interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melton Fox said:
No fook 'em. Emile maybe, you can't turn Liverpool down. Izzet, fook him, IMO he is guilty of jumping ship, leave the kunt stranded when his next ship goes down

8 or 9 years loyal service not enough for you. :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_roll

Melton Fox said:
No fook 'em. Emile maybe, you can't turn Liverpool down. Izzet, fook him, IMO he is guilty of jumping ship, leave the kunt stranded when his next ship goes down

I suppose O'Neill jumped ship as well then?... and Lennon?... Ridiculous to suggest that Muzzy gave anything less than his all for this club every time he played for us and stayed with us a lot longer than the vast majority of players nowadays.

On the Heskey issue, I know everyone says he's shit now and his England / Liverpool / Birmingham performances support that, but he really was quality when he was with us. I don't know where it all went wrong for him...

But they're the past and I'm becoming more confident about the current players as our future every week. I hope Mr. Kelly manages to continue to bring out their potential as he seems to have done so far.

Steven said:
8 or 9 years loyal service not enough for you. :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_roll

I'd have both of them back,not going to happen though...yet.

Melton Fox said:

:038: :038: :038: dead guilty... He got paid well for the years he was here, in fact he got paid well over the odds, so much over in fact that no fooker could afford him while he was signed to us!
Even when he had the chance to go to Birmingham he didnt, he signed a pre contract and sucked another six months pay out of us and denied the club either a fee or the saving of his wages.

A tricky one......

Undoubtedly he gave 100% on the pitch whilst at Leicester and must go down as one our our best players of the last twenty years but he did do rather well out of us.

When we were in the mire he could have gone to Boro and perhaps Villa and saved us a shed load of cash we could have done with, but instead he was "loyal" to Leicester and of course his bank balance...

I guess we would have all done the same...:102:

Fox From The Hudd said:
A tricky one......

Undoubtedly he gave 100% on the pitch whilst at Leicester and must go down as one our our best players of the last twenty years but he did do rather well out of us.

When we were in the mire he could have gone to Boro and perhaps Villa and saved us a shed load of cash we could have done with, but instead he was "loyal" to Leicester and of course his bank balance...

good post

Fox From The Hudd said:
A tricky one......

The Villa and Boro deals matched his deal at Leicester, but with one big exception. At Leicester we just paid him the wedge, at Villa and Boro it was a basic, plus money for appearances, performance, points and win bonuses etc. If he was "loyal" he would not have gone to them in the first place.

Brauny Blue said:
Feckin agents:mad:

Fully agree there BB....... The game must get rid of agents before it can move on IMO. We virtually had Jason Roberts in the bag a few seasons back when he was at West Brom. Everything had been settled just needed a medical and a signature.
His feckin agent, that twat Cyril Regis got a better deal from Portsmouth. Not for the player, the terms were the same but the agents fee was better. By the time they got to Leicester for the medical, he had persuaded Roberts to join Portsmouth. The only one who gained out of that one was Regis, Roberts also had to move house....

Boy Genius said:
Fully agree there BB....... The game must get rid of agents before it can move on IMO. We virtually had Jason Roberts in the bag a few seasons back when he was at West Brom. Everything had been settled just needed a medical and a signature.
His feckin agent, that twat Cyril Regis got a better deal from Portsmouth. Not for the player, the terms were the same but the agents fee was better. By the time they got to Leicester for the medical, he had persuaded Roberts to join Portsmouth. The only one who gained out of that one was Regis, Roberts also had to move house....

Wow I had no idea of that! What a shame.....

Boy Genius said:

Cyrile Regis is his uncle as well!

Boy Genius said:
The Villa and Boro deals matched his deal at Leicester, but with one big exception. At Leicester we just paid him the wedge, at Villa and Boro it was a basic, plus money for appearances, performance, points and win bonuses etc. If he was "loyal" he would not have gone to them in the first place.

He was in a difficult situation though we gave him and Matt Elliott "free transfers" you will recall. We actualy wanted them to leave to get rid of the wages. Talking to other clubs was perversely what we wanted him to do...

alex said:
Wow I had no idea of that! What a shame.....

Dont get me going on about agents......

One thing that angers me is agents fees. Now an agent comes in to thrash out the terms of a contract, to get the best for his "client". Now when I have solicitors working stuff out for me the feckers bone me up the arse where payment is concerned. In football the club pay the agents fee, not the player himself.
This is proved by when we went into admin. We were forced into it by Wise's agent Eric Hall. The club owed him £117,500 thats £100,000 plus VAT. Now why did we owe him that, why did Wise not have to pay it. He acted on behalf of Wise not us, but we still got the bill...... this gets me very angry as they are in a win win situation....feckers...:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Fox From The Hudd said:
Cyrile Regis is his uncle as well!

I know, and he shafted him to a certain degree. I bet he didnt help with his moving expenses

Boy Genius said:
:038: :038: :038: dead guilty... He got paid well for the years he was here, in fact he got paid well over the odds, so much over in fact that no fooker could afford him while he was signed to us!
Even when he had the chance to go to Birmingham he didnt, he signed a pre contract and sucked another six months pay out of us and denied the club either a fee or the saving of his wages.

Yes - one of the myths about LCFC is to often portray Muzzy as a saint.

The realities are:

1. He was an exceptional player for the club.

2. All his key decisions were very much in his own interest...and why not indeed?

The only other feature worth mentioning is that i that he turned out a few times in Mickey's promotion season when he was less than recovered from injuries and this may well have contributed to his on-going injury problems over the last couple of seasons.

Redditch Fox said:
Yes - one of the myths about LCFC is to often portray Muzzy as a saint.

The realities are:

1. He was an exceptional player for the club.

2. All his key decisions were very much in his own interest...and why not indeed?

The only other feature worth mentioning is that i that he turned out a few times in Mickey's promotion season when he was less than recovered from injuries and this may well have contributed to his on-going injury problems over the last couple of seasons.

I know what you mean as they are professionals and that is what they get paid to do and very well too may I add.
His loyalty was to himself and not the club, I dont have a problem with that.

Forgot the money side but 9 years of service for one club in this current Football climate is good going. Izzet wasnt a saint but he was professional. There wasnt many games where he was absolute shit for us, never made a bad comment about the club unlike like some.

I also read that agents had a massive part to play in Izzet leaving.
Also for the fact, that he left that season to actually finally serve himself.

Money did play a part but I dont think Izzet was a slave to money. It looks now his best years will always of been at Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669