Inter match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had 'Johnny no stars' in the west stand, he found it amazing that my old man wanted a glass for his wine.
I know, who the feck drinks wine at the footy, but still, got to keep the old boy sweet, inheritance to think of y'know....:icon_lol:

Only kidding about the burgers Durham, thought you'd lost a few pounds to be fair.
We'll have that trophy next 5 a side tourny:038:

i agree with durham you did look well last night Mk quite tanned and yet you havent been away yet :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:
Check you out...
Get to feck with yer spray...:icon_lol:

Time spent tending the veg and the garden in the glorious English summer, nothing else...

Last edited:
fcukcov said:
Also why do they take the caps off bottles for some games but not for others? It seems to be every other game that they do it for.

Memory Deficiency Syndrome!

MKFox said:
:icon_lol:
Check you out...
Get to feck with yer spray...:icon_lol:

Time spent tending the veg and the garden in the gloriuos English summer, nothing else...
You were looking very................'dalewinton'

Leigh said:
Was a bit like watching a match last season under Levein, good build up but nothing from the strikers. Dublin looked knackered and De Vries doesn't seem to have changed at all. Sheehan was probably the best player for me, Stearman also looked good when he came on. Canero didn't look tubby to me, so that's that rumour gone. Johansson and Gerrbrand were good but Sylla seemed a bit hit-and-miss, and also a bit selfish. I'd heard that Williams was better in the Celtic match, but tonight he was just his same anonymous self to me. Henderson will be ok back-up but his kicking isn't the best. O'Grady didn't really impress me despite scoring the pen.

Can't believe the powers that be decided to give the whole of the North Stand to Inter when they only brought about 150 fans. There wasn't a hostile atmosphere for the Inter players from our supporters, and every one of their seven substitutions got clapped.

Oh, and Levi Porter is teeny weenie!!!

I thought we played well first half and probably looked a better team overall than Inter. Second half wasn't very good though, we didn't get into the game at all.

De Vries was better than the end of last year, his touch and hold up play was good, a few turns were quality but he desperately needs to score quickly this season, and a couple at home would be very helpful.

But as ever, you can't tell anything about how we will do from pre season, under O'Neill we used to be crap pre-season and then go unbeaten in the first 6 games and then under Adams we used to look decent in pre season and be shite from then on.

from today's Guardian:

The Guardian had this to say:
"Inter's stars opt to stay away

Leicester 1 - 2 Internazionale
O'Grady 87pen; Solari 27, Choutos 32

Richard Rae at Walkers Stadium
Tuesday July 26, 2005
The Guardian

The round of applause greeting the Internazionale team which trotted out to warm up last night was, in the circumstances, remarkably polite. Perhaps the Leicester City faithful, poring over their programmes, were busy trying to work out who was who; 10 of the players about whom the "Tonight's Visitors" pages waxed lyrical were not even in the country, let alone on the pitch.

At least the fans had the satisfaction of seeing Henry, the elderly huntsman whose ear-splitting rendition of the Post-Horn Gallop is a feature of Leicester's pre-match entertainment, put the wind up Santiago Solari. Inter's midfield recruit from Real Madrid was exercising when Henry's opening blast rent the air a few feet away. Solari's expression after he returned to earth was that of a man who clearly thought the hunting ban had not gone far enough.

It would be quicker to list those Inter players who stayed in Italy than those who braved the East Midlands drizzle and won to reward their coach Roberto Mancini, a former Leicester striker. Braved is the operative word, after the Serie A side called off their four-match English tour following the terrorist attacks in London, before being persuaded by the politicians such a move might be seen as lacking backbone.
Whether the threat of compensation demands from Leicester, Norwich, Crystal Palace and Portsmouth was a factor remains a matter of speculation, though judging by their performance in the early stages here, the 14,567 fans might still have been thinking about making a claim.

Without Francesco Toldo, Adriano, Kily Gonzalez, Ivan Cordoba, Juan Sebastian Veron, Javier Zanetti and Edgar Davids, Inter were initially second best. In fairness only one or two of their players had "personal concerns" about travelling, according to Mancini, and several are scheduled to travel today.

"From Milan to Rome and to London or wherever else, the risk of terrorism is the same," said Mancini. "There is no fear, in fact we are happy to be here."

After 90 seconds Peter Canero was cautioned for kicking Matteo Momente halfway into next week and Alan Sheehan followed him into the book for a similarly crude upending of Giorgos Karagounis. Leicester dominated midfield, and better strikers than Dion Dublin and the hapless Mark De Vries would have helped themselves.

Unlike Leicester, Inter could finish. Having decided to get involved they scored with their first two chances. Solari ran from midfield to beat Paul Henderson and then Lambros Choutos drove home . An 86th- minute penalty from the substitute Chris O'Grady made the scoreline look better for the hosts."

There were positives and negatives last night.

NEGATIVES
- Strikers. De Vries and Dublin are too similar, also De Vries skilled himself twice without touching the ball.
- Marking. They scored twice from lazy marking.
- Movement. Terrible
- Canero. Morphed into a 14 stone Senior League player.
- Youngsters. Very raw.

POSITIVES
- Defence. Looked decent.
- Will we have play a side that good again.
- Sylla. He looked ideal for crosses.
- Teamwork. At least they are working together.
- That wasnt our first choice side.
- Nice new yellow kit which gets shiner has we play.

Where I was sitting we had some lad about 14. We was talking about that Yugoslavian centre back Mihajilovic. I kept misprounce it like Milosevic. He suddenly butted in our conversation and rolled off about ten facts about him with determined grit.

Then I said Canero looks like Rogers on the size of him, he butted what you going on about.

Then we seen Gilbert in the posh seats. And he gave us all the information on when he has joining and have his medical.

It was like having a Stat-O-Robot in front of us.

Hazzman said:
There were positives and negatives last night.

NEGATIVES
- Strikers. De Vries and Dublin are too similar, also De Vries skilled himself twice without touching the ball.
- Marking. They scored twice from lazy marking.
- Movement. Terrible
- Canero. Morphed into a 14 stone Senior League player.
- Youngsters. Very raw.

POSITIVES
- Defence. Looked decent.
- Will we have play a side that good again.
- Sylla. He looked ideal for crosses.
- Teamwork. At least they are working together.
- That wasnt our first choice side.
- Nice new yellow kit which gets shiner has we play.

Where I was sitting we had some lad about 14. We was talking about that Yugoslavian centre back Mihajilovic. I kept misprounce it like Milosevic. He suddenly butted in our conversation and rolled off about ten facts about him with determined grit.

Then I said Canero looks like Rogers on the size of him, he butted what you going on about.

Then we seen Gilbert in the posh seats. And he gave us all the information on when he has joining and have his medical.

It was like having a Stat-O-Robot in front of us.

He sounds like a charming child. :confused: :confused: :icon_roll :icon_wink

Steven said:
He sounds like a charming child. :confused: :confused: :icon_roll :icon_wink

I think he may have had autism thinking about it because I know that children that suffer from autism have one particular hobby which they go nuts about. He had a spaz about Chris O' Grady as well even though he didnt play well. He kept saying to his brother, 'There's something about him.'

Yes hes shite.

Hazzman said:
NEGATIVES
- De Vries skilled himself twice without touching the ball.

Pardon?

i wont ask where bf :icon_lol: talking of last night the atmosphere was absolutely banging :rolleyes:

Did their fans have any flares?

Yorkshire Vixen said:
no i think they had jeans on :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

:081: :081: :081:

What colour pants have you got on today? :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690