iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the problems Bob?
With reports of some batteries expiring after 45 minutes and 18 month contracts hand-cuffing you to a phone where battery life degredation will impact on usability even if intial function is fine - I'm not convinced that life with the iPhone will be fine in the future.

A second generation iPhone may tempt me, once they've ironed out problems but by then there will be a whole host of competing phones dragging down the contract period and overall cost.

Not the phone for me at the moment: List of problems identified so far

I'm more than happy with my N95. :)
Truly the King of Phones! :023:

Its just a shite fashion accessory. Went into the O2 shop to mess with one and whilst the screen was impressive I thought it was too difficult to navigate round and annoying to text with.

With reports of some batteries expiring after 45 minutes and 18 month contracts hand-cuffing you to a phone where battery life degredation will impact on usability even if intial function is fine - I'm not convinced that life with the iPhone will be fine in the future.

A second generation iPhone may tempt me, once they've ironed out problems but by then there will be a whole host of competing phones dragging down the contract period and overall cost.

Not the phone for me at the moment: List of problems identified so far

Truly the King of Phones! :023:

The only battery related problem I can see is that IF theres a problem with it it has to be replaced by Apple rather than just buying a new battery

The only battery related problem I can see is that IF theres a problem with it it has to be replaced by Apple rather than just buying a new battery
Your call.

I don't go in for the whole 'my phone is better than your phone' thing...but both phones piss on the P1.

Right Carl? :icon_lol::icon_bigg

Your call.

I don't go in for the whole 'my phone is better than your phone' thing...but both phones piss on the P1.

Right Carl? :icon_lol::icon_bigg

I was hoping to establish wether you actually knew of battery problems with the iPhone :)

Its just a shite fashion accessory. Went into the O2 shop to mess with one and whilst the screen was impressive I thought it was too difficult to navigate round and annoying to text with.

Too difficult to navigate round? you just press the home button (the only physical key on it) from anywhere and then simply select a different application.

The keyboard software actually learns your typing mistakes and makes allowances, for instance it will put a larger 'hit' area around certain keys if you regularly miss hit them, the word auto-correction facility is amazing. After two weeks use they reckon it's very difficult to enter a wrong word by mistake.

The keyboard software actually learns your typing mistakes and makes allowances, for instance it will put a larger 'hit' area around certain keys if you regularly miss hit them, the word auto-correction facility is amazing. After two weeks use they reckon it's very difficult to enter a wrong word by mistake.
I think we all know somebody who could rubbish that statement if they had hold of it for a month :icon_lol:

How will a later release of the phone address the 18 month contract?

I'm in an 18 month contract now. I've had the same contract for the last 3 years I think so there really is no down side as I get more minutes/texts for having 18 months and I don't need a new phone every 12 months.

Not an answer to your question, I just realised, just my two pence worth

Me too, I would rather pay say £200-£250 for the phone (if it had a bigger hard drive) and then just have it on a generic contract.

Like with everything, given time, the price will drop!! ;)

Me too, I would rather pay say £200-£250 for the phone (if it had a bigger hard drive) and then just have it on a generic contract.

Like with everything, given time, the price will drop!! ;)

So you want the phone to be cheaper with a biger hard drive and on a standard contract? :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363