd argument. Every player has a shelf life. It would be idiotic to pretend that a legend should continue unchallenged forever. Maybe Wes Morgan should still be in the centre of our defence?

I was also not even questioning his ability. I was merely saying that he belongs to a 'dying' generation of goalkeepers and, as such, he will increasingly look out of place. At some point we have to address this.

What an absurd argument. Every player has a shelf life. It would be idiotic to pretend that a legend should continue unchallenged forever. Maybe Wes Morgan should still be in the centre of our defence?

I was also not even questioning his ability. I was merely saying that he belongs to a 'dying' generation of goalkeepers and, as such, he will increasingly look out of place. At some point we have to address this.
Have you not seen that bloke from Southampton play?

My post said nothing about Schmeichel being a legend, and wasn't about that.

Suggesting we should do better than Kasper in goal is the bit I find absurd and spoilt; he's still one of the best keepers in the league.

Questioning the role he's asked to play with his distribution and whether he can do that is one thing, but in terms of all round play (i.e. looking at everything a goalkeeper is asked to do) then there aren't many at all out there that would be a good trade for Kasper.

Schmeichel quote attributed to a Discovery + interview where he discussed his major regret is not playing enough Champions League football in his career. He then says:

"I definitely think that before I stop, I must also try to play somewhere else. I'm very open, it doesn't have to be for money or anything. I have to choose it because it's the right thing to do, because it's a place that wants something...Right now, I have everything I have ever dreamed of but I still want more".

Schmeichel quote attributed to a Discovery + interview where he discussed his major regret is not playing enough Champions League football in his career. He then says:

"I definitely think that before I stop, I must also try to play somewhere else. I'm very open, it doesn't have to be for money or anything. I have to choose it because it's the right thing to do, because it's a place that wants something...Right now, I have everything I have ever dreamed of but I still want more".
Should have given a few of his soft bellied team mates a good slap in the previous 2 seasons then.

I can't see that. I think he's thinking more of a medium level European team that is regularly in the Champions League.
Yep. Bit like when his dad moved to Sporting Lisbon (albeit they're not Champions League regulars, but Porto/Benfica would do it).

Combine the two and it would seem to tell you more about the whole defence than anything else.

I saw him and Maddison get in a bit of a shouting match in the second half against Chelsea. Hard to read too much into it given the overall level of performance, but not something I recall seeing much before.

Kasper pulled off a good save from Chilwell - other than that, it was a pretty poor performance by his standards

Nominated for Fifa best goalkeeper.

Apparently they are just waiting for confirmation from BR as to whether it is legit or whether he was just overachieving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566