ipad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vodka

where do i buy an ipad, not an ipad2, an ipad

not a xoom or anything else, an ipad

and i know i can go ebay too for secondhand ones. i mean first hand

ta

ah both good calls (as kelkoo leads to refurbed ones)

they haven't got the 16gb in stock (shame at £280) but i might just get the 32gb for £339

cheers all

Last edited:
i'm going for the ipad 1 because the missus won't need any of the new stuff (or indeed gigabytes)

but...am tempted to just get the ipad2 16 GB anyways

oh, got an ipad2

all i've done is set it up and get the iplayer app

cheeky beggars wanting credit card details, even though i'm not buying anything

any app recommendations?

oh, got an ipad2

all i've done is set it up and get the iplayer app

cheeky beggars wanting credit card details, even though i'm not buying anything

any app recommendations?

Just seen that sky will be giving free access (for Sky Sports subscribers) to their Sky Mobile TV from 6th July. The quality is good on the iPhone so I expect it will be better on the iPad.

Currently looking at buying an Ipad2 still unsure on the 32Gb or 64Gb and whether to get Wifi or 3G.

Just wondering what others have gone for and what offers have been available. I have home Wifi and usually don't find it too difficult to find a place that has free Wifi, so to save money would perhaps be looking not to get the 3G. I have been told once you buy your Ipad it's then impossible to upgrade to a 3G plan?

Anyone gone for any of the alternatives and found them comparable?

I bought it with 3G and I doubt I'll ever use it to be honest, so in hindsight I should have gone for just the Wifi one. That said, as you say, you can't upgrade to 3G later without replacing it altogether, so if you're thinking of using it you might want to consider it.

Last edited:
Thanks Swede. Still undecided, it's actually a gift so couldn't start a plan in someone's name.

What size did you go for. I'm thinking 32Gb not sure if this will be enough.

I bought it with 3G and I doubt I'll ever use it to be honest

I bought a netbook last year and most of the places I've wanted to use it have had no wifi, or if they've had wifi it's not been free. The only place I've been able to use free wifi is at motorway services.

I've been buying cheap prepaid broadband sims from ebay so it's cost me around £4 a month for internet access.

Thanks Swede. Still undecided, it's actually a gift so couldn't start a plan in someone's name.

What size did you go for. I'm thinking 32Gb not sure if this will be enough.

I have the 32GB one; it's more than enough for me as I use Spotify Premium for all my music, apps don't really take up that much space and I can remove the films and load new ones onto it once I've seen them. But again, other people might have other uses for it.

I'm probably not best suited to give advice on this as I only use it sporadically and I only bought it because I got a bit of extra cash. Wouldn't have bought it now (but I'm sure it's very useful to a lot of people).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570