iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an Octavia for three years - one of the best cars I ever had in terms of extras, value for money and above all, performance.

Surprised a few boy racers at the lights I can tell you.

You shouldn't flash at traffic lights no matter what you are driving

I heard the iphone wasn't bluetooth compatible. Is that true?

It is Bluetooth compatible, I hooked up to my Bluetooth handsfree in 3 seconds, the only issue is that there are no compatible Bluetooth headphones currently available (I guess that will change pretty quickly). Battery life from a full charge is 2-3 days (with wi-fi switched on and plenty of calls made).

Last edited:
It is Bluetooth compatible, I hooked up to my Bluetooth handsfree in 3 seconds, the only issue is that there are no compatible Bluetooth headphones available. Battery life from a full charge is 2-3 days (with wi-fi switched on and plenty of calls made).

I bought one yesterday. How long did you charge it for on first charge?? Mine would only take charge for about an hour before it was fully charged :icon_conf

I bought one yesterday. How long did you charge it for on first charge?? Mine would only take charge for about an hour before it was fully charged :icon_conf

They ship it with 40% so you can use it straight from the box.

I'd recommend running the battery all the way down within the first few days (so it switches off automatically (it wont do it any harm)) then leave it in the cradle charging overnight.

You'll see the battery symbol will contain a plug icon if you have full charge. If you use your computer connection to charge the phone make sure you leave it fully on, and not in sleep mode as this will cut off the power to the USB port and actually drain the battery, as the phone continually tries to go into the charge cycle.

I'd recommend running the battery all the way down within the first few days (so it switches off automatically (it wont do it any harm)) then leave it in the cradle charging overnight.

You'll see the battery symbol will contain a plug icon if you have full charge. If you use your computer connection to charge the phone make sure you leave it fully on, and not in sleep mode as this will cut off the power to the USB port and actually drain the battery, as the phone continually tries to go into the charge cycle.

Unbeleivably good piece of kit.

Had a play with one the other day, very nice although i think they've missed a trick with a few features.

We're going for blackberrys at work now, so teh iphone is out of the window.

It is Bluetooth compatible, I hooked up to my Bluetooth handsfree in 3 seconds, the only issue is that there are no compatible Bluetooth headphones currently available (I guess that will change pretty quickly). Battery life from a full charge is 2-3 days (with wi-fi switched on and plenty of calls made).

Headsets are for taxi drivers & nutjobs, don't care about them.
Can you transfer files via bluetooth?

Nicer camera, touch feedback on the screen, 3G. I'm not saying i dislike it but i think to be a real killer it needs those apps.

Nicer camera, touch feedback on the screen, 3G. I'm not saying i dislike it but i think to be a real killer it needs those apps.

Camera is actually very sharp considering its only 2Mpx but agreed 5 might have been nice. What do you mean by touch feedback?

How are you finding 'edge' reception Ox?

i wonder who's will be the first to break!

Can't be long before one of theirs breaks, going to be just like the ipod in that respect I think.

I would never buy anything with Apple - they make you use o2 on the phone, and there is no way of adding music to ipods without itunes.

How are you finding 'edge' reception Ox?
I have perfect "edge" reception where I live.

Pointless really as I'm only ever a few metres away from either a pc or a laptop when at home.

I have perfect "edge" reception where I live.

Pointless really as I'm only ever a few metres away from either a pc or a laptop when at home.

Well quite. Currently cant get anything in my present location but thats no suprise as its bandit territory.

I think the new LG Viewty has a slight buzz when you touch the screen to confirm a button press.

I have just got myself an Ipod Touch as i love the design. Word is that there will be a V2 coming out in 2008 typical Apple style, new model every year. If they address those things i'd contemplate getting one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363