Post Match Ipswich 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redditch/BN came with a reasoned posts on this topic

Agreed, their points are generally made in a measured and sensible manner, regardless of how much I disagree with them.

I'm really not sure what Pearson did wrong yesterday. He picked the same team that basically anyone would have picked, his substitutions were effective and made a positive impact, we did easily enough to win the game, but we didn't put our chances away. And in his post-match interview, he correctly described the wes incidents and said we'd not get too down about the result. As Hazz said, we're having our best season in ages and the vast majority would have taken 5th at this point in the season and have thought a good job was being done.

I thought it was obvious? Warnock manages Leeds who've had an average season at best.

Yes, never let us get bogged down with the moment when the overall picture is so different!

Eh? Does that even make sense to you?

You are picking the current situation at Leeds with Warnock and inferring that is representative of his management career to date.

Clear enough?

You are picking the current situation at Leeds with Warnock and inferring that is representative of his management career to date.

Clear enough?

Yes, now you've used real sentences. How many teams has he got promoted from this division? How many in the last 5 years?

Three in total, I believe. Notts County, Sheffield United, QPR. One of those in the last five years, the others 2006 and 1991 respectively. He has won promotion from other levels with Scarborough, Huddersfield Town, and Plymouth Argyle. Whatever anybody wants to say about the bloke he knows how get a team promoted. If there was a vacancy here I'd take him quite happily. He wouldn't be my first choice though.

I wonder how many of the other top 6 teams are debating their next manager's merits.

Exactly my point. Mental.

Yep, incredible.

At the minute, in his second full season with us, Pearson is on course to guide us to a second finish in the top 6; way beyond what any other manager has done for us since Micky Adams.

I wonder how many of the other top 6 teams are debating their next manager's merits.

If he gets us promoted then I would agree. As very few Managers have loyalty to a club and vice versa it is not unreasonable to assume that IF we fail in our bid for promotion this year then our owners would look to see if there is a better manager out there as an option.

So in that instance and given his spend, perfectly understandable.

Sorry, missed my last point Graz. If he archived a top six with little investment then it would indeed be a good return.

But based on what he has spent I would have thought that the owners were expecting automatic promotion and if we fail that and are forced through the play offs then winning that would be the expectation.

Anything outside of the above would I believe be deemed as failure.

If he gets us promoted then I would agree. As very few Managers have loyalty to a club and vice versa it is not unreasonable to assume that IF we fail in our bid for promotion this year then our owners would look to see if there is a better manager out there as an option.

So in that instance and given his spend, perfectly understandable.

This sums up what is wrong with certain sections of our fans.

If people think that Pearson is the best possible manager for city they are, IMO, deluded. That doesn't mean he needs sacking now or can't get promotion, he should and will be judged by the owners on his performance at the end of the season.

This sums up what is wrong with certain sections of our fans.

If people think that Pearson is the best possible manager for city they are, IMO, deluded. That doesn't mean he needs sacking now or can't get promotion, he should and will be judged by the owners on his performance at the end of the season.

Can't see what is different between BB's statement and mine really Matt can you?

Maybe we amongst many others are 'wrong' to expect more than what we are currently getting bearing in mind our outlay.

Simply mind boggling.

At least we aren't paying more in salaries than we make in an entire season...that would be something really worth getting concerned about. But everything is fine here, top flight football comes with mega profits and free felching for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669