Ipswich 3 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregs_y2k

They've called off the Chelsea v Man U game tomorrow and that was due to be on Sky :102:

It's a lot harder for Sky to put pressure on the Chelsea game because the Metropolitan police will be asking for it to get called off as well as other bureaucratic measures due to the weather.

I genuinely believe Sky wanted at least one live game this weekend and put real pressure on for the game to be started.

pork pie fox

It's a lot harder for Sky to put pressure on the Chelsea game because the Metropolitan police will be asking for it to get called off as well as other bureaucratic measures due to the weather.

I genuinely believe Sky wanted at least one live game this weekend and put real pressure on for the game to be started.

Is there no police force in Suffolk?

Last edited:

gregs_y2k

I only saw the match on TV and will defer to the opinions of those great supporters to traveled to it.

You might have to wait until Monday when they finally get back. Pat on the back to those who made it down there and hope they get back safe....not so sure the same can be said for Atwell, hope he hits some black ice!

FoxCovert

You might have to wait until Monday when they finally get back. Pat on the back to those who made it down there and hope they get back safe....not so sure the same can be said for Atwell, hope he hits some black ice!

It's only a game Greg, he's probably got kids like you and me.

gregs_y2k

It's only a game Greg, he's probably got kids like you and me.

And what if some fans end up dying tonight (Leicester or Ipswich) because of his decision to put the game on. I don't want him to die I just want him to get some poetic justice in the sense that he lightly goes off the road and is stranded for a few hours

Last edited:

spionfox

And what if some fans end up dying tonight (Leicester or Ipswich) because of his decision to put the game on. I don't want him to die I just want him to get some poetic justice

As sour grapes go that's pretty high up there.

pork pie fox

If the police in Suffolk wanted the game called off, it would have been called off. Sky may want a game to go ahead, but if the referee or the police/safety officers decide it shouldn't, then the game will not go ahead. I realise many people like to think of Sky as the decision makers, but this people I've mentioned in the post hold the real power.

Last edited:

Miles Away

That was an absolute farce on every level. I'm pretty livid the match was allowed to go ahead...particularly after taking the players into the tunnel and leaving them to cool down leading to a series of muscle strains that could leave us short of players for an extended period.

If I were Sven I'd be filing a complaint against that pussy of a ref.

We can give it all "we were shit...players didn't fancy it" I suppose. But all this game proved to me is that Ipswich are better than Leicester at playing in a foot of snow. As someone said, Arsenal, Barca and a few other footballing sides would have probably took a good hiding in similar conditions. All this stiff upper lip, they were harder than us is just bollocks. That wasn't football, end of.

Utterly completely ridiculous.

Last edited:

gregs_y2k

People should take responsibility for their own actions, and if they thought it wasn't safe enough to go they shouldn't have gone.

I don't agree with that. It only started snowing at 4 well after supporters would have set out. Before going people will look to the authorities and the ref to make a decision on whether or not it is safe to attend. They decided that it was and put the game on and so should take some flak if anything goes wrong at the game or traveling back.

gregs_y2k

That was an absolute farce on every level. I'm pretty livid the match was allowed to go ahead...particularly after taking the players into the tunnel and leaving them to cool down leading to a series of muscle strains that could leave us short of players for an extended period.

If I were Sven I'd be filing a complaint against that pussy of a ref.

We can give it all "we were shit...players didn't fancy it" I suppose. But all this game proved to me is that Ipswich are better than Leicester at playing in a foot of snow. As someone said, Arsenal, Barca and a few other footballing sides would have probably took a good hiding in similar conditions. All this stiff upper lip, they were harder than us is just bollocks. That wasn't football, end of.

Utterly completely ridiculous.

Completely agree

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I don't agree with that. It only started snowing at 4 well after supporters would have set out. Before going people will look to the authorities and the ref to make a decision on whether or not it is safe to attend. They decided that it was and put the game on and so should take some flak if anything goes wrong at the game or traveling back.

Does that mean if I have an accident on the way to Asda it's their fault for being open?

pork pie fox

But you thought Sky made the decisions a moment ago :102:

If that were the case they would have no interest in the travelling fans, only their audience at home.

spionfox

That was an absolute farce on every level. I'm pretty livid the match was allowed to go ahead...

Get real.

If we had won we would we laughing at Ipswich if they responded like some of us are.

Ike O'Noclassed

April 1970 - Blackpool came to Filbo and we played on a paddy field where one shot goal bound by Rod Fern actually sat in puddle instead of going over the line.

0-0 draw - Blackpool got promoted - we had to wait another year.

Love it. These games truly define what being a supporter of Leicester City is all about. If you don't like it - go support Strictly Come Dancing.

Last edited:

gregs_y2k

April 1970 - Blackpool came to Filbo and we played on a paddy field where one shot goal bound by Rod Fern actually sat in puddle instead of going over the line.

0-0 draw - Blackpool got promoted - we had to wait another year.

Love it. These games truly define what being a supporter of Leicester City is all about. If you don't like it - go support Strictly Come Dancing.

If all the other games across the country had gone ahead then I wouldn't grumble but the fact of the matter is a lot of games got called off today and tomorrow with far better playing conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669