ipod

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummindefender

for some reason it looks like last night my ipod broke-when i tried to put a new track on (that i have legally downloaded!) whenever i tried to play it on my ipod through the computer it froze, and then on the ipod itself it froze. However as a individual file on the pc it worked fine. So i deleted it of the ipod and tried to put it back on. However my pc will now not recognise my ipod saying i need to restore it to factory settings (yeh right) and none of my music is now on there-i think its broke :icon_cry:

drummindefender said:
for some reason it looks like last night my ipod broke-when i tried to put a new track on (that i have legally downloaded!) whenever i tried to play it on my ipod through the computer it froze, and then on the ipod itself it froze. However as a individual file on the pc it worked fine. So i deleted it of the ipod and tried to put it back on. However my pc will now not recognise my ipod saying i need to restore it to factory settings (yeh right) and none of my music is now on there-i think its broke :icon_cry:

I wish I could help but all this new fangled technology is beyond me. :icon_conf :icon_conf

Most iPod problems can be solved by a reset:

1. connect it to a power source i.e. AC adaptor or firewire cable

2. if it's a 2003 or later model slide the "Hold" switch off and on again

3. Press the Menu and Play/Pause buttons simultaneously. Hold them down until you see the Apple logo

Hopefully it will go through a boot sequence and you'll back to the main menu

Last edited:
but will it delete my music off my ipod? For some reason now itunes wont recognise it when i connect it to my pc, and as i say no music is on there by the looks of it-im so annoyed :icon_eek:

drummindefender said:
but will it delete my music off my ipod? For some reason now itunes wont recognise it when i connect it to my pc, and as i say no music is on there by the looks of it-im so annoyed :icon_eek:

All your music should be held on itunes therefore it doesnt matter if it gets wiped from the iPod. The next time you hook it up iTunes will transfer everything back!!

drummindefender said:

Thats what happens when you download 'Margaret Thatchers Ten Best Speeches' DD:icon_wink

highland fox said:
Thats what happens when you download 'Margaret Thatchers Ten Best Speeches' DD:icon_wink

How do you know? :icon_lol:

joe501 said:
ahh whats wrong with a zen???

That's like saying what's the difference between nylon and silk.

highland fox said:

She doesn't have "Ten Best Speeches". ;)

Ox Fox said:
That's like saying what's the difference between nylon and silk.

:icon_lol: No it's not you egit!

Soy you are saying that if someone asked you "What's wrong with a zen" you'd say "it's a lot tougher and cheaper, it's not something only girls wear and it's not made by worms?"

:icon_lol:

mitcho_uk said:
Slightly off topic but why when you are posting do you provide links to the ipod/apple websites etc? I have also noticed it being done for trainline.

it's one of webbo's helpful *annoying* little features ;)

joe501 said:
it's one of webbo's helpful *annoying* little features ;)

Webbo loves his residual income. Fair enough IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566