Post Match Ipswich 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Near miss in the play offs Pearson gets the boot and Colin gets the job and takes us up I had a dream .

yet again a loss to a crap team but with a bully in centre midfield, will NP never learn

Our midfield is very weak, one paced and lazy. NP needs to give SAF a call and point out he's had one of our players for a bit and should lend us one of his for the rest of the season.

I didn't hear the post match interview with Pearson and I haven't read any posts in this thread, but I imagine It was the usual bollocks he feeds us.

I said before the game that a win should be the aim here, but also that a draw would not be that bad, a defeat is totally shite, and I really do fear for us in the play-off games if we cannot man up and grow some bollocks away from home soon.

Plan B, yea right.....

will NP never learn

I doubt it, he has had a very long time to 'learn' but seems totally incapable, then again he is a stubborn ****er so maybe he isn't interested in learning.

Yet again we seem to have been "bullied" into a loss. It seems when we play a team that wants to play football we have every chance of 3 points, but when we play a team that wants to defend and play physical we rarely get anything. Living in the USA and unfortunately unable to see many games in person, I am relying on TV appearances and Radio Leicester commentary. Am I speaking out of order here ?

I don't have the stats to hand but how many bottom 7 teams have beaten us this season, particularly away.

We have been sussed months ago. How the feck we seem unable to adapt is beyond me.

This will ultimately cost us promotion now, via the play offs because any of 3-6th will do their homework and suss our nice soft underbelly.

Truly embarrassing.

For those who missed it; Plymouth won 2-1 against Barnet

No sorry Blaarev I put that badly. I meant how many away games against the bottom 7 (at the time of playing them) have we lost?

No sorry Blaarev I put that badly. I meant how many away games against the bottom 7 (at the time of playing them) have we lost?
Some

Actually I think it's only 2 as Wolves were higher in the table when we lost to them. Not sure about Charlton

Last edited:
I don't know what has happened to screw up the good football we were playing, but I do know that we will not get automatic promotion this season and the way we are playing we will be lucky if we are in the play offs

Had we won we would all be very happy. One loss and some are calling it season over. There are more twists to come but I fear some thing special is needed for promotion this year.

Had we won we would all be very happy. One loss and some are calling it season over. There are more twists to come but I fear some thing special is needed for promotion this year.
Nothing new there.
But there's no denial that our February and March (so far) form doesn't indicate Premier League football at KP Stadium next season.

Yet again we seem to have been "bullied" into a loss. It seems when we play a team that wants to play football we have every chance of 3 points, but when we play a team that wants to defend and play physical we rarely get anything. Living in the USA and unfortunately unable to see many games in person, I am relying on TV appearances and Radio Leicester commentary. Am I speaking out of order here ?

Nope, that sounds about right. we have no response to teams that want to stop our passing game and, ultimately, that has been our undoing. NP is unable to change the way that we play so we end up with no way to change the game and go and get the points. Teams know how to stop us safe n the knowlege that we can't change our game to counteract anything they do.

I didn't hear the post match interview with Pearson and I haven't read any posts in this thread, but I imagine It was the usual bollocks he feeds us.

It was exactly the same interview that he gives after every defeat. We should have won, had chances, we were the better team, ref ****ed us, no reason to re-think anything, back to work, etc. It's clear that nothing will ever be his fault. As is usual in his interviews, he batted any even slightly challenging question back in a pig-headed and arrogant way.

People continue to make extraordinary allowances for him. How many times do we need to display the same vulnerabilities and do absolutely nothing about them? How many more times should we be expected to accept chronic inconsistency from his players as normal? As someone utterly defeated by his management, some solace can be sought from the probability that it will be over in a couple of months. For me, managers such as Nigel Adkins or Owen Coyle would be much more likely to deliver promotion. What a waste of a potentially open door to the Premier League this season is likely to be.

The worst of it is that he's got some things absolutely right. Walsh's recruitment policy is basically sound*. The use of sports science as a method for determining fitness levels is good. He can clearly mould a small, tight group of players by being very black or white about those he likes and those he doesn't. He has reduced our wage bill in a pretty logical way. But then he fecks it all up with glaringly obvious weaknesses and doesn't indicate any potential to develop. He's exactly the same manager he was four years ago despite loads more experience. NP will always be an extremely average manager of suitably limited value. As soon as he's done his 'thing', he's pointless.

*One comment from a caller on RL seemed quite sound. That is, that NP signs inconsistent players. With the obvious and notable exception of Wes Morgan, pretty much all his signings blow hot and cold. Aside from WM, our most consistent performers this season are Schmeichel, Konchesky and Nugent. SW/NP signings tend to be players that can play well, but can also be awful. Part of this can be explained by signing mainly younger players, but it is a valid point.

Never mind, roll on the next game. We'll be fine.

It was exactly the same interview that he gives after every defeat. We should have won, had chances, we were the better team, ref ****ed us, no reason to re-think anything, back to work, etc. It's clear that nothing will ever be his fault. As is usual in his interviews, he batted any even slightly challenging question back in a pig-headed and arrogant way.

People continue to make extraordinary allowances for him. How many times do we need to display the same vulnerabilities and do absolutely nothing about them? How many more times should we be expected to accept chronic inconsistency from his players as normal? As someone utterly defeated by his management, some solace can be sought from the probability that it will be over in a couple of months. For me, managers such as Nigel Adkins or Owen Coyle would be much more likely to deliver promotion. What a waste of a potentially open door to the Premier League this season is likely to be.

The worst of it is that he's got some things absolutely right. Walsh's recruitment policy is basically sound*. The use of sports science as a method for determining fitness levels is good. He can clearly mould a small, tight group of players by being very black or white about those he likes and those he doesn't. He has reduced our wage bill in a pretty logical way. But then he fecks it all up with glaringly obvious weaknesses and doesn't indicate any potential to develop. He's exactly the same manager he was four years ago despite loads more experience. NP will always be an extremely average manager of suitably limited value. As soon as he's done his 'thing', he's pointless.

*One comment from a caller on RL seemed quite sound. That is, that NP signs inconsistent players. With the obvious and notable exception of Wes Morgan, pretty much all his signings blow hot and cold. Aside from WM, our most consistent performers this season are Schmeichel, Konchesky and Nugent. SW/NP signings tend to be players that can play well, but can also be awful. Part of this can be explained by signing mainly younger players, but it is a valid point.

All thought I think often your posts make sense, Pearson although having the chance to GUIs us to automatic has still put us in a good position for the playoffs. For me, a manager doesn't have to win everything, and at this level, I would expect to have a manager who has faults.

11 defeats is too many and I think automatic promotion went out of the window some weeks ago. We generally seem to fade at the business end of the season and it couldn't be much clearer that the sides with enough physical capability expect to take points of us - home or away.

I'm not that confident that we will make the play offs and if we do I'm not convinced that we have the sort of side that would do well in the play offs environment. My mind keeps going back to Pearson's negative strategy in the first (and home) leg of the Cardiff play off semi final last time round. It was that that stuffed off and the heroic performance in the away leg wasn't quite enough to repair the damage.

I know that managers tend to have limited repertoires when it comes to excuses/ reasons in post match interviews following defeats - but nothing Pearson says inspires me with any confidence that he learns much from set backs.

My punt is that Pearson is now approaching his final couple of months at the KP. I can't say that this fills me with either pleasure or regret. At the end of the day we will be most likely be bringing in another guy to a club saddled with ever oncreasing debt and the wrong balance in the squad to achieve ultimate success in the hurly burly of this division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669