Post Match Ipswich 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
no momentum at a crucial stage of the season. no team is doing a 'reading' so if we had been consistent, we would be comfortable in second. i was told by somebody 'in the game' that our manager is not rated tactically. he is not considered particularly 'bright'. does this manifest itself in our poor away form ? on the day that we announce huge losses and the intention of the owners to, in effect, write off massive amounts to fit in with ffp, i suspect that no promotion having been second after xmas will result in a change of manager come the summer.

It's still far from over, 2 home games coming up so good chance for back to back wins and to then put is in a good position to inflict Cardiff's 4th defeat in a row.

It's good to have optimists on the forum. It gives the rest of us a sense of how realistic we are.

Last edited:
Clearly need to change the colour of the first team strip and the club name to something with more Argh in it.

Just checked and we're actually only 21 points clear of relegation. Forest could send us down on the last day!

So I wonder what reason Pearson has for not going for the win not keen on Vardy of late but I am sure Waghorn could have been more use.
As usual it was Knocky and Marshall swopped with Dyer and Gallagher.

Just checked and we're actually only 21 points clear of relegation. Forest could send us down on the last day!

It's also good to have pessimists on the forum.

Last edited:
The away form shows a tactical weakness, no two ways to slice that. Still, lets see if Nige has anything up his sleeve now that the second spot looks increasingly desperate.

We win the rest, we go up. If only they were all home games.

Pearson on:

Shouldn't have lost but off the ball incidents have effected the result - Chopra & Murphy on Wes.

Not happy with Wes' booking.

Had enough chances to win and unfortunate to lose.

Really not happy with both incidents on Wes.

Gives them credit for defending well.

We weren't really overstretched at the back but weren't good enough in their box.

Still fully confident of the squad.

Working very hard as a club to make sure long term future of the club is stable.

Owners in it for the long haul.

Says our squad now has a lot more assets than when he joined.

In a much better position now and moving wage structure to a realistic level.

Bye Bye second. Play offs it is.

Last edited:
Pearson on:

Shouldn't have lost but off the ball incidents have effected the result - Chopra & Murphy on Wes.

Not happy with Wes' booking.

Had enough chances to win and unfortunate to lose.

Really not happy with both incidents on Wes.

Gives them credit for defending well.

We weren't really overstretched at the back but weren't good enough in their box.

Still fully confident of the squad.

Working very hard as a club to make sure long term future of the club is stable.

Owners in it for the long haul.

Says our squad now has a lot more assets than when he joined.

In a much better position now and moving wage structure to a realistic level.

Hope they remembered to press the stop button..

It's still far from over, 2 home games coming up so good chance for back to back wins and to then put is in a good position to inflict Cardiff's 4th defeat in a row.

It's good to have optimists on the forum. It gives the rest of us a sense of how realistic we are.

Dillusionist more like. His sentence makes no sense at all.

Has anyone else considered the possibility of Florist away on the last day being a play off place decider? And we know what our record there is like.

Unusually, some pretty good callers into RL after the game I too. Several decent fans, all making basically the same points about lack of consistency, NP tactics, no plan b, poor away from home, etc.

It's not rocket science is it, despite being beyond our glorious leader.

My opinion on our chances is - we're a decent enough side. Though as we seem to struggle against the shittest teams in the division we're probably going to miss the automatic spots. Fortunately we're unlikely to be placed against one of the bottom 6/7 teams in the playoffs so hope is there. At the start of the season I'd have taken a playoff lottery so can't complain if it happens.

Has anyone else considered the possibility of Florist away on the last day being a play off place decider? And we know what our record there is like.

Unusually, some pretty good callers into RL after the game I too. Several decent fans, all making basically the same points about lack of consistency, NP tactics, no plan b, poor away from home, etc.

It's not rocket science is it, despite being beyond our glorious leader.

It's amazing the league isn't overrun with such talented future managers considering they have it all sorted out.

We are all going to have to seat tight on this and just await the outcome. It's likely we will reach the playoffs and then its a mini competition.

I'd say we are really missing experience in our squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669