Post Match Ipswich 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least we aren't paying more in salaries than we make in an entire season...that would be something really worth getting concerned about. But everything is fine here, top flight football comes with mega profits and free felching for everyone.
Not everyone. The hamsters pay the price.

FFS, we win the game in hand and we're 5 points off second place with plenty points left !!!! Come on people, sweet baby Jebus...

Can't see what is different between BB's statement and mine really Matt can you?

Maybe we amongst many others are 'wrong' to expect more than what we are currently getting bearing in mind our outlay.

Simply mind boggling.

Of course there are better managers out there, there always will be. My argument to you was that Warnock is far from being one of them. The only manager out there who I'd even consider is Adkins and I don't want him at the minute. The fact that some fans are ok with the mentally of promotion or sack him is what is staggering.

FFS, we win the game in hand and we're 5 points off second place with plenty points left !!!! Come on people, sweet baby Jebus...

Do you think we will go to Cardiff and get the win?

Of course there are better managers out there, there always will be. My argument to you was that Warnock is far from being one of them. The only manager out there who I'd even consider is Adkins and I don't want him at the minute. The fact that some fans are ok with the mentally of promotion or sack him is what is staggering.

People just name Warnock because they believe all the hype mentioned in the press. The same can be said for Holloway and Redknapp.

There is still 12 games to go of the season and after how we have played this season I would expect the Play Offs as a minimum. Automatic looks less likely but with games against Watford and Hull we still have a chance to get up there.

Even if we do make the Play Offs and lose I would suggest that this season has been successful. The squad, whilst smaller, looks a lot better then it did before NP and the wage bill will have been significantly reduced. Knockaert, Wood and Morgan certainly look a lot better than Danns, Beckford and Mills.

Only the Board know whether promotion this season was a must, if it was and we don't make it then NP might be shown the door. I believe that this would be a mistake but as it is not my money I guess my opinion doesn't matter.

People just name Warnock because they believe all the hype mentioned in the press. The same can be said for Holloway and Redknapp.

There is still 12 games to go of the season and after how we have played this season I would expect the Play Offs as a minimum. Automatic looks less likely but with games against Watford and Hull we still have a chance to get up there.

Even if we do make the Play Offs and lose I would suggest that this season has been successful. The squad, whilst smaller, looks a lot better then it did before NP and the wage bill will have been significantly reduced. Knockaert, Wood and Morgan certainly look a lot better than Danns, Beckford and Mills.

Only the Board know whether promotion this season was a must, if it was and we don't make it then NP might be shown the door. I believe that this would be a mistake but as it is not my money I guess my opinion doesn't matter.

Sums it up for me. I said he needed 3 seasons to make his mark, the last of which will be next season. So long as we make year on year progress then I don't see why we need to get rid. This season has been a marked improvement on the last few but apparently still isn't good enough for some.

Sums it up for me. I said he needed 3 seasons to make his mark, the last of which will be next season. So long as we make year on year progress then I don't see why we need to get rid. This season has been a marked improvement on the last few but apparently still isn't good enough for some.

In a perfect world yes....but do you really think the owners buy into your philosophy? Pearson has gone on record that promotion is his mandate this year. If he fails he will be gone whether you like it or not.

Warnock is now a bust flush in my opinion. I say that as someone who has in the past seen him as an ideal manager for us - but the owner was put off by the Foxes Trust and other misguided souls.

I'll add to my list of bust flushes Mick McCarthy and MON.

The problem with Pearson is that he has lost or is losing confidence that he is capable of producing a promotion winning side. Again in my opinion he hasn't got the right skills set to be a top manager and never will be. Can we get someone appreciably better - I wouldn't know but I can't see the owners being content with this inconsistency in performances.

In mitigatrion he is working under a measure of financial restraint which didn't apply to hapless and hopeless Sven....but in relative terms he has still had more money to play with than most in this division.

In a perfect world yes....but do you really think the owners buy into your philosophy? Pearson has gone on record that promotion is his mandate this year. If he fails he will be gone whether you like it or not.

I have no idea, I'm not the owners.

Which is why NP is screwed if we go up or not. The short-term mentality of some fans means that if we were promoted and hit any sort of bad patch they would want him out (as they did at the beginning of this season). If we don't get promoted fans will be saying he has failed and want him out.

The fact we have a squad that is young, determined and better then we have had in recent memory means nothing.

If we weren't to go up and then get rid of Pearson in the summer. The only thing a new manager would add is a shed-load more of debt for the club to handle.

I'm not saying Pearson is the best manager out there but there is no guarantee we would get promoted under an improved replacement. There is a guarantee that we would have to pay off existing contracts for staff and any new manager would have their own idea of what they want and therefore want to spend money which is precisely the last thing this club needs.

Given the above, even if we don't go up I'd still want us to keep Pearson as he has consistantly been competitive with us challenging near the top and has shown improvements over time with us so I see no reason to believe he wouldn't improve us further over the summer.

We're just going through a sticky period for whatever reason, lack of confidence or tiredness kicking in, but come on people have some perspective. This is our best season in at least 10 years and I'm sure many posters have commented after victories throught the season that we have played some of our best football in a similar length of time.

Why anyone would want to change the best we've been in 10 years or so really is madness, in my opinion.

If we weren't to go up and then get rid of Pearson in the summer. The only thing a new manager would add is a shed-load more of debt for the club to handle.

I'm not saying Pearson is the best manager out there but there is no guarantee we would get promoted under an improved replacement. There is a guarantee that we would have to pay off existing contracts for staff and any new manager would have their own idea of what they want and therefore want to spend money which is precisely the last thing this club needs.

Given the above, even if we don't go up I'd still want us to keep Pearson as he has consistantly been competitive with us challenging near the top and has shown improvements over time with us so I see no reason to believe he wouldn't improve us further over the summer.

We're just going through a sticky period for whatever reason, lack of confidence or tiredness kicking in, but come on people have some perspective. This is our best season in at least 10 years and I'm sure many posters have commented after victories throught the season that we have played some of our best football in a similar length of time.

Why anyone would want to change the best we've been in 10 years or so really is madness, in my opinion.

Sums up my thinking exactly.

We're on course for a much better finish than under anyone else recently; why change?
I can't be bothered to look (maybe later), but I can't imagine there are too many clubs recently that have been promoted in their first season with a new manager? It takes time to build, not just money. QPR showed that.

The fact we have a squad that is young, determined and better then we have had in recent memory means nothing.

If you are going to allow a manager buy young and unfinished players, you have to at least acknowledge that the manager needs to develop them. You can see the differences in promoted teams which have 'built' a squad (Swansea is the perfect example) as opposed to the quick fix teams. Yet it appears some fans crave for a QPR situation.

I keep seeing people say ''I expect better for the outlay''. I may sound daft but it's clear Pearson has had some form of financial control imposed him this season. We've had to sell in some cases (or get the wages paid elsewhere) and then purchase.

Looking at the clubs recent financial situation, I am starting to believe that the management staff here were asked to assess if players were worth their wages and whether they could get some value from selling them. I hope the owners forsee that they need to allow a management team enough time to carry this out to the full. Particularly as Pearson is a canny operator in the market whether it be finding a player like Knockaert or sensing when we can purchase at a good price like Morgan.

If you are going to allow a manager buy young and unfinished players, you have to at least acknowledge that the manager needs to develop them.

Then why, knowing that the aim is to get promotion this season as said by the owners themselves has Pearson taken this route? I agree that young players need time but If Pearson didn't understand the aim for THIS season then his overall planning is as bad as his plan B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566