Ipswich Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To tackle the first part. MM has been very unimaginative in his choice of Managers and so it is difficult to know whether a Manager could make a difference.

In the second part I think five of those are out of contract in June, though I have noticed that Douglas has come back from Wycombe. :icon_conf

Firstly - it's not many quality managers who would be that keen to join the club. So Milan has faced a difficult task.

Secondly - Douglas - some festive cheer at last!

Glad to see Kisnorbo's red card rescinded, not that it does us any favours.

Wasn't really expecting anything from the game, what with Ipswich's good home record, but you never know what might happen if it's 11 v 11 instead of 11 v 13......

Thought Kaebi was ok. Didn't do anything wrong. did think he was overlooked several times for passes etc before the sending off though.

First half was a better performance than recent weeks, but with the penalty incident and the sending off, knew it would be very tough for us to get back into the game, and second half was pretty much a non-event.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say yes.

Like I said before, he didn't do anything wrong last night. And tbh I think Ollie should try the same starting 11. First half wasn't too bad, and we've got more chance of getting summat from Hull than we have from Wolves next week!

Last edited:
I had to start work about an hour before kick-off so missed the match completely. I wasn't surprised by the result though, especially seeing as how we had Kisnorbo take an early shower. All is not lost. I think Jeff's post hit the nail on the head. Ipswich do have a good record at home. We are currently in a slump because of the quality of the teams we've played and Holloway's policy of giving everyone a game. Once we start to get the team settled and start playing a few of the "easier" teams we should start to climb the ladder. January transfer window hopefully will bring some badly needed creativity into the squad. I can see Melts point about the treatment of Ollie vs Megson but at this stage we need to get some stability at the club. I think Ollie has an eye for talent and will slowly get things moving in the right direction. Let's get behind the team and the manager, in good times and in bad, no matter how tough things get. There is light at the end of this tunnel. It's just a bloody big tunnel.

What nonsense!! We have been in a slump for four years now. It's nothing at all to do with the quality of our opponents.

And things are not going to get noticeably better until our own quality improves.

What nonsense!! We have been in a slump for four years now. It's nothing at all to do with the quality of our opponents.

And things are not going to get noticeably better until our own quality improves.

True, but I see his point. The slump has been a little slumpier the last couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Spoke to my father tonight - who is an Ipswich season ticket holder now. Although he reckoned it was a shite match, he thought up until the sending off, Leicester looked better than any other team that's played there. Passed the ball around smartly, and Hume alway looked dangerous.

Mind you, the old duffer knows nothing about football, so...

I was referring to the most recent slump, which I still believe is due to team line-up experimentation and the fact that we've played West Brom, Southampton and Ipswich, all of whom are arguably, promotion contenders. But I also went on to say that we needed to get some creativity into the team. Anyhow, if you think my post is nonsense then I'll have to disagree with you.:icon_bigg

''Fortress Portman Road back on track after a decent win over Leicesteer last night. Leicester were unlucky though, never a penalty, never a red card but we really needed that win so we'll take it.''

Snippet from Ipswich fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00